IGNORED

Bogey Golfers Only (Index 16-22) / Breaking 90 Topic

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, lee34 said:

I'm going back for a lesson in a few days time. The only positive I can take is that things can't get any worse. I mean if I took someone to play that had never hit a golf ball before they would have probably beaten me today.

I seem to struggle with coming over the top of the ball and slicing. I cannot seem to stop this no matter how much I try.

Anyway lessons and practice are the order of the day. And to think I had high hopes of breaking 90 today lol.

Take the Forrest Gump approach...."shit happens"...

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, lee34 said:

I'm going back for a lesson in a few days time.

Does the lesson include video analysis of your swing?  The lessons I took kept my video swing analysis on line.  The instructor went over the video in slow-mo.  I found it very helpful.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I went from shooting mid/low 90s to mid 80s with one key thought: let gravity, not effort, drop the club from the top. Mind you, this wasn't with a very good swing. And, this was after playing about 20 years (taking the game up way late in life).

• Upvote 2

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

3 minutes ago, HitAndGiggle said:

I went from shooting mid/low 90s to mid 80s with one key thought: let gravity, not effort, drop the club from the top. 

I like this. 

On 12/19/2016 at 1:56 PM, HitAndGiggle said:

I went from shooting mid/low 90s to mid 80s with one key thought: let gravity, not effort, drop the club from the top. Mind you, this wasn't with a very good swing. And, this was after playing about 20 years (taking the game up way late in life).

Thats a great heads up !! Thanks a lot

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Christmas Day, Yep Im Playin !!!   Im doing the "Walk It Round " on Christmas Day this year. Its gonna be fun. Im wondering if anyone else has done this before. Its my first time on Christmas Day. I wonder if I will be there alone or if a bunch of us are going to be there, haha. My buddies have little ones and cant go but im good, mine is grown and doing his own thing. Free round of golf with no traffic and no stress at all. It just doesnt get better. Hopefully I can take my time and play two balls. The course may just be mine for one day, cant wait !!! With no cart , I better keep it in the short grass, it may be a better way to do it anyway. Hit Em Good Yall !!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

I had a bad day yesterday, guys.  My partner and I played our second round match and should have walked away with it, but... I just played like garbage.  

Things were okay to start as I made a par and a bogey to open.  After a decent drive on the 3rd hole, I duffed a 3 wood that I never should have tried to hit and ultimately carded a bogey due to poor putting.  A bogey on the 4th was followed by a double on the 5th after being just in front of the green in regulation.  I hit a poor tee shot on the 6th and couldn't get up & down from short of the green.  On the 7th, I imploded.  It ultimately led to me on a steep slope next to a bunker and shortly after my 4 iron made contact with the ball... my body made contact with the ground and I tweaked my wrist.  I finished the front with triple - double - bogey for a disgusting 48.  

The back was slightly better, but not much.  A double on the 10th was the result of plopping another ball into the water in front of the green on that hole (I think I've dropped about 5 balls in there already).  I went on a bogey run from 11 through 14.  I finally made a par on the 15th after missing a birdie putt from 13 feet.  Ugly bogey on 16 after a perfect tee shot.  Another 13 foot birdie attempt that burned the lip on the 17th led to a par and then I closed out with an up & down par opportunity from 6 feet on the 18th hole but I left that short.  

We had to go to extra holes to decide the match where one of our opponents nailed a birdie putt from long distance to win the match for them.  

48 - 44 = 92

I'm going to be putting together a spreadsheet for a practice schedule and each time I get out to the course for practice (hopefully 3 times a week plus at least 1 round per week), I'll check one of those things off the list and rotate them so I can work on the parts of my game that are holding me back.  These scores are getting disheartening.  I know I'm capable of scoring in the 80's every round but I seem to have a handful of holes each round where my hands aren't doing what my brain is telling them to do... and another handful here and there where I do something completely stupid and unnecessary. 

