IGNORED

Orlando Gay Night Club Shooting

iacas
Note: This thread is 2856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty horrific.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

The thing I'm most surprised about today's events is that gay men are still categorically excluded from blood donations. Beyond that, I have no words.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Too much sorrow to even want to talk about it...it's a sad, sad world that we've created.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

A tragic loss of lives for no reason.  This is a very different world than our parents grew up in.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all the friends and families of the victims.  

When will the media learn to stop rushing to report details that aren't verified and that Americans cannot legally buy "assault rifles" (defined as full automatic weapons) anywhere in the country.  The AR in AR-15 does not stand for "Assault Rifle".  It stands for the company that developed it, ArmaLite Rifle.  

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

A tragic loss of lives for no reason.  This is a very different world than our parents grew up in.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all the friends and families of the victims.  

When will the media learn to stop rushing to report details that aren't verified and that Americans cannot legally buy "assault rifles" (defined as full automatic weapons) anywhere in the country.  The AR in AR-15 does not stand for "Assault Rifle".  It stands for the company that developed it, ArmaLite Rifle.  

Can we please not turn this into a NRA rally.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This is the 18th time President Obama made a speech after a mass shooting.

We’re 164 days into 2016. We’ve had 133 mass shootings.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

9 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Sorry if I believe the media should be held accountable for the reports they deliver.  

Joe Paradiso

14 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

But it will quickly be turned into an anti-gun rally.

Bottom line, tragic.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

When tragedies like this occur, I always try to think of what can be taken from the events that could trigger the collective will of this country into making progress against the status quo. The fact that my takeaway from what is simultaneously the worst mass shooting in American history, the worst hate crime in American history, and the worst terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11 is, "maybe GLBT people will be allowed to donate blood now," speaks to my lack of optimism whether anything is going to change as a result of what took place in Orlando.

That's all I want to say about it today.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

What happened was too tragic for words. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

It's such an unbelievably disturbing act and tragedy.  What has really been on my mind today is how each time something like this happens, it's less and less shocking, to the point where I have to stop and remind myself that there was a time that this would really have hit me hard.  If I'm being honest, it no longer does, at least not to the same extent.  And that's terrifying.

Tried to rename this spoiler, couldn't figure it out. Might be considered political so I chose to hide it.

I know it's often considered poor taste to talk about anything that could be considered political in the immediate wake of tragedies such as this, but I think we owe it to the victims to do whatever we can reasonably do to prevent this from happening in the future.  And, I really think/hope we can agree on this.

According to the press conference earlier today, this guy was investigated by the FBI multiple times for suspected involvement with terrorists.  We have a no-fly list that usually applies to such people.  I don't know for sure if he was on it, but if he was (and from the sounds of it, he should've been), for the love of God, why do these people not also get flagged in the NICS database?  We're OK with holding up a person's constitutional right to travel freely in the name of national safety but not their right to own a firearm?  I hope that can change.

Edited by drmevo

Tragic. There's really nothing else I can say.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yup. Here we go again....

Another asshole shoots up a place full of people. Pages upon pages of arguments no different than the other threads of similar nature to ensue. Let's not let it get to that point and focus on what is the real tragedy:  that someone believed people should not be allowed to pursue their version of happiness that harms no one and found a way to to take lives in hatred.  My condolences to the families of all the victims  

6 hours ago, jamo said:

I've sat on this all day and still don't know what to say. It's tragic, unnerving, and unendingly sad.

Too many crazy people out there ... what can we say or do when something like this happens?   As long as there are mentally ill people, things like this will continue to happen.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!