IGNORED

GAME GOLF Live now on sale! Worldwide!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not saying your product will be awry.-I am sure it will be new in box and retail packaging.

Dropping price from $199 to $109 is what I mean.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Phil McGleno said:

Can you export your data from GAME GOLF-anyone?

There's an outstanding feature request for exporting: http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests?query=export

79 votes for it, which is one of the higher-in-demand feature requests there.  From past experience with other product development teams, this sort of thing (regarding opening their data for movement to other platforms) is typically low on a list of enhancements, for reasons I can understand- but I still resent a little bit. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

6 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

Can you export your data from GAME GOLF-anyone?

AS @RandallT mentioned, the Dashboard presently does not have that capability, or they do not care to provide the info, yet. Hopefully with enough user requests, they may proceed in some manner.

I have begun writing my own spreadsheet which I then retrieve my info from GG
One benefit of developing a personal data base is having more accurate data (not recording various) 
I personally only want true distances of shots and not have punch outs or chip shots with various irons on record.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

I personally only want true distances of shots and not have punch outs or chip shots with various irons on record.

They already exclude those shots. Go look.

Unless you hit a big majority of your shots as punch outs… the software excludes those shots.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

They already exclude those shots. Go look.

Unless you hit a big majority of your shots as punch outs… the software excludes those shots.

Cool, I did not realize it did.

Thanks for the info.

still interested in this. I've been going through the original thread and am about 3/4 ways through all the posts. It gives a lot of good detail, but perhaps a lot more than I really want. I also have looked at a few members games on the forum, mostly I wanted to look at some with mediocre games (like mine). I was a little confused in that a couple were quite dated, like 2015. Either they stopped using GG or maybe just have not posted any updates. I thought I saw one that indicated a 441 yard drive? Surely that is a glitch, or he hit a drive OB, then carried out onto the fairway or something before hitting again?  (Practice round or more than likely, I read it wrong or something as I just sort of "glossed" over it).

In any event, the prices are down within the realm of possibility at some future date. A little concern about future support of the OEM.  The app "My Score Card" as others have mentioned is something I may consider. Again, not sure I would be disciplined enough to enter all the data each time. The rinky dink thing I have now, provides me with all I need/want, and is simple to use now that I have made a couple of changes to it. Also, I do not have  smart phone any more, just a desk top. (it went deep six, in the Pacific whilst kayaking).

17 hours ago, Club Rat said:

AS @RandallT mentioned, the Dashboard presently does not have that capability, or they do not care to provide the info, yet. Hopefully with enough user requests, they may proceed in some manner.

I have begun writing my own spreadsheet which I then retrieve my info from GG
One benefit of developing a personal data base is having more accurate data (not recording various) 

Hasn't @RandallT et al, already done that in their Deep Dive Analysis tool?

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

12 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

still interested in this. I've been going through the original thread and am about 3/4 ways through all the posts. It gives a lot of good detail, but perhaps a lot more than I really want. I also have looked at a few members games on the forum, mostly I wanted to look at some with mediocre games (like mine). I was a little confused in that a couple were quite dated, like 2015. Either they stopped using GG or maybe just have not posted any updates. I thought I saw one that indicated a 441 yard drive? Surely that is a glitch, or he hit a drive OB, then carried out onto the fairway or something before hitting again?  (Practice round or more than likely, I read it wrong or something as I just sort of "glossed" over it).

In any event, the prices are down within the realm of possibility at some future date. A little concern about future support of the OEM.  The app "My Score Card" as others have mentioned is something I may consider. Again, not sure I would be disciplined enough to enter all the data each time. The rinky dink thing I have now, provides me with all I need/want, and is simple to use now that I have made a couple of changes to it. Also, I do not have  smart phone any more, just a desk top. (it went deep six, in the Pacific whilst kayaking).

Hasn't @RandallT et al, already done that in their Deep Dive Analysis tool?

I believe Randy is working on a development idea for the "Deep Dive"
I'm not sure if he's using a spreadsheet he has created, he's very creative with them.

GG is a great system which makes logging rounds a breeze and provides a really good analysis of a players game in several key aspects.
GG has two systems, one is capable of monitoring a game in progress using Blue Tooth (the newest product)

A person can review shot data as they play. The other is a data logger which rounds are uploaded via cable connection after rounds on a PC or tablet. Once the round is uploaded, users then can review the round and then edit the round for any changes necessary. Several factors cause the GPS locations to fault (near tall trees in areas) an accidental tag, and movement while tagging. Users generally edit tags on greens for accuracy and setting "Pin Location" The GG does require editing or corrections to entries if a user wants to obtain the best analysis possible.

2 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Users generally edit tags on greens for accuracy and setting "Pin Location" The GG does require editing or corrections to entries if a user wants to obtain the best analysis possible.

that"s the part that I would find annoying. I would rather just add minimum data one time, then have automated results produced. Plus, after a round, I would be hard pressed to remember just where a pin was located and to do something like that on a course on a smart phone would probably slow the round down. (Although, I am sure once I started using GG, it would prove much easier than I imagine).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

51 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

I also have looked at a few members games on the forum, mostly I wanted to look at some with mediocre games (like mine). I was a little confused in that a couple were quite dated, like 2015. Either they stopped using GG or maybe just have not posted any updates.

