IGNORED

Tour Tempo system

hiwattage
Note: This thread is 2674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used it years ago for 1 full season just for driving.  I would bring an MP3 player with me to the course and wear earphones to listen to the beats.  It worked very well.  I only concentrated on the beats, no other swing thoughts.  Most drives were long and right down the middle of the fairway.  I don't think the tempo it teaches is perfect, I hit my irons better without it and over time I modified my tempo for driving and got even better results.  But for me it worked very well, I was happy with the product and results.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

On 11/17/2016 at 9:53 PM, hiwattage said:

Does anybody or has anybody read tour tempo ? Just read , think I am going to give it a try . Has anyone used or uses this system and what do you think of it ?

I tried it several years ago. It's ok but not game changing IMO.  I also found it distracting but I'm not the type that wears headphones when exercising. If you are, it may work for you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I seem to recall reading somewhere of using a real "metronome" where you can adjust the tempo and tailor it to your individual swing speed?  Granted it would look a bit silly on the driving range, but if it helps, who cares?

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Like most things golf, I believe you need consistency in its use. The 3:1 ratio is long game, short game is 2:1 - seems to work, but ideally, you'd want a monitor to assist.

I think it is a fine tuning technique after you "have a swing"

I'm still working on that...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

There are also a lot of exceptions, particularly on the LPGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I recently tried the old fashioned "play the waltz in your head" method, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3... (backswing on 1-3, downswing on 1). It was working pretty well. Really helped relax my swing.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

Note: This thread is 2674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!