IGNORED

Turn that boombox down/off ... you idiot!

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With carts with bluetooth technology, speakers, and such, more and more people are cranking up (their sh*ty) music and drive right up the front group's tee box.   Many of them have no sense to turn their music down, or ask the front group if it bothers them.   What's up with that?   Turn that sh*t down or off, or ask if the music bothers others.  No one wants to hear your rap, country, new wave, punk rock when he is just about to tee off.    

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a rule. If I'm put with strangers, I check out their cart. If they have a boom box and will blasting Shaniah Twain or P-Ditty Combs, I ask the starter to reassign me.

I play golf in part for the peace and quiet - I don't want the noise.

At the gym, lots of people workout with headphones on. But, on the course, headphones don't work very well. Also, it appears good manners don't work very well either.

• Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Wow! Went to that movie yesterday! We played a very popular local goat ranch with questionable routing simply because it was on our Loop Discount Cards, so we thought we'd just burn it up! At one point in the round we were on a tee that was quite close to another tee. These two doofuses drove up with some whacko music blasting, stepped up on the tee and proceeded to dance!

Thank God I wasn't armed!

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

With carts with bluetooth technology, speakers, and such, more and more people are cranking up (their sh*ty) music and drive right up the front group's tee box.   Many of them have no sense to turn their music down, or ask the front group if it bothers them.   What's up with that?   Turn that sh*t down or off, or ask if the music bothers others.  No one wants to hear your rap, country, new wave, punk rock when he is just about to tee off.    

It's an immature kind of attention seeking in my opinion. The type of music is irrelevant. It's rude to create that much noise without permission.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Yes, I agree 99.99% that golf and loud music do not collide well with each other during one's golf game. The lone .01% exception is when there is a party going on in a home owner's back yard, and they offer me a cold beer, and a hot link dog. It's happened before to me. Lol :beer:

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

My group plays music, and enjoys it.  Usually a little country or old school rock.  If someone is paired with us, we ask if they mind.  If they do, they're welcome to find someone else to play with.  Of course we tone it down if we run up on another group on a tee box, but that's the only possible time anyone else could possibly hear it.  

Being able to do so is why we play at a private club, @Grndslmhttr3;-).  

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

My group plays music, and enjoys it.  Usually a little country or old school rock.  If someone is paired with us, we ask if they mind.  If they do, they're welcome to find someone else to play with.  Of course we tone it down if we run up on another group on a tee box, but that's the only possible time anyone else could possibly hear it.  

Being able to do so is why we play at a private club, @Grndslmhttr3;-).  

Why do you even ask if you're not willing to turn it off.

• Upvote 3

Sometimes I'll put headphones on and listen to something, but I'd never even think of playing music through speakers.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I like quiet. I've never really heard music on the course though. I'm not the type to use music during a workout or walk unless I am on a bike trainer, which can be boring. But otherwise, I like to be just alone with my thoughts.

For me, one of the best parts of golf is being outdoors in nature. If I can't hear road noise, all the better. On Wednesday, we were greeted with the alarm cries of a red tail hawk who was mad about something. I would not have been able to hear that if a boom box was blasting.

• Upvote 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't mind "my" music on the course once in a great while but know others wouldn't like it so if I am by myself I may play it on a very low level. There was a guy playing music the other day that I could hear it 75 yards away. This to me is wrong. You should not hear the music more than 10 to max 20 yards from your cart. Music should not go outside the hole you are playing on and if someone is required to play with you, wear a headset.

• Upvote 3

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Lads occasionally play music at my munis, but it's hardly ever been loud enough to bother me. Lord knows there are enough other types of issues we face.

I've kind of been forced to be OK with music on the course. It's just become so common that it's not really something I can avoid. I probably hear music playing from someone's cart at least every other round. I'd really prefer people didn't play music, for the reasons many have stated, but if the course allows it I can't really do anything about it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

We play music through a blue tooth pretty regularly.  Never interfered with another group, as far as I know, but I've been known to crank it up when a good song comes up, maybe busted a move a time or 2 as well.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I don't think I have heard any music at the place I play at.  I would like to keep it that way.  I don't go golfing to hear music, I go for the peace and quiet.  If you have to listen to music while playing then you can wear some headphones.

I can't imagine seeing someone with a "boom box" blaring from their cart but have a good idea of what I would tell them.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Seems like lots on reddit which I'm guessing trends young, like music while playing. You read about tour pros with their souped up carts with big speakers too, guess people copy that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I personally don't have any issues with people playing music. If i play alone I typically play it out of my phone in my pocket not through a speaker, to me its no different than carts driving by or groups that are laughing or being loud. That being said you should still be aware of the people around you and not be rude to them. The only reason I don't go the headphones route is that I could still hear people yell fore if I was accidentally hit into.

Edited by JxQx

I have not run into anyone blasting music yet but hearing music on the course is becoming more common.  Those who feel their music is low enough so no one else can hear it are probably fooling themselves, just like those who carry on whispered conversations while someone is teeing off.  My preference is no music, no phone's ringing, no phone conversations, etc... but we all have to get used to modern background noise. 

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 2784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!