IGNORED

TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017

GolfLug
Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Would you settle for a video of you attempting the Flop Shot Challenge? (flying sunglasses and all)

Read more  

Oh cool!! Thank you!! And yes, in case if anybody is wondering it was an 'attempt' i.e. the ball met the same fate as my sunglasses unfortunately.. :cry:. Will have to try again.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Oh cool!! Thank you!! And yes, in case if anybody is wondering it was an 'attempt' i.e. the ball met the same fate as my sunglasses unfortunately.. :cry:. Will have to try again.

But you were the closest of all of us who tried and failed miserably.  

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

11 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

But you were the closest of all of us who tried and failed miserably.  

Ha ha, I guess I should have dove to catch it but I was too worried about my old butt not getting up after..:-D

Vishal S.

Great to see everyone there! Outings are always a good time, and thanks to everyone for making this happen. Not sure I'll ever get used to the odd feeling in the internet age of "meeting" someone that you pretty much already know! 

The Aimpoint clinic was great (well, both of them were) for me, and it's cool to see how putts on a green can be boiled down to some practical thumb rules that work. Eye opening to see us mostly get to tap-in range for a long putt with 3% slope. 

Thanks for having us over to the house on Saturday, Dave. Always good beer on tap, and good to catch up on the latest trapeze tricks that your household has pulled off. 

Wish I could've found a swing that worked for me. On the range, I thought I found a way to swing my 5-iron that would get me around the course - thought I'd just use that off every tee and many approaches, and just to scramble like a madman for par.  That battle plan didn't survive the first tee, as I pulled out the PING G30! But I'll blame my tightening up on the centripetal forces experience while doing crazy donuts as I drifted out of control down the 2nd fairway in my cart.

So I've got some physical therapy ahead (doc says no MRI warranted yet), but I'm rejuvenated to get ready to play with folks again. As I told a few of you, I'm hoping the summer shapes up nicely for me to take a trip, so for those folks who came from the north, I'd definitely be interested in making something work up there. 

I'll be working on my putting with my instructor for a bit now, and maybe I'll see if I can get up to Erie for a new putter or something in the July/August time frame- maybe drag one of you knuckleheads up with me, if the timing works out. 

I would say that I'll just walk the courses up there, but John tells me every hole at every course in Pennsylvania makes #2 and #12 at Stoneleigh look like they are flat. So maybe I'll take some cart driving lessons in the meantime. Does Evolvr cover that too?

While Erik and I were cruising around between groups on Sunday, I only managed to get one photo that is remotely worth posting (will have to improve on that next time!) V's followthrough on #1. Wish I could've stuck around for the post-round beers on Sunday afternoon, but some family stuff came up and had to bolt when you guys made the turn.

Until next time, gents- I had a blast.

IMG_0505.PNG

• Upvote 3

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!