Our handicaps are similar. So take a look at mine (link is in my profile, or here).  I've got a lot of rounds going back over the 2015 and 2016 seasons, as recent as a week ago.  

Yeah, gotta edit the putts and pin placement, otherwise GIGO. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

@Missouri Swede Thanks, I will definitely do that!

"James"

4 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

where a pin was located

The GG does a decent job of identifying the pin location as it shows the location near the final tag on a hole.
What frequently happens is when a player is golfing with their buddies and lets say you putt from 8ft and barley misses.
A guy then knocks you ball back to you, leaving you with tagging from the location you are standing.
I'll usually walk over to the pin and tag after everyone putts out and make a tag by the hole.

It's not a perfect system, but by far one of the best methods to maintain a record of your rounds, per say keeping notes while you play or entering shots on a device as you play, or any other creative manner.

The other key is it doesn't need to be perfect, a close proximity is really all that is needed to within a reasonable realm to provide data for any system.

@Club Rat  Okay, I can see that now. Thanks

"James"

19 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

@Missouri Swede Thanks, I will definitely do that!

took a look. Lots of similarities there. My mid irons are slightly longer, but you are longer with PW. Your putting is better than mine. Raw scores are about the same. Seems my go to club on the fairway is four wood (real wood). Driver not consistent, ranges from 170 to 210+. I don't use the long irons as much as I used to, opting for 4H more.  Pitches and chips, pretty good most of the time. It is the blow up holes that kill me.

"James"

13 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

took a look. Lots of similarities there. My mid irons are slightly longer, but you are longer with PW. Your putting is better than mine. Raw scores are about the same. Seems my go to club on the fairway is four wood (real wood). Driver not consistent, ranges from 170 to 210+. I don't use the long irons as much as I used to, opting for 4H more.  Pitches and chips, pretty good most of the time. It is the blow up holes that kill me.

yeah, similar.  Findings the reasons for the blowup holes is important.

But now we're skewing off topic. So:

Spoiler

But this is where the system shows one of its benefits:

SG Nov16.jpg

Where I have the best chances for improvement is in my approach shots (long irons, when i break it down in other areas of gamegolf, and in my putting), at least comparing me with my next goal--15 handicap.  So even if I want to keep improving with my driver, that's not where my weakness is.  And even if I think I'm okay with my putter, I'm not.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• iacas changed the title to GAME GOLF Live now on sale! Worldwide!
  • iacas unpinned this topic

I have a few questions about GameGolf if you can indulge me:

Is the unit at $109 on Amazon.com the same as the one everyone talks about here? What's the difference with the black and red unit, listed at $129 on amazon?

Why the big price drop from $199? Another, (perhaps much better?) system coming out soon?

What kind of battery arrangement works for the belt-mounted unit? Rechargeable via USB? An actual battery, e.g. a pair of AAA or AA batteries? How many rounds out of one full USB charge (or set of batteries)?

What percentage of error shots do you experience when reviewing the rounds, e.g. tags that didn't actually take, or counted as two shots instead of one?

Any comments about things you don't like? Are any of those enough to make you stop using the device?

Thank you so much for any feedback you have.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

I picked up the $109 game golf live, that model will show you live on your smart phone your stats as you play. I believe the red and black is the older version and you need to download to a computer to see your round. (Correct me if I'm wrong) the unit charges by a USB cable that's included, now I'm not sure on number of rounds per charge because I just got mine and we have snow on the ground. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

Is the unit at $109 on Amazon.com the same as the one everyone talks about here? What's the difference with the black and red unit, listed at $129 on amazon?

The red one is the same as the grey one except it's the "Live" version with a Bluetooth chip. It does more. It's also, yes, cheaper on Amazon right now than the older, less capable unit.

Why the big price drop from $199? Another, (perhaps much better?) system coming out soon?

Probably not really. As you can see the older GG isn't even that inexpensive.

What kind of battery arrangement works for the belt-mounted unit? Rechargeable via USB? An actual battery, e.g. a pair of AAA or AA batteries? How many rounds out of one full USB charge (or set of batteries)?

USB rechargeable. Gets about 9-10 hours of use.

What percentage of error shots do you experience when reviewing the rounds, e.g. tags that didn't actually take, or counted as two shots instead of one?

Virtually none. It beeps and buzzes.

Any comments about things you don't like? Are any of those enough to make you stop using the device?

We have a long thread on this, with very few complaints. Most of the people who don't seem to like it can't get over tapping before you hit a shot. For most people that's hardly a bother.

39 minutes ago, Kloeshuman said:

I picked up the $109 game golf live, that model will show you live on your smart phone your stats as you play. I believe the red and black is the older version and you need to download to a computer to see your round. (Correct me if I'm wrong) the unit charges by a USB cable that's included, now I'm not sure on number of rounds per charge because I just got mine and we have snow on the ground. 

Both can be plugged into the computer. I still use the LIVE that way, as I don't feel like using my cell phone during the round.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!