IGNORED

Orlando Gay Night Club Shooting

iacas
Note: This thread is 2878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, newtogolf said:

This has nothing to do with furthering his propaganda, it's about Obama refusing to acknowledge that Radical Islam is our enemy and this is the reason 50 people died in Orlando.  This regime has constantly rewritten history, especially regarding radicalized Muslims, over the last 8 years.  

Obama preaches about the importance of women's rights and LGBT rights but is protecting Muslims who practice Sharia law and wish death to gays and treat women as possessions.  How many more people have to die from these radicals before he and his supporters wake up and realize who the real enemy is.  

You are propagating right wing nonsense. The leader of the free world really shouldn't discuss the issue in Crusader-type language that gives them what they want: An apocalyptic war between civilizations. The Jihadists do not own Islam. Everybody with half a brain knows who the enemy is and a rhetorical substitution isn't going to change that. Get over it already. You are playing childish political games that deflect form the problem.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, phan52 said:

You are propagating right wing nonsense. The leader of the free world really shouldn't discuss the issue in Crusader-type language that gives them what they want: An apocalyptic war between civilizations. The Jihadists do not own Islam. Everybody with half a brain knows who the enemy is and a rhetorical substitution isn't going to change that. Get over it already. You are playing childish political games that deflect form the problem.

No I'm pointing out the act of censorship by our government to propagate their own agenda which is to make everyone want to blame the weapon instead of the scum that took those lives in Orlando.  

Joe Paradiso

5 minutes ago, phan52 said:

I have to agree with this, but I agree that Obama let this one slip through the cracks. His lax security has let this type of incident occur. Just like when Bill Clinton was in office spending all his time and energy convincing everyone how he was a victim of a young intern's sexual advances.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

7 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

No I'm pointing out the act of censorship by our government to propagate their own agenda which is to make everyone want to blame the weapon instead of the scum that took those lives in Orlando.  

No that is not what you said. You said, and I quote:"it's about Obama refusing to acknowledge that Radical Islam is our enemy and this is the reason 50 people died in Orlando."

Like I said, Right wing nonsense. If you need a Thesaurus to figure out who is the enemy, you are not very smart. Just sayin'.

Bill M

3 minutes ago, phan52 said:

No that is not what you said. You said, and I quote:"it's about Obama refusing to acknowledge that Radical Islam is our enemy and this is the reason 50 people died in Orlando."

Like I said, Right wing nonsense. If you need a Thesaurus to figure out who is the enemy, you are not very smart. Just sayin'.

Who do you think the enemy is, AR-15's?  Paul Ryan just wrote;

"Selectively editing this transcript is preposterous. We know the shooter was a radical Islamist extremist inspired by ISIS," Ryan said in the statement. "We also know he intentionally targeted the LGBT community. The administration should release the full, unredacted transcript so the public is clear-eyed about who did this, and why.”

Go back to sleep.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

Chill, people.

This is a golf forum, first and foremost.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, phan52 said:

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Who do you think the enemy is, AR-15's?  Paul Ryan just wrote;

Go back to sleep.

I'm not a moderator, but we should avoid this type of interaction.

EDIT: Erik beat me to it.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Paul Ryan just wrote;

And you just made my point because, as Paul Ryan said: "We know the shooter was a radical Islamist extremist inspired by ISIS." I know it, you know it. What's your problem?

Bill M

Yeah I don't think there is any confusion about the shooter and his influences. There is no cover-up conspiracy the Feds simply don't want to help further his cause. These self-radicalized killers are different. He wanted people to hear his declarations that's why he called 911. Not publishing it is taking away his glory. I don't see that decision to be a partisan one.

Dave :-)

7 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Yeah I don't think there is any confusion about the shooter and his influences. There is no cover-up conspiracy the Feds simply don't want to help further his cause. These self-radicalized killers are different. He wanted people to hear his declarations that's why he called 911. Not publishing it is taking away his glory. I don't see that decision to be a partisan one.

Because the media has insinuated there were other reasons for the shooting.  Censoring the transcript and calls supports the other reasons and not his allegiance to Radical Islam and ISIS.  Obama doesn't hesitate to call out Christians and other groups so why all the sensitivity now for ISIS?  You can't have it both ways.  

Joe Paradiso

10 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

In addition, the 911 calls are just part of a larger investigation. Was ISIS his sole motivation? Why did he choose a gay nightclub after he apparently had been casing other locations as well? Why Latin night? There are a lot of questions and focusing solely on his radicalization could miss some things.

Edited by phan52

Bill M

Just now, newtogolf said:

Obama doesn't hesitate to call out Christians and other groups so why all the sensitivity now for ISIS?

We've been over this.  Do you have an example?

Just now, newtogolf said:

Because the media has insinuated there were other reasons for the shooting.  Censoring the transcript and calls supports the other reasons and not his allegiance to Radical Islam and ISIS.  Obama doesn't hesitate to call out Christians and other groups so why all the sensitivity now for ISIS?  You can't have it both ways.  

I don't think he wants it both ways and he's articulated why he doesn't use certain terms. Nobody is confused about the shooters allegiance and splashing it all over gives it power. He isn't sensitive to ISIS he doesn't want to empower them via giving them recruiting material that could help them attach their cause to an entire religion.

Dave :-)

3 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I don't think he wants it both ways and he's articulated why he doesn't use certain terms. Nobody is confused about the shooters allegiance and splashing it all over gives it power. He isn't sensitive to ISIS he doesn't want to empower them via giving them recruiting material that could help them attach their cause to an entire religion.

Ignoring something doesn't make it any less real or a threat.  

It's not like ISIS is some secret organization that we hope just disappears due to lack of interest, we tried that with the Taliban and it didn't work.  

Joe Paradiso

10 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Looks like Obama and FBI had a change of heart;

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/20/fbi-doj-release-new-full-transcript-orlando-shooters-911-call.html

Props to Obama for doing the right thing.  

I can't believe you're happy we gave the terrorist exactly what he wanted.

By the way, you still haven't explained how Obama calls out Christians. 

7 minutes ago, drmevo said:

I can't believe you're happy we gave the terrorist exactly what he wanted.

By the way, you still haven't explained how Obama calls out Christians. 

We're a democracy and our citizens have a right to know the entire story.  I couldn't care less about what the terrorist wanted.  

Joe Paradiso

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

We're a democracy and our citizens have a right to know the entire story.  I couldn't care less about what the terrorist wanted.  

What did you learn from the non-redacted version that you didn't already know?  

Note: This thread is 2878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!