IGNORED

Why do Hillary and Obama want more refugees?

StefanUrkel
Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

How many refugees is Canada taking???

13 hours ago, drmevo said:

31,000 so far.  Three times as many as the US I believe.

Not sure of the exact number, but  this sounds about right, and I'm proud of it. At this point, I'm actually more frightened of Americans than any other national. Y'all got some scary ass mo-fos coming outta the woodwork these days. Ever watch videos of a Trump rally? Lord Thunderin' Jesus, that's some scary shit!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Ill try to explain it a bit better.  Keep in mind, this is simply my opinion.

The Bible is a book written by God not man.  If you believe in God, you believe in the complete book.

I suppose you could agree with certain portions in theory, but that is not the same as believing in God to me.  

If someone believes in Jesus's teachings, but not Jesus himself, that's fine, but then state that.  I am not against @Elmer's belief that we should help the poor. I just feel he should let us know his belief on it instead of using Jesus name to try to hold it against others, when (IIRC) he doesn't actually have a very high opinion of Jesus.

Not sure if that helps.  It would be easier for me to communicate this verbally. 

It helps confirm how ridiculous of an idea it is, yes.  Also the epitome of an ad hominem argument. @Elmer's religion or lack thereof isn't the point.  

2 hours ago, newtogolf said:

You don't get to tell people what Jesus would do unless you're willing to accept all the things the bible states.  No picking and choosing.  

But its a counter-argument.  The meme pokes fun at the idea that many of the people that call themselves Christian are the same people that have no desire to help poor or needy people.  You certainly do not have to be one of those people to find the humor in that picture or make that observation.

30 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

It helps confirm how ridiculous of an idea it is, yes.

Almost as ridiculous as having faith in the idea that Clinton, Obama, Trump or any other politician ever did much of anything beyond the purpose of staying in or gaining power. Especially - as @DaveP043 put it - during an election year.

Jon

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

It helps confirm how ridiculous of an idea it is, yes.  Also the epitome of an ad hominem argument. @Elmer's religion or lack thereof isn't the point.  

But its a counter-argument.  The meme pokes fun at the idea that many of the people that call themselves Christian are the same people that have no desire to help poor or needy people.  You certainly do not have to be one of those people to find the humor in that picture or make that observation.

I suppose I'm not surprised you find it ridiculous.  That's still the way I though. I don't have anything more to say on it. I guess you win this round... ;)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

to the OP:   its because it makes them seem like a good person.... when in fact they are only a 2 steps away from being no better than the devil himself....

Plus with all the democrats wanting illegals to be able to vote... they will happily take all the refugee's, doesnt matter if they are terroists and kill people... thats a gun control issue..   

i mean look at Europe and all the refugee's they took in and the violence that they have now, from all the refugee's.... if you want that over here..... well i hope you invite them into your house

It is what it is

31 minutes ago, David L Yskes said:

i mean look at Europe and all the refugee's they took in and the violence that they have now, from all the refugee's.... if you want that over here..... well i hope you invite them into your house

Refugees aren't washing up on our shores by the boatload; if the United States chooses to take in a larger number than it currently has (which it can do easily), that would reduce the burden off of overwhelmed European governments, and in turn lessen the level of the crisis. Regardless of what any racist Cheeto may say, we're very good at this sort of thing.

I read today that the odds of being killed in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee are one in 3.64 billion; the odds of being killed by a dog are one in 18 million. There are two dogs in my household, so by that logic, I could house 400 refugees without increasing the already existing risk of untimely death.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

27 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Refugees aren't washing up on our shores by the boatload; if the United States chooses to take in a larger number than it currently has (which it can do easily), that would reduce the burden off of overwhelmed European governments, and in turn lessen the level of the crisis. Regardless of what any racist Cheeto may say, we're very good at this sort of thing.

I read today that the odds of being killed in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee are one in 3.64 billion; the odds of being killed by a dog are one in 18 million. There are two dogs in my household, so by that logic, I could house 400 refugees without increasing the already existing risk of untimely death.

Not that I'm against taking vetted refugee families into the country but since when did it become our job to reduce the burden of European governments who make poor decisions for their own countries.  

When we fix all the problems in our country, we can then worry about Europe.  

Joe Paradiso

10 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

... Since when did it become our job to reduce the burden of European governments who make poor decisions for their own countries.

Hasn't that kind of been our thing for, like, ever??

Not that I necessarily disagree with you that we shouldn't always be so quick to assist/meddle. :)

6 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Hasn't that kind of been our thing for, like, ever??

Since the Marshall Plan went into effect, at least.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

7 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Right, right.  So not forever ... Just about 70 years then. :)

We didn't have a $20 trillion deficit and the level of homelessness, illegal aliens and welfare recipients we do today, priorities change. 

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

We didn't have a $20 trillion deficit and the level of homelessness, illegal aliens and welfare recipients we do today, priorities change. 

