IGNORED

My Swing (Rayrobinson)

Rayrobinson
Note: This thread is 2674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Im 42 now , started playing golf at 16 , first handicap was 14 , broke par by the time I was 18 and was off scratch at 22 - 26. Turned pro for a year and didn't make many cuts . Stopped playing for about 10 years and just got back into it 2 years ago. Just got my handicap back last year with 3 rounds on a par 72 , 7000 yard course of 65 , 71 , 77. But really struggled and have gone up to one and will probably go up to two if I don't get things right.
My current handicap index or average score is: 1, average between 5 under to 15 over its so in consistent.
My typical ball flight is: used to hit a low fade and that's how I really scored well , now its a high draw and with the wind in the UK it can go anywhere.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: got to be honest , when I hit low punch shots I can hit a shank, or shanking chip shots around the green . Its embarrassing.

Videos: 

Welcome, Ray!

Thanks for jumping through the hoops of posting on YouTube. 

Come join in discussions elsewhere on TST. Very cool that you played pro for a bit.  I'm sure folks will start to trickle over here and give you their thoughts. If you don't get responses right away, just give it time, and use it as your own journal for what you're working on. Over time, you'll likely gain a following. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Rayrobinson said:

when I hit low punch shots

The O'l Stinger
Hey welcome to TST, you've already fulfilled what most of us dream about ...:-)
On that low punch shot, don't take the club up to high in your back swing. It will cause the arc/club path to enter too steep.
A punch is a quick thrust and can be played by stronger players.

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Ray, that is a very nice and well put together swing!...

I am a still high handicapper..BUT..I do the same things with punch shots. I was told that leaning the shaft too far forward trying to trap the ball on punch shots can cause a shank. Since I worked on that I stopped shanking..now I only top them...:dance:

• Upvote 1

Hi @Rayrobinson, nice swing! One thing I'd recommend is keeping the width in your right arm as you get to the top of the backswing. The right arm overflexes a little and pulls behind you early on the downswing. So I'd recommend feeling a little wider to the top and staying wide coming down. Make sure the arms don't pull apart early in the downswing. Make a bunch of slow rehearsal swings and film them.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.12.19 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks guys , a teacher who has helped me a lot is a man called Wayne defransesco. He has a YouTube channel and before you say anything it's free, but his knowledge is really good.

my main issue is an early extension which I am currrently working on getting rid of.

ill keep you posted?

7 hours ago, Rayrobinson said:

Thanks guys , a teacher who has helped me a lot is a man called Wayne defransesco. He has a YouTube channel and before you say anything it's free, but his knowledge is really good.

my main issue is an early extension which I am currrently working on getting rid of.

ill keep you posted?

Welcome Ray. Nice swing. No there comments other than I wish I had yours! 

Consider changing your avatar too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 12/16/2016 at 10:29 PM, Rayrobinson said:

ill keep you posted?

You're working with Wayne online or just through watching his videos?

You'll save a lot of time if you get opinions from an expert and prioritize. Otherwise you're just guessing and will end up working on the effect and not the cause.

These guys are great and inexpensive.

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

What I recommended is tied into WHY you early extend and shank shots FYI

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

77 - 72 - 68. Its amazing how well you can play with a bit of sun on your back.

77 - first day was just a bit difficult to get used to how far the ball flew. Example I had 155 uphill into the 1st, now in the UK I would be hitting a 7 iron at this time of year. So I hit 7 iron and it carried the green. So I had to adjust a little by the end of the 3 days I was 4 Iron was carrying 200 - 205. Driver was getting out to 285 :) with little run.

72 - Just a really solid round but the greens we so much quicker than at home, therefore I just protected the round and played a bit defensively.

68 - 4 under - really happy day and so much fun. This included a triple :).

11 minutes ago, Rayrobinson said:

68 - 4 under

That had to feel good ....  ;-)

Ps. nice avi - not sure what's funnier ( Faldo or the guys shorts?)

Rays Avi.jpg

10 minutes ago, Rayrobinson said:

Do you know who the guy in the shorts is ?? :)

No, but I'm sure you will enlighten me ....  :whistle:

Also, can you explain just what in the hell Faldo's doing?

Is he performing a "Colin O’Scopy" ?   :-O

4 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

No, but I'm sure you will enlighten me ....  :whistle:

Also, can you explain just what in the hell Faldo's doing?

Is he performing a "Colin O’Scopy" ?   :-O

Its Seve in about 92 - 95. They were great friends.

Seve always used have a lot of movement in the legs which back in the 80's was pretty good, it also worked well for Nicklaus who didn't do too bad :), but Faldo always wanted to move away from this and had a quieter lower body when he was in his prime so I think this is the message in the picture.

But great golfers and my favorite 80's / early 90's players.

1 minute ago, Rayrobinson said:

Its Seve in about 92 - 95

Wow, I just watched the movie "Seve" last week.
He was a favorite of mine years ago.

Hey, all joking aside, great round.
Throw the first round away and you had a couple of good days.

Note: This thread is 2674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!