IGNORED

Made in Denmark 2016 Tournament

Scotsclaff
Note: This thread is 2758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Euro tour goes to Himmerland Golf and Spa resort in Denmark this week.

Last time for the golfers to impress Darren Clarke for a spot in the Ryder cup team.

Martin Kaymer will go out with vice captain Thomas Bjorn,while Lowery and Kjeldsen goes out with another vice captain Paul Lawrie.Thomas Pieters plays with the captain himself Clarke. Good move Darren.

Westwood not playing this week,he may have got the call already???

himmerland.jpg

himmerland-backtee-course-hul16.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

Edited by Scotsclaff

The most esoteric golf tournament name ever...

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

9 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

The Euro tour goes to Himmerland Golf and Spa resort in Denmark this week.

Last time for the golfers to impress Darren Clarke for a spot in the Ryder cup team.

Martin Kaymer will go out with vice captain Thomas Bjorn,while Lowery and Kjeldsen goes out with another vice captain Paul Lawrie.Thomas Pieters plays with the captain himself Clarke. Good move Darren.

Westwood not playing this week,he may have got the call already???

himmerland.jpg

himmerland-backtee-course-hul16.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

Is it more of a links style course? I've come close to going to Denmark when I was in Germany. I've heard it is lovely.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Wansteadimp said:

Tom Lewis 12 under through 13, needs to par in for 59, but has a 470 yard par 5 coming up!

Beautifully jinxed, bogey, par the par 5, par, bogey, 10 under thru' 17.

And with his bogey on 18 he goes from looking at a sub-60 round to "only" shooting a 62 and being in a 3-way tie for the lead after the first round.
Just shows how good the field is - their are 4 guys at the top of the leaderboard who all birdied (or better) at least 1/2 the holes today.

Players play, tough players win!

17 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

IMG_8194.jpg

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I've heard it is lovely.

Looks pretty lovely to me. 

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• iacas changed the title to Made in Denmark 2016 Tournament
1 hour ago, djfajt71 said:

Does every golfer get one of these for the weekend?!?! :banana:

It would be the most popular resort in the entire world!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The Danish fans having some fun with Darren Clarke at the 16th hole yesterday.The last pic was the 16th on the final day last year.306387_m16.jpg

clarke.jpg

himmerland.jpg

Himmerland-Golf-&-Spa-Resort-16th-hole-Made-in-Denmark-640.640x480.gif

Bradley Dredge from Wales is in the lead at -13 shooting a 66 to compliment his 63 on Thurs.Pieters keeps up the good work and his Ryder cup hopes with a level par 71 and stays at -9.

Darren Clarke misses the cut but Paul Lawrie shoots a 66 and makes the cut at -6.

There are 2 Danes in the hunt,both on -7,Soren Kjeldsen and Jeff Winther,this should keep the crowds pouring in.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Scotsclaff said:

Bradley Dredge from Wales is in the lead

Yes he is…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes he is…

I thought you'd know that;-):-D

Dredge keeps the lead by one on -12.

Pieters is only 1 behind him and I wouldn't bet against him winning this thing.It would be hard for Darren Clarke not to pick him if he does win.

Kaymar is having a good tournament only 4 behind,Knoxy in America is way behind at +5.

I think Westwood Kaymar and Pieters are favourites for the wild cards at the moment.

• Administrator

Sometimes you just get beat.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
5 hours ago, iacas said:

Sometimes you just get beat.

eh?

Such a pity that thunderstorm came thru and held up play for 3 hours,a lot of the fans went home.

I watched Pieters on every hole,his driving is incredible and once he perfects his short game....lookout!

He is 6ft 5ins AND HE'S GONNA SCARE THE SHITE OUT OF THE AMERICANS AT HAZELTINE.

Edited by Scotsclaff

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Scotsclaff said:

eh?

Dredge lost to a guy who finished birdie, birdie, birdie. That's all. He didn't lose the tournament; he was just beat.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!