Gotta get it all figured out.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

On 12/21/2016 at 6:52 PM, Strat-Pack Rick said:

Christmas Day, Yep Im Playin !!!   Im doing the "Walk It Round " on Christmas Day this year. Its gonna be fun. Im wondering if anyone else has done this before. Its my first time on Christmas Day. I wonder if I will be there alone or if a bunch of us are going to be there, haha. My buddies have little ones and cant go but im good, mine is grown and doing his own thing. Free round of golf with no traffic and no stress at all. It just doesnt get better. Hopefully I can take my time and play two balls. The course may just be mine for one day, cant wait !!! With no cart , I better keep it in the short grass, it may be a better way to do it anyway. Hit Em Good Yall !!

I'm wondering if I'll be able to get out on X-mas. City of Dayton's web site shows on-line tee times, so maybe they will have the courses open. Hard to tell with that lot.

We're supposed to be in the 50s with a bit of rain. That will be the best golf weather we've seen in three-plus weeks.

On 12/21/2016 at 3:52 PM, Strat-Pack Rick said:

Christmas Day, Yep Im Playin !!!   Im doing the "Walk It Round " on Christmas Day this year. Its gonna be fun. Im wondering if anyone else has done this before. 

Man, does that sound nice after all the stress (at least for me) this holiday season.

I'm planning to walk 18 a couple times next week if the weather allows. Try to slough off some of those cookies that stuck to my belly last few weeks. I haven't played in almost two months, I'm sure my short game is super rusty. Should be a real sh* show :)

Edited by Kalnoky

2 hours ago, Kalnoky said:

Man, does that sound nice after all the stress (at least for me) this holiday season.

I'm planning to walk 18 a couple times next week if the weather allows. Try to slough off some of those cookies that stuck to my belly last few weeks. I haven't played in almost two months, I'm sure my short game is super rusty. Should be a real sh* show :)

Have a good time !! Hit Em Good...   Short backswing and accelerate through the ball !!!  HAHAHA    Good Luck bud !!!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Shot a FAT 90 today !!!  I couldnt get off the first tee and had a few penalties on the front nine. 47 out, dang it.43 in dang it. Not so good, I dont know. I will get em tomorrow.

I did work on a grip issue after the round and found something that should help tomorrow. Ive had a small re-grip at the top with my longer irons for some reason. I set my grip where my re-grip was from the very beginning and bingo ! I was bangin my 4-5-6 iron better than ever. I dont know when that re-grip issue started but it was killing me. Subtle changes are HUGE im learning. I thought my grip was fine but I think its something you have to babysit forever. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to making shots instead of the hit and hope that was going on today. Hit Em Good Yall and Merry Christmas !!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Happy holidays to all the bogey golfers out there!

What's working these days: chipping, putting

What's improving: green side bunker shots

What's getting worse: pitching

What's not working: balls striking (it comes and goes), distance

I am going to end the year with 15.9 HI, 0.1 below my 2016 goal. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

7 hours ago, Fairway_CY said:

I had a bad day yesterday, guys.  My partner and I played our second round match and should have walked away with it, but... I just played like garbage.  

Things were okay to start as I made a par and a bogey to open.  After a decent drive on the 3rd hole, I duffed a 3 wood that I never should have tried to hit and ultimately carded a bogey due to poor putting.  A bogey on the 4th was followed by a double on the 5th after being just in front of the green in regulation.  I hit a poor tee shot on the 6th and couldn't get up & down from short of the green.  On the 7th, I imploded.  It ultimately led to me on a steep slope next to a bunker and shortly after my 4 iron made contact with the ball... my body made contact with the ground and I tweaked my wrist.  I finished the front with triple - double - bogey for a disgusting 48.  

The back was slightly better, but not much.  A double on the 10th was the result of plopping another ball into the water in front of the green on that hole (I think I've dropped about 5 balls in there already).  I went on a bogey run from 11 through 14.  I finally made a par on the 15th after missing a birdie putt from 13 feet.  Ugly bogey on 16 after a perfect tee shot.  Another 13 foot birdie attempt that burned the lip on the 17th led to a par and then I closed out with an up & down par opportunity from 6 feet on the 18th hole but I left that short.  

We had to go to extra holes to decide the match where one of our opponents nailed a birdie putt from long distance to win the match for them.  

