IGNORED

Tittle X - Affordable Golf Simulator/Trainer

iacas
Note: This thread is 1213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Still waiting on the hardware. I got the swing stick too, but I'm guessing that will be a better version of the wii at best. I am hopeful that if you use it in conjunction with a real club and ball (real or wiffle/foam) it might have some real value. @iacas, did you get yours yet?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Slowcelica @No Mulligans I have the e6 software all downloaded an updated. The manual says to not run the program without the dongle inserted into one of your usb ports. Did you guys get a dongle in your package?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

38 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

@Slowcelica @No Mulligans I have the e6 software all downloaded an updated. The manual says to not run the program without the dongle inserted into one of your usb ports. Did you guys get a dongle in your package?

No dongle in the package for me.  I've been busy and haven't got a chance to try to set this up.

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

I haven't been able to try mine yet either, about as far as I've gotten is installing the app and software. I'll look in my hardware tonight to see if I have a dongle, but I don't think I do either.

I experimented with the swing stick and Tittle swing analysis app (not the Tittle X app that needs the E6 software, I have yet to set that up).  The swing speed looks pretty consistent with my swing data from high end launch monitors except it always showed me hitting a fade/slice no matter what I did and my distances were a bit short (probably due to the fade/slice misreads).  Note, it was reported earlier in this thread by @hack2scratch that he was always getting draws. weird.  The image below is the data from the app.

I also was getting some shoulder pain from the swing stick.  Not sure if it's the weight or the clicking mechanism... Not wanting another shoulder injury, I've cut off a club and am going to try that for indoor use (image below).

20170315_114040.jpg

Screenshot_2017-03-15-11-43-31.png

On 3/10/2017 at 6:11 PM, hack2scratch said:

Anyone tested this out yet? I tried for a few days and every shot is a draw (which i naturally fade and slice). My 7 iron goes 200 yards.

I was using the simulator stick.

I messed with mine some today trying to get it setup with the e6 software and I could not get it to connect to my pc. Anyone else have trouble?

Also my app said I needed to update the firmware, but it wouldn't update the tittle.

Finally messed around in the app a little, and there is are setting where you can set the swing difficulty have anyone tried doing this yet for people not seeing realistic swings?

15 minutes ago, Ulike-Creative said:

Hi,

the 5 courses are free. There are no fees, unless you'd eventually like to subscribe to E6 and get other courses.

For the tittle x setup, there's no USB dongle required.

here's the link to the setup manual

https://e6golf.com/downloads/Tittle_X_Manual_En_070302.pdf

Thanks for the info. The manual very clearly expresses a need for the dongle (with a picture of it and everything), hence my confusion. 

Glad you joined. I hope you monitor this thread as I am sure there will be tech questions as we all start getting started and there doesn't seem to be much support through the regular channels. I haven't received the hardware yet, but am looking forward to it. 

You should check out the rest of the site, if you love golf this is the place to be. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

hi slowcelica.

can you go to the "other" tab, then click on "e6 info"?

then click update. it should show the download in progress - it's going to be slow - believe its updating courses - either the one intial course or if you've been verified - 5 courses - it's at least over a gig.

just wait for it to complete. 

when it's done, you may or may not have to restart e6, cant remember. either way, go back to "e6 info" and click "update" again. I think it should then apply the update (will also take a while). Basically, keep clicking update until it says "your software is up to date".

so try this and let me know if it helps.

On 3/15/2017 at 11:59 AM, No Mulligans said:

Screenshot_2017-03-15-11-43-31.png

I previously posted this and said the distances looked a little short for me.  Now I believe that the app is reporting carry distances and they look about right, maybe a little bit long for me.

17 hours ago, Ulike-Creative said:

hi slowcelica.

can you go to the "other" tab, then click on "e6 info"?

then click update. it should show the download in progress - it's going to be slow - believe its updating courses - either the one intial course or if you've been verified - 5 courses - it's at least over a gig.

just wait for it to complete. 

when it's done, you may or may not have to restart e6, cant remember. either way, go back to "e6 info" and click "update" again. I think it should then apply the update (will also take a while). Basically, keep clicking update until it says "your software is up to date".

so try this and let me know if it helps.

Thanks for the reply, I can see in the other tab and more info where it is downloading the update. After it completes I'll try again.

Received my pre-order today! Woo-Hoo!! :content: Of course, we had plans this evening. :angry:

I did just download the apps and mess around with the "indoor" stick a bit. I was able to get it connected to all of the tittle apps I found as well as the e6 software*. Everything seems to work fine, connection-wise.

