IGNORED

RNC

Elmer
Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

21 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Clearly we have different view points but GOP never goes as negative as Dems.

Literally everything I've heard coming out of Cleveland this week can be boiled down to "Hillary's evil, and the country's going down the toilet. Let's be mad about everything."

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Gunther said:

I'll take Christie's education over whomever wrote that piece for Cle.com.  And, he didn't say it would have prevented the kidnapping.  He said she fought to keep them off the terror list, which was another display of her bad judgement because they were clearly ruthless terrorists associated with Al Quaeda.  One can only speculate as to why but if I were guessing it would be either because of political correctness or she gained financially.

Is there emails proving this?  I doubt the Governor of NJ knows the inner workings and has access to documents of the State Department. I bet he saw that it was delayed and is making a huge assumption based on no substantial evidence on what the true intent was. Basically he's just doing what MSNBC and Fox News does. Makes baseless opinionated comments to rile up the masses. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Literally everything I've heard coming out of Cleveland this week can be boiled down to "Hillary's evil, and the country's going down the toilet. Let's be mad about everything."

Right, that's my point, this time the GOP is hammering the left...finally.  70% of Americans believe we're on the wrong track, there is plenty to be mad about.

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Is there emails proving this?  I doubt the Governor of NJ knows the inner workings and has access to documents of the State Department. I bet he saw that it was delayed and is making a huge assumption based on no substantial evidence on what the true intent was. Basically he's just doing what MSNBC and Fox News does. Makes baseless opinionated comments to rile up the masses. 

You're speculating as much, or more, than I did.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

9 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Right, that's my point, this time the GOP is hammering the left...finally.  70% of Americans believe we're on the wrong track, there is plenty to be mad about.

But anger doesn't solve anything. After peeking my head into this convention for the last two days, I've heard an awful lot of rage, but no mention of substantive policy attached to the Republican platform. That's unsettling.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

21 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

But anger doesn't solve anything. After peeking my head into this convention for the last two days, I've heard an awful lot of rage, but no mention of substantive policy attached to the Republican platform. That's unsettling.

Another red herring.  Name me the substantive things Clinton has outlined.

Free education?  Ok, Trump has the wall.

Stop Wall St?  Um, yeah...really?

Increase taxes on the rich?  We have a tax policy outlined as well.  

Constrain ISIS?  Ok, we're gonna annihilate them.  

Treat everyone equally?  Trump will bring jobs, quite a lot of ideas on this front actually.

Trump has a lot of policy outlined on his website and obviously much is under development.  I'm sure Clinton does as well.  This is not the time for it.  

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

(edited)

Found this to be a very interesting article,
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/trump-to-license-name-to-presidency-not-run-it.html?mid=fb-share-di

Of all the people who are planning to vote for DT, if hypothetically speaking, this does happen what is your level of outrage, if any?

Best tweet of the night:

"Calling your daughter after someone close to her dies is now apparently sufficient for the father of the year award "

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

8 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Found this to be a very interesting article,
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/trump-to-license-name-to-presidency-not-run-it.html?mid=fb-share-di

Of all the people who are planning to vote for DT, if hypothetically speaking, this does happen what is your level of outrage, if any?

Something along the lines of, "executive power stretches far beyond what the constitution intended, so if Trump can bring about some way to weaken those powers, he has my full support."

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:58 AM, Elmer said:

Actually he used the Ar-15 to to shoot my solar panels. Than used an endangered bird to clog up my wind turbine.
Finally he wastefully burned coal in my yard.

Believe it or not, it is possible to be a social liberal and fiscal conservative!

if what you claim is true you will obviously vote for Trump, that should be obvious to you...

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I'm not sure Queen has any legal course of action if Trump isn't using it for monetary value. 

I would think people would be considerate of an artists request not to have their work used against their wishes even though there might be nothing illegal about it. :-P

Trump was asked legally to not use other bands music in the past so I'm pretty sure Queen has legal recourse if they wish to take it.  If the band feels strongly it doesn't want it's music used by Trump they can make him stop.  

If I were them, I'd complain about them using to disassociate themselves from Trump but be grateful that someone is still playing their music and hope it results in some music sales.  

Joe Paradiso

5 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

If I were them, I'd complain about them using to disassociate themselves from Trump but be grateful that someone is still playing their music and hope it results in some music sales.  

Queen being ranked 13th all time in verified record sales, I doubt they have to worry about getting money for their songs. :-D

I think it matters more to them that they rather not be associated with Trump. Which I think any Artist should have the right to do. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Just now, saevel25 said:

Queen being ranked 13th all time in verified record sales, I doubt they have to worry about getting money for their songs. :-D

Was getting ready to post the same thing. Queen isn't looking to Trump to expand their audience.

Dave :-)

On 7/19/2016 at 10:58 AM, Elmer said:

Believe it or not, it is possible to be a social liberal and fiscal conservative!

Welcome to Libertarianism.

Democrat or a Republican.  (Social bullies, and spendthrifts.  Both are as FAR from social liberal and fiscal conservative as possible actually).

Bill - 

I will cede one point to the left, Republicans cannot dance for shit!  Jesus people...stop!

Okay, that Cruz speech happened...

4 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Yeah Lyin Ted earned his nickname tonight.  Hypocrite questioned whether Trump would take and honor the pledge but he, Jeb, Kasich and Rand were the ones who didn't honor it.  #soreloser

Joe Paradiso

7 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Yeah Lyin Ted earned his nickname tonight.  Hypocrite questioned whether Trump would take and honor the pledge but he, Jeb, Kasich and Rand were the ones who didn't honor it.  #soreloser

Getting booed off the stage at the RNC. Who is paying him to withhold his support? Or is really just that much of a sore loser? 

- Mark

9 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Getting booed off the stage at the RNC. Who is paying him to withhold his support? Or is really just that much of a sore loser? 

He's either committed political suicide, or he's going to be elected president in 2020. (Note that Trump losing does not guarantee the latter.)

8 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Would I rather see them not make pledges at all, sure. Then do you want to be the guy left out who doesn't? I don't mind those who do not support Trump based on what they think is morally right for them. 

You can see Paul Ryan trying to save this sinking ship at the RNC. He clearly is battling the need to keep the party together and the need to save his pride by tolerating Trump and not outright praising him. 

Here is a quote from his speech. 

“This year of surprises and dramatic turns can end in the finest possible way when America elects a conservative governing majority.”

You could insert Trump there, but he didn't

Not once did Paul Ryan mention Trump in his speech at the RNC. Here is his Transcript. 

http://www.npr.org/2012/08/29/160282031/transcript-rep-paul-ryans-convention-speech

8 hours ago, Braivo said:

This ^

When you have John Boehner calling Cruz Satan. I think Cruz routinely likes burn bridges. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!