IGNORED

Tittle X - Affordable Golf Simulator/Trainer

iacas
Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

UPS says by end of day!

Pretty excited. Hasen't been a lot of feedback on here, so I really don't know what to expect. I might have to set up a mat and hit some indoor chip shots with it    

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

UPS says by end of day!

Pretty excited. Hasen't been a lot of feedback on here, so I really don't know what to expect. I might have to set up a mat and hit some indoor chip shots with it    

It's like Christmas in March! Have fun with it. I'm looking forward to your comments. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

UPS says by end of day!

I'm pretty lazy, haven't got mine setup with the E6 software yet.  Maybe others will work out the bugs before I set mine up.

Just now, No Mulligans said:

I'm pretty lazy, haven't got mine setup with the E6 software yet.  Maybe others will work out the bugs before I set mine up.

Lol, my e6 software has been set-up for weeks! I just haven't had anything to connect to it with...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Some growing pains getting everything to sync up, but it's working now. Initial thoughts: as long as I'm using a swing stick rather than a club, it's just a high end wii. Looking forward to trying it with an actual club, but that'll have to wait until the snow melts. Although I may set up a mat to try some chipping to at least add the ball contact to the equation, but early results suggest that the unit doesn't like partial swings, so we shall see. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Got everything up and running last night. It's a little frustrating getting everything to connect and communicate but it finally happened. 

Hard to evaluate it when using a swing stick (or chopped down 6i in my case) as that is pretty non-representative of an actual golf swing. Graphics are pretty good and I have more than 5 courses. I didn't count them, but there were quite a few. 

Was hoping that this would be a good tool to add to the mix when hitting wiffle balls or using a net.  But my expectations are pretty low now.  Last night I was getting readings of an inside out path and slightly closed clubface but the resulting ball fllight was a push...so...it doesn't seem to use any ball flight laws that I am familiar with...

it would be nice if the company set up a forum or tech help line. As it is, the forum is essentially just the comment ( or should I say complaint) section on kickstarter.  

Anyway, I had a bit of fun with it and will continue to mess around with it, but I think it's a pretty big stretch to call this a simulator. 

The putting is awful and the short game finesse shots are a pain too, so in the regard it is like a sim!

• Upvote 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.

On 3/25/2017 at 11:43 PM, roamin said:

The device and app worked great and seemed to be reporting accurate yardages and then just all of the sudden it wouldn't turn on anymore. I tried it on several different clubs/cradles, tried tapping it multiple times (it used to show the time after 5 taps). Nothing.

Quick update: I had trouble getting an email to support, had use a different email account for some reason (thanks to @Ulike-Creative for the heads-up that my original email wasn't received :beer:). Heard back today and they're sending a replacement device. I still don't have a key for the e6 software but asked about that in my reply, so hopefully soon. 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

• Administrator

I got a note that their website launched: http://www.tittlegolf.com .

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

I got a note that their website launched: http://www.tittlegolf.com .

I just noticed this myself and came here to post. Interesting stuff on the update page: https://www.tittlegolf.com/board/update.do

Sounds like they're committed to improving the accuracy, but one of the app screenshots showing information about "club release rate" kind of scared me.

EDIT: Reading further it looks like the content may be old... like pre-kickstarter, old. So, we'll see.

EDIT EDIT: Or maybe that's just the second page. Sorry, it's late. I'll go to bed now. :8)

Edited by roamin

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

They'll need to do something with accuracy. Mine shows every swing 15 degrees in to out. I stopped playing with it for fear of developing a swing flaw without a ball to hit. Had same reading with swing stick and driver.

Got to play some real golf this weekend and didn't hit any push/fades as the tittle was telling me. It was consistent, but consistently wrong.  Around the greens? Impossible. I've never hit a 1/2 swing PW 177yds!

Hope an update can deal with these problems.

• 2 weeks later...

did anyone ever get an answer about how many computers you can install this on or how to authorized and switch computers?

WITB: Titleist 975D, Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 5i,7i,9i, Mizuno Black Ox Raw 56* SW, Ping Anser 3 lives in a TourTrek Sunday Carry Bag

3 hours ago, hack2scratch said:

did anyone ever get an answer about how many computers you can install this on or how to authorized and switch computers?

Hi,

the authorization code is valid for only one computer - and if you want to move the authorization to another computer, you need to contact Trugolf to do this. Because of this, have heard that we're offering 2 codes per device so you can install on one more computer.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting for it even though the shipping label was created in March. And I lowered my expectations by a lot so I might just list it straight on ebay. 

• 3 weeks later...

Received my replacement tittleX device today. Spent about 5 minutes hitting plastic balls and fighting off mosquitoes. Distances are off by ~20 yards on full swings. I took a few slower swings and really exaggerated draw and fade swings and it was easy to pick them out when looking at the data afterwards, so I assume the rest of the numbers were relatively correct, to some degree maybe (?). No clue just how accurate, though. I noticed there are a couple calibration-type settings (sensitivity and something else), so I'll have to play with those tomorrow.

