IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge July 2016

Note: This thread is 2838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7/12/16:

Worked on driving and GamePlanning for the club championship this morning.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did some slow motion stuff and about 30 or 40 swings before it gets too hot.  I figured out what I was missing at the range yesterday - I was not getting into my right hip enough. 

So my keys now are 1. Don't sway!  2. Arms *lift* in the backswing.  3.  Deep right hip  4.  Full extension. 

I still have a lot more to do with Key 2 but the "Deep hip" thought seems to set me up for at least a semi-functional weight shift.  I'm not getting far enough onto my left side at impact.  I've made some significant changes, though and am at kind of an impass . .should I hit more "down"?  ie . .should my "punch shot" actually be my normal shot and I need to develop even more punch for a punch shot?  Or is it good like it is for now?  and - How can I get on my left side sooner?  and - I seem to be getting to a great 3/4 follow through - why not all the way?  My only hesitation is that I pretty much know that I know already what he's got to tell me about my weight shift and that's still going to be the most important thing . .  I probably could just buckle down on it vs going in for a repeat.  We'll see how the week goes. 

7/12 - 5 mins of hinging and follow through (pitching motion) as I've been focussed on as late.  A few mins of lag putting down the halls of our office, then back to another 5-10 mins of pitch swings outside. Hopefully will get out to a chipping green tomorrow.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Mirror work today. Focused on my drill feel with slow swings and mapping.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

45 min range work. Still the same pieces, but added to add wrist flex (opposite of cupping) at the top. Hit even shorter shots until I can get the right motions when hitting a ball. The slow motion swing without a ball is getting close, but need to do the same motion when deliberately hitting a ball.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

7/12/2016:

Another practice round from the front tees with my 5 iron today. Average second shot position is about the same with my 5 iron from the front tees as my driver from my normal tees, so it's allowed me to practice my game as if I was hitting regular, straight drives all day. Trying to focus on learning the course, proper angles, etc. 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Went to a golf store earlier today; tried out a few putters on their practice green by making some five and ten-foot putts.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Playing 18 today in my leagues mid-year tournament. I will warm up the way I've been doing my drill in the last few days instead of just going through my bag as in the past. I focus is to dial in the feel I have been working on.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7/13/16:

Worked on wedges and short irons today... From like 150 yards in... So 8 iron down....I'm getting pretty comfortable inside 100 yards... 100-150 needs a little work and inside of 50 needs work.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7/13 - stance, grip, alignment with wedge. 10-15 slow swings with focus on take away. 10mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

7/13/2016:

Spent about 20-30 minutes practicing putting before my round today. Practiced 10-12 foot putts with no break to warm up and then spent about 15 minutes practicing lag putting. Starting at about 30 feet and went all the way up to 80-90 feet or so, with various slopes and undulations. I like practicing long putts. :content:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

Practiced quite a bit today.  My own assessment is that my Keys 1, 3, 4 and 5 are pretty good!  Key 4 has improved so much over the last couple of months.  Key 2 is where I struggle.  I've been experimenting with different feels and I just haven't found one that feels "right" and gets good results.  On my best swings, I'd call my weight shift "mostly passive but cooperative".  ie - at impact my weight is forward enough to hit a good shot but not forward enough to hit a really good one.  I feel like it's that I'm late with the shift.  

Anyway - I hit probably 100 or so shots today.  Some good ones but nothing really clicking with my weight shift.   

Just did some posture drills in the evening. Looking for a neutral hip position at address.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

7/14/16:

Dialing in shot zones for the weekend.

I found out that with the irons anyway... Lee Trevino's famous saying about a hook not listening is true with me. I can hit a draw if I need to. But my controlled fade is downright deadly. 

For whatever reason, I'm hitting my irons further lately and I'm definitely a club longer than last year. My 140-145 yard 8-irons are now 150-155 yard 8-irons. My PW is deadly from 115-130 yards. I can actually hit lofted wedges sorta full NOW! 

My chipping will need work... It's getting better though. As is my putting. My longer clubs from the deck... I'm struggling with a bit... Though the 4h is straighter and more solid.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

7/14 - range for 45 mins. Went thru whole bag, but  50% of balls with 60* working on pitches. Draw flight working well jus5 my starting alignment needs intermittent correction. Love the daily work

-Jonny

7/14/2016:

Putting practice again for about 30 minutes. Practiced 2-4 foot putts on various slopes, as I miss to many of those. Then practiced some long lag putts, about 80 feet or so. Then a few sets of 15 foot putts and finishing them out to the hole.

Jake

15 minutes slow motion work. Takeaway and shallower downswing. Range tomorrow. Hoping to see improved video.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I played 27 holes today. Based on how I played today, I need to have more practice on shots from uneven lies: I think I could have shot eight fewer strokes for the day if I had any confidence with the ball above my feet.

Note: This thread is 2838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!