IGNORED

GPS Watches… Any Recommendations?

Note: This thread is 1900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Thank you. I am leaning towards the S20 as the only complaint I have for the approach S2 is its failure to maintain charge, When I first got it, I could get nearly three rounds of golf OR three weeks as a simple watch. Now it more like 1 round or 4 days as a watch.

Yeah you will definitely be able to get at least 2 rounds out of it. I make it a habit to always charge the night before playing so I'm never in any risk of running out of battery. 

• Upvote 1

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to GPS Watches… Any Recommendations?

Both my buddy and his Son have identical Garmin watches. I don't know which model, but they both work very well. 

Someone remarked that they discovered how much their yardage estimates were off after getting a watch. What we've discovered is how much some on course yardage markers are off! We've found some that were off by as much as 10-12 yards! 

And Hacker James, it sounds like you have a bad battery that won't hold a charge. It happens. I'd get in touch w/the manufacturer and see if there's anything they can do for you. 

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

And Hacker James, it sounds like you have a bad battery that won't hold a charge. It happens. I'd get in touch w/the manufacturer and see if there's anything they can do for you. 

Naw, too much hassle. Not sure, but I have not seen a lot of Garmin repair facilities around. Should I decide on a holiday gift for myself, I am torn between a GPS and portable launch monitor i.e. Swing Caddie SC200 or Swing speed radar.  Meanwhile, If I remember to charge what I have, the night before, no problems.  "fickleness not with-standing."

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried the Samsung Gear Golf Edition watch?

31162-posts.main_image.jpg

Samsung has announced a special edition of its recently released Galaxy Watch - one that's tailor-made for golfers. The Korean company revealed...

I currently have a Gear S3 watch and enjoy it but thinking of upgrading for Christmas.

Oops...didn't read the whole review before posting.

"And despite the new edition featuring golf smarts that apply globally, it appears, at least initially, it will only go on sale in the company's own territory."

Well, anyone use an app for the S3?

Edited by Joey G

:ping:   Ping G30 - Driver       

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52*, 56*, 60*

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter

• 1 month later...

I would go for a smartwatch or Shotscope.. It just gives you all the info the others give you, and more!

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade RBZ TP  10.5*, 3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 15*, Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 22*, Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5- 53*, Wedges: Cleveland RTX 56* & 60*, Putter: Odyssey Versa #7, Ball: Pearl Golf Pure Pro

Bags: Pearl Golf Liberty Stand Bag & Titleist StaDry Cartbag

I've had the Garmin S20 for a couple of years now. Works fine. Good battery life.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

On 12/3/2018 at 8:07 PM, Joey G said:

Anyone tried the Samsung Gear Golf Edition watch?

31162-posts.main_image.jpg

Samsung has announced a special edition of its recently released Galaxy Watch - one that's tailor-made for golfers. The Korean company revealed...

I currently have a Gear S3 watch and enjoy it but thinking of upgrading for Christmas.

Oops...didn't read the whole review before posting.

"And despite the new edition featuring golf smarts that apply globally, it appears, at least initially, it will only go on sale in the company's own territory."

Well, anyone use an app for the S3?

I have an S2.   When it dies, I won't replace it.   It works as a watch well but for active activities it fails.  If I wear it at the driving range, it will show an active workout and won't stop until the battery goes dead even though I stop.   The golf apps that are available for the S2 don't have good reviews.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

8 hours ago, mrjohnsmitt said:

I currently use an Apple Watch and an app called Fun Golf GPS, works well for me.
I previously used a Garmin S2 Approach which worked fine but the information is less detailed.

Couldn't agree with you more..

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade RBZ TP  10.5*, 3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 15*, Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 22*, Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5- 53*, Wedges: Cleveland RTX 56* & 60*, Putter: Odyssey Versa #7, Ball: Pearl Golf Pure Pro

Bags: Pearl Golf Liberty Stand Bag & Titleist StaDry Cartbag

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I have an S2.   When it dies, I won't replace it.   It works as a watch well but for active activities it fails.  If I wear it at the driving range, it will show an active workout and won't stop until the battery goes dead even though I stop.   The golf apps that are available for the S2 don't have good reviews.  

My S2 works okay, but battery does not maintain a charge very well. I need to plug it in every three or four days. It does permit complete rounds however. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:44 PM, dennyjones said:

GG is Game Golf.    Do a search here and you'll find many threads about these tags that attach to your clubs.  

Garmin makes very good gps watches if that is your preference.   

I'm still using my Garmin S1.

IMO don't buy a Refurbished watch, buy new. I made the mistake and bought a Garmin S20 Refurbed and now the OK button doesn't work. I'm back using my reliable S1.

Note: This thread is 1900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!