One thing I did find, sometimes the app would say the device wasn't connected, but the device and my bluetooth settings said it was. When this happens I have to "Forget the Device" in my bluetooth settings and restart the app and then it will ask to pair again. Inconvenient, but no biggie.

(*Note: I'm actually using the demo version of e6 at the moment. I downloaded it about a week ago to test on different PCs and decide which one gets the licensed version. Works great!)

Edited by roamin

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

UPDATE:

I received my Tittle device on Friday and after charging it up, I was able to get it connected to the IPhone app no problem and was also able to use it with a demo version of e6 (I haven't received my key for the free 5 courses yet, so I just have the regular e6 demo). Everything worked great using the included swing-sticks the first day.

I charged it again and took it to the driving range the following day to test with real clubs and balls. I hit about 10 shots with my 7-iron, and another 10 with my 4-iron. The device and app worked great and seemed to be reporting accurate yardages and then just all of the sudden it wouldn't turn on anymore. I tried it on several different clubs/cradles, tried tapping it multiple times (it used to show the time after 5 taps). Nothing.

I assumed the battery just died a bit early since it was only the second charge. I plugged it in to charge when I got home but the screen never lit up or showed the charging icon. After about a minute I picked it up and the entire device was warm and heating up. It never got warm yesterday when charging. I unplugged immediately and it cooled down.

I'm assuming there's a short in there somewhere. I can't remember exactly when it stopped working and whether it was immediately after a shot or not. I emailed the company about a replacement...really hoping there's an extra one lying around the warehouse. I loved it for the short time I was able to use it. :~(

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

9 hours ago, roamin said:

UPDATE:

I received my Tittle device on Friday and after charging it up, I was able to get it connected to the IPhone app no problem and was also able to use it with a demo version of e6 (I haven't received my key for the free 5 courses yet, so I just have the regular e6 demo). Everything worked great using the included swing-sticks the first day.

I charged it again and took it to the driving range the following day to test with real clubs and balls. I hit about 10 shots with my 7-iron, and another 10 with my 4-iron. The device and app worked great and seemed to be reporting accurate yardages and then just all of the sudden it wouldn't turn on anymore. I tried it on several different clubs/cradles, tried tapping it multiple times (it used to show the time after 5 taps). Nothing.

I assumed the battery just died a bit early since it was only the second charge. I plugged it in to charge when I got home but the screen never lit up or showed the charging icon. After about a minute I picked it up and the entire device was warm and heating up. It never got warm yesterday when charging. I unplugged immediately and it cooled down.

I'm assuming there's a short in there somewhere. I can't remember exactly when it stopped working and whether it was immediately after a shot or not. I emailed the company about a replacement...really hoping there's an extra one lying around the warehouse. I loved it for the short time I was able to use it. :~(

You may be waiting quite some time before getting an action on the company's behalf. They are currently being swamped with customer service issues ranging from failure to deliver, overcharged customs and technical issues. From what I have seen, the company doesn't have the infrastructure to deal with this level of volume and many are being left in the dark, questions/complaints unanswered.

I haven't even received my unit yet and I was an early backer. I'm staying out of the flame wars erupting on the kickstarter page because I figure it does no good. Either I receive the unit or I don't pay. Time will tell. 

Keep us posted as to how your issue is resolved (or not).

Edited by Ernest Jones

Yours in earnest, Jason.

11 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

You may be waiting quite some time before getting an action on the company's behalf. They are currently being swamped with customer service issues ranging from failure to deliver, overcharged customs and technical issues. From what I have seen, the company doesn't have the infrastructure to deal with this level of volume and many are being left in the dark, questions/complaints unanswered.

I haven't even received my unit yet and I was an early backer. I'm staying out of the flame wars erupting on the kickstarter page because I figure it does no good. Either I receive the unit or I don't pay. Time will tell. 

Keep us posted as to how your issue is resolved (or not).

Yeah, I'm worried I'm going to have to open it up myself and be praying it's just a short-circuit that I can fix myself. I don't want a refund. :-(

If I do happen to get it replaced or fixed, I certainly won't be hitting real balls with it again (which sucks, 'cause it seemed to be fairly accurate and I've got the projector ready to go to set up a "simulator bay" if I ever get my garage clean).

Jake

I received mine as well.  Have been playing with it and seems to function well.  Except every  shot is a push or push/ fade. It could be telling the truth but I wont know until the weather improves. Has anyone received the authorization email? How long after hardware?

Note: This thread is 1213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!