IGNORED

Turn that boombox down/off ... you idiot!

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 hours ago, Elrey Desol said:

you caught me. i actually played a 5.5 hour round, solo, never once letting the faster group behind me play through. listened to Katy Perry at full volume (CAUSE BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK!!!1!) while pounding down a dozen double-IPAs. made a point of not fixing a single pitch-mark - because you know, screw everyone else - and took the "Carts on Path Only" sign as a polite suggestion.

good times.

Change, ' listened to Katy Perry at full volume' to 'had Katy Perry sing to me in person' and this story is Pulitzer Prize worthy! Plus, you wouldn't have been a single past the first hole!

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/29/2016 at 4:05 AM, David in FL said:

My group plays music, and enjoys it.  Usually a little country or old school rock.  If someone is paired with us, we ask if they mind.  If they do, they're welcome to find someone else to play with.  Of course we tone it down if we run up on another group on a tee box, but that's the only possible time anyone else could possibly hear it.  

Being able to do so is why we play at a private club, @Grndslmhttr3;-).  

We have several groups at our course that play music during their rounds.  It doesn't bother me at all.  If I get paired with them, most of the time I'm walking and they are riding and I hear the music now and then during the round.  So not sure that would be considered "prolonged period of use" to make the round null and void for handicap purposes.  When I'm playing by myself, I like to listen to music and if you can hear it you're in the wrong fairway.  ;-)

But if someone joined me or I joined them I would turn it off.  

OT- I also like to have a Cigar now and then, but I ask those in my group if it bothers them.  If it does I would wait until after the round to enjoy a cigar.       

On 8/2/2016 at 3:34 AM, Pretzel said:

so I just play without it when I walk since I can't "shape" the noise as easily as in a cart (putting the phone in the front cubby redirects nearly all the noise towards you allowing you to both prevent it from being heard by others and play it at a softer volume, helping further with the not being heard by others bit).

Pretzel, I have a drink holder (neoprene one) that I use to direct the sound right at me if I'm carrying my bag and if I'm using my push cart, I use the console trays to do the same thing.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I will occasionally listen to some music in my cart. Rules of music eqituitte

1. ask the people in your group if they mind if you're going to turn it on.

2. Keep it a a level that it can be heard only in the near vicinity of the cart

3. If your cart is getting near another tee box or cart, turn it down further.

The only time others can hear my music is if they arrive near my cart and I don't see them coming.

Note: This thread is 2830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!