No, but 25,000,000 people had just died in a World War. 6,000,000 Jews were murdered. We had segregation, lynchings, we interned Japanese Americans for fear that they were Tojo sympathizers. Things were not very good and yet we took in refugees. Maybe not enough.

FWIW, none of the 9/11 conspirators were refugees. Timothy McVeigh wasn't a refugee nor Terry Nichols. Neither were the San Bernadino shooters, Columbine, Aurora, Charleston, Orlando, etc... None of them were refugees. The Boston Marathon bombers were from a family that sought asylum, and were not refugees. Big difference in the vetting process.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/details-emerge-on-suspected-boston-bombers/2013/04/19/ef2c2566-a8e4-11e2-a8e2-5b98cb59187f_story.html

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

No, but 25,000,000 people had just died in a World War. 6,000,000 Jews were murdered. We had segregation, lynchings, we interned Japanese Americans for fear that they were Tojo sympathizers. Things were not very good and yet we took in refugees. Maybe not enough.

FWIW, none of the 9/11 conspirators were refugees. Timothy McVeigh wasn't a refugee nor Terry Nichols. Neither were the San Bernadino shooters, Columbine, Aurora, Charleston, Orlando, etc... None of them were refugees. The Boston Marathon bombers were from a family that sought asylum, and were not refugees. Big difference in the vetting process.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/details-emerge-on-suspected-boston-bombers/2013/04/19/ef2c2566-a8e4-11e2-a8e2-5b98cb59187f_story.html

Scott, I'm not against taking refugees as long as they are properly vetted and we lean towards taking families versus 18-30 males.  I also expect that they integrate and contribute, not just come here for a free ride.  

Joe Paradiso

14 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

Ill try to explain it a bit better.  Keep in mind, this is simply my opinion.

The Bible is a book written by God not man.  If you believe in God, you believe in the complete book.

I suppose you could agree with certain portions in theory, but that is not the same as believing in God to me.  

If someone believes in Jesus's teachings, but not Jesus himself, that's fine, but then state that.  I am not against @Elmer's belief that we should help the poor. I just feel he should let us know his belief on it instead of using Jesus name to try to hold it against others, when (IIRC) he doesn't actually have a very high opinion of Jesus.

Not sure if that helps.  It would be easier for me to communicate this verbally. 

The bible is a book written by man, at least the copy that is sitting on my nightstand is. It was bought at Barnes and Noble and came from some publisher.
I think you are confusing the bible with the 10 commandments, which were dictated by G*d to Moses. 
http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/who-wrote-the-bible

I have neither a high nor low opinion on Jesus. I think he was a peaceful individual who spoke of helping others and showing kindness and compassion.
It is his followers who use his teaching to ostracize gays and punish the poor who I have a low opinion of!
safe_image-1-300x174.jpg

14 hours ago, newtogolf said:

You are pretty much dead on.  I'm agnostic but don't use the bible or Jesus to make my points when the subject matter fits my perspective and then call it fiction when it doesn't.  

This is a rare time in which we may agree. I never use the bible to make my points about slavery, mans's superiority over women, etc......
However I find it baffling when people cherry pick the bible and use religion to back up only part of their claim.
Example-Candidate A "the bible is the best book ever, I read it and follow all of Jesus's teachings, except for feeding the poor, drug testing welfare people and the death penalty"

thank-you-jesus-atheist-meme-feature.png

21 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Scott, I'm not against taking refugees as long as they are properly vetted and we lean towards taking families versus 18-30 males.  I also expect that they integrate and contribute, not just come here for a free ride.  

I have no problem vetting refugees, however we don't even vet our own citizens and they are causing more of an issue than refugees!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

58 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I would hope so too. Many have and contributed great things for America.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, newtogolf said:

That wasn't what you said.  You tried to rhetorically ask "since when did we ..." And it was answered.

The implication was that this is a new thing - us helping other countries and trying to promote peace (in whatever weird way we sometimes choose) - and not our job.  It's been our job (at least according to our government) for some time now.  It isn't new.

16 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Not sure of the exact number, but  this sounds about right, and I'm proud of it. At this point, I'm actually more frightened of Americans than any other national. Y'all got some scary ass mo-fos coming outta the woodwork these days. Ever watch videos of a Trump rally?  that's some scary shit!

So you would like to see the properly vetted if they wanted to enter Canada?

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

The bible is a book written by man, at least the copy that is sitting on my nightstand is. It was bought at Barnes and Noble and came from some publisher.
I think you are confusing the bible with the 10 commandments, which were dictated by G*d to Moses. 
http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/who-wrote-the-bible

Physically man may have put the pen to the paper.  I believe the words that were written came from God.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

I have neither a high nor low opinion on Jesus. I think he was a peaceful individual who spoke of helping others and showing kindness and compassion.
It is his followers who use his teaching to ostracize gays and punish the poor who I have a low opinion of!

Well said Sir 100%

Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!