Jake

• 1 month later...

Anybody get this thing to work decently? Haven't touched it in the last couple months, but I might break it out tonight. I noticed they did an update to where you can use Tittle directly on your laptop with e6 so you don't have to go through both phone and laptop. Since my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth, I will have to get a dongle... but those seem to be very cheap.

My previous experience with it: e6 is awesome, great graphics. Using Tittle itself, I had major connectivity issues, could only do a couple swings without being disconnected (if it ever connected at all) and was totally inaccurate, however I had only used the swing stick. Distance was much shorter than in real life, and I usually hit draws (and hooks) in real life and this thing said I had an inside-out path but hit fades. Short game and putting was terrible but I don't really care about that. Would like to try it again with a club and actually hit balls.

3 hours ago, dakatkinson said:

Anybody get this thing to work decently? Haven't touched it in the last couple months, but I might break it out tonight. I noticed they did an update to where you can use Tittle directly on your laptop with e6 so you don't have to go through both phone and laptop. Since my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth, I will have to get a dongle... but those seem to be very cheap.

My previous experience with it: e6 is awesome, great graphics. Using Tittle itself, I had major connectivity issues, could only do a couple swings without being disconnected (if it ever connected at all) and was totally inaccurate, however I had only used the swing stick. Distance was much shorter than in real life, and I usually hit draws (and hooks) in real life and this thing said I had an inside-out path but hit fades. Short game and putting was terrible but I don't really care about that. Would like to try it again with a club and actually hit balls.

Hi Dakatkinson,

I'm sure this isn't something you'll want to hear, but we recommend that you don't hit real balls with the Tittle device on your club - the screen will most likely malfunction from the impacts. The cradle pack that we offered was really meant for people who want to play the simulator with their real clubs -but not for hitting real balls. Sorry about that.

regarding the connect/disconnect issue - we've found that this would happen when one would play while the E6 software was downloading in the background (it's over 8GB). When it finally downloaded and updated, connection issues were less of a problem.

thanks

4 hours ago, dakatkinson said:

Huge disappointment. The numbers on the screen and the resultant ball flight defy physics. No idea if it's getting the numbers right, but clearly, the designers don't understand ballflight physics. Total waste of money. 

18 minutes ago, Ulike-Creative said:

Hi Dakatkinson,

I'm sure this isn't something you'll want to hear, but we recommend that you don't hit real balls with the Tittle device on your club - the screen will most likely malfunction from the impacts. The cradle pack that we offered was really meant for people who want to play the simulator with their real clubs -but not for hitting real balls. Sorry about that.

regarding the connect/disconnect issue - we've found that this would happen when one would play while the E6 software was downloading in the background (it's over 8GB). When it finally downloaded and updated, connection issues were less of a problem.

thanks

Yeah, well thanks for telling me different when you were selling it. You misrepresented the functionality of the product. You should be offering full refunds to those of us who fell for the hype. 

Edited by Ernest Jones
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 1 year later...

Hi.   This is my first time posting on this site, and this may be dated, but I've had my Tittle X for nearly a year now and I've done extensive testing and gameplay with it.   Fundamentally this is a fantastic device and it does seem to record nearly all of the measurable parameters needed to model the physics of a ball strike.  I have this setup on my homebrew garage simulator and I've experimented heavily with real ball impacts.   You can google for 'TittleX with real balls" if you would like to see it in action.   

The title had a number of issue in their software drivers and firmware initially that would lock into a hook.  Someone mentioned a 15 degree outside in hook.  That has all been solved with the latest updates.  So if you do get one of these devices, make sure you do the upgrades to the firmware and PC driver software.  

Tittle will take the impact from real clubs using real ball strikes.  The flight is physics is calculated pretty well but there are some caveats.   First, the Tittle 'Cradle' (or clips) will break under real ball impacts. I've designed a very simple home-made cradle for the Title that works very well and is easy, quick and cheap to make.   

The other caveat is ball flight physics.  The tittle software does not include a parameter for ball mass in the swing, so, on impacts, when the club velocity drops off the software records it as a slower swing, and the ball flight distance will be reflected in that.   So with real balls, the flight is usually 20-30% short of a normal carry distance.   E6 has a parameter called BOOST that can be used to adjust this 17-18% seems optimal for drivers. Tapper that down as you move down the irons to 0% for the putter.  Plastic and foam balls need no adjustments.

Personally, I like TittleX over R-motion, even though the physics is modeled better with the R-motion.   Tittle has better electronic hardware and the game software is better.   There is a lot of room for improvement with Tittle and it's hard finding any support or way to provide ideas to the company.  I really hope that in the next installment of their software, an option for ball  type is included (to adjust ball mass), as well as a table for club-lengths.

Happy Titling. 

Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!