48 - 44 = 92

I'm going to be putting together a spreadsheet for a practice schedule and each time I get out to the course for practice (hopefully 3 times a week plus at least 1 round per week), I'll check one of those things off the list and rotate them so I can work on the parts of my game that are holding me back.  These scores are getting disheartening.  I know I'm capable of scoring in the 80's every round but I seem to have a handful of holes each round where my hands aren't doing what my brain is telling them to do... and another handful here and there where I do something completely stupid and unnecessary. 

Gotta get it all figured out.

CY

@Fairway_CY Sorry about you day man. It must be in the air, I had a similar round today myself. Trying to hard and making bad decisions. Tomorrow will be better, Bet On It !!

7 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

I'm wondering if I'll be able to get out on X-mas. City of Dayton's web site shows on-line tee times, so maybe they will have the courses open. Hard to tell with that lot.

We're supposed to be in the 50s with a bit of rain. That will be the best golf weather we've seen in three-plus weeks.

I hope you can ! Perfect gift to yourself, haha. Hit Em Good !!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

22 hours ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

I hope you can ! Perfect gift to yourself, haha. Hit Em Good !!

Turns out that they really are closed on Christmas (hope nobody plunks out for a tee time online), but I did get out today and had a pretty pleasant time. Cloudy but solidly over 40 degrees and not much wind. Very few out so it was no waiting and I managed a birdie and a handful of pars. 

Hey YAll,  Im relatively new to this forum and apparently Ive missed some crazy stuff in the past, haha. I was reading through posts on improvement drills and stuff like that, like I always do. I came across this guy that was looking for financial backing for the Senior Tour !!!  Not to pick a scab, (he is banned now ) but ive never laughed so much in my life. This dude was off the chain ridiculous. Im way off our normal topic here and im sorry but I couldnt help but tell you about it. Read that for yourself, Its almost unbelievable. This guy might just be crazy or something. Back me or sack me is the name of the thread. Too funny, unreal.

Played again today and shot 89.... 1 better than yesterday. I was in a large group and struggled to find any rhythm. (excuse). Im doing the walk tomorrow and Im really excited about that !!!  Merry Christmas TST and thanks for everything you do for me !!

P.S.  READ WHAT THAT CRAZY DUDE WAS SAYING, HAHAHA  !!

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Turns out that they really are closed on Christmas (hope nobody plunks out for a tee time online), but I did get out today and had a pretty pleasant time. Cloudy but solidly over 40 degrees and not much wind. Very few out so it was no waiting and I managed a birdie and a handful of pars. 

Man, thats just a bummer bud !!  Merry Christmas !!!  (go anyway )

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Walked 18 today for the first time ever. Course was closed for Christmas but its tradition to play if you walk,no trouble. I must say walking gives you time to think about what you are doing and I shot pretty decent today (89). I have a lot of respect for the pros and caddies that walk every single round. Im so tired but it was worth it. Merry Christmas , Nap time for me, geeze

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Had the second best round of my life today !! No lucky bounces, no hole outs, no crazy smoke and mirror scores at all. Just a solid 84 with 34 putts. Only had one 3-putt today. I changed my driver from 11.5 to 9.5 and I have never driven the ball so well. I gained 20 yds easy and the roll out is just awesome. Ive been struggling with the driver just going high and dropping like a rock. That adjustment has just changed everything. I hit one today that rolled out 280yds. It was down hill after the first 200yds but still. I hit it good and it set the tone for the day. I made great contact all day and my nGIR was just awesome. Heck , I had quite a few GIR's too. Short chips let me down today, I just was leaving putts way to long. Im gonna clean that up a bit and 79 is mine. Im so confident right now. The 5 min daily thread has put me in a mindset that im just enjoying to the hilt. I love this game, especially when Im scoring. Hell of a day. 84 without any lucky saviors , I just love it. Hit Em Good Yall !!!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Congratulations! I went out today and had a typical bogey round with no pars and a couple of doubles but it was a day off so I was relaxed. Ended with an off the green birdie putt for the 9th hole for 45 but today there were several putts that were one inch short so it wasn't that bad of a day.

Then was going home but my car mysteriously turned into another course and I played 9 and shot a 42. So 87 in all so I am happy. 

Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!