IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Two days: Two eagles

Friday - Had a mediocre round going, was +4 on the 16th tee, a short 333 yard treelined par4. I figured since I was so far over par might as well hit driver, it fits my draw. On the tee shot I yank it into the trees on the left but never heard any loud cracks. I'm walking all around the biggest trees 100 yards from the green thinking it hit one of them and fell down when my Father Inlaw yells "it's up here 25 yards from the green in the clear" It was a awkward pitch with about 20 feet of green to work with. Took my 58* and landed it on the fringe, played the break just right and bang into the hole. Kinda saved a dismal round.

Saturday - Playing a nine hole match with my son. Were tied going into #8 my favorite par5, it's a whacky hole that if you can drive the ball 280-300 you can take a blind short cut over huge pines with a 7or 8 iron. It's my home course so I know exactly what trees to go over and I usually eagle this hole about 5 times a year. I hit a solid 290 yard drive down the middle and hoisted an 8 iron from 160 yards up over the trees finishing 9 feet from the hole. Made the putt for my second eagle in two days and dashed my sons hopes for victory,,lol!

He got his revenge today as he beat me 3&2

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Playing from a bunker 103 yards from the pin with a semi-blind shot, I hit my 54 10 feet past the hole and it hit the slope and zipped back and hit the stick. Easy tap-in from a foot.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

My 5th eagle of 2012 is in the books

18th hole par5:

1. tee shot in the fairway bunker...........2. nice layup from the sand.........3.112yds to the pin for a 3rd shot...........holed from the fairway!!!!

Holy cow.....the above is my post from may 13th.

Who says lightening never strikes in the same place twice?   I was playing the same hole on Saturday may 26th. After missing the fairway and having a reasonable lie, I was tempted to go for the green in 2, but I thought better of it and laid up because a huge ditch fronts the green.   I had 96yds to the pin.............and holed the wedge for an EAGLE 3.  LOL......my 2nd fairway hole-out in 13 days for an eagle3!!   Too funny............my 6th eagle of 2012 is in the books!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Started the round off a little rough, +1 after 3.  Then on #4, cranked probably the longest drive of the year on a dogleg left.  Blew it through the dogleg and up into a hilly part on the right side of the hole.  Never hit it up there... usually 25 yards short or so.  It got stuck under a bush, so I whacked it out into the fairway and hit my next shot a little long giving me a 35 foot "better than most" putt above the hole.  I barely tapped it and it took about 8 seconds, but it fell in for a par.  Next hole, same exact damn thing, except my approach was short and I chipped in for a par.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

best shot of the week? Tiger on the 16th hole, by far...

lol

ok, i'll play by the rules... MY best shot of the week was a fairly simple tee off from a par 3. Its a steep downhill shot to the pin about 145 yards on a decent sized green surrounded by water. I wasn't hitting all that well up to this hole, and in general i'm still very inconsistent with the quality of my ball striking. But I went with my 8 iron and hit a straight shot with decent trajectory to the very front of the green, settling inches from the putting surface and about 20 feet from the cup. I ended up parring the hole which for me is really good.

• Upvote 1

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing in a scramble last week and both had crummy drives. 2nd shot was about 30 feet behind a big oak. I hit it and it smokes the tree flies back at me and I catch it without ever moving my feet. I felt like I was playing 3rd base in the MLB.

Also one of the guys we were against hits the telephone line running to the pole at the back left of the par 3 green bounces back ant lands about 15 ft from the pin. Some guys have all the luck.

Originally Posted by nogoodatthis

Also one of the guys we were against hits the telephone line running to the pole at the back left of the par 3 green bounces back ant lands about 15 ft from the pin. Some guys have all the luck.

Interesting ... there is a course I play where I grew up (Sherwood Forest, Sanger, CA) that has power lines running through it and they have a local rule that you MUST replay any shot that hits them.  No matter how good or bad of a break you got, you rehit.

Oops, almost forgot ... my best shot of the week was a 56* W from 90 yds that left a mark 2 inches left of the hole and ended up 2 feet behind.  I hit a drive near the bushes on a long-ish par 4, had to chip out, so that shot saved my par.

255 yard 5 wood downwind to reach the green in two.  Ended up 2 putting but damn that club has been working for me lately.

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

I'm so new to golf sometimes I will tee off with a range ball. Almost every hole on my home course has a stream running along the right side of it, and balls disappear into it frequently. Today on my favorite hole, and only because I was using a range ball at the time. I thought to myself, swing fast as possible on this one. 334 yards with a range ball, right down the middle of the fairway about 30 yards away from the flag. There was not even a breeze out today either. I wish I would have hit my good Nike ball on that swing lol. I measured the shot with my gps, and then verified the distance on Google earth when I got home. I know exactly where it took off from and right where it landed.

What I'm wondering is, would it have went further if I had a 9.5 degree driver instead of a 10.5?

Sincerely, Jim

last weekend on the 17th at Langdon Farms (Aurora, OR) par 3, about 185. For a 21 handicapper that's a loooooong part 3, lol. Took my worst swing of the day by far, 3 Hybrid with a HUGE slice out of bounds.

Crap.

Tee it up again. Pured the 3H this time, tiny draw, right at the pin, soft landing, stopped about 5-6' from the hole. Made the bogey putt.

Best bogey 4 of the year without a doubt :)

Favourite shot was actually a 7 iron I was playing for position after a poor drive. Par 4, into a strong wind. Took my 7 iron with the thought I'd hit it 140 to 150 into the wind and try to get the ball maybe 25 or 30 yards from the green. Water left on this hole so a layup made more sense than going for it since i was not I was not in a great spot. Well, absolutely nuked it, penetrating shot right into the teeth of the wind and ended up in the throat, 7 or 8 yards off the front of the green. Wow, just wow. Would love to be able that on a regular basis.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

After catching a tree at the end of a drive I hit a blind SW From 85 yards over tall trees, with about 18 inches to spare to six feet and saved par.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Originally Posted by rareohs

last weekend on the 17th at Langdon Farms (Aurora, OR) par 3, about 185. For a 21 handicapper that's a loooooong part 3, lol. Took my worst swing of the day by far, 3 Hybrid with a HUGE slice out of bounds.

Crap.

Tee it up again. Pured the 3H this time, tiny draw, right at the pin, soft landing, stopped about 5-6' from the hole. Made the bogey putt.

Best bogey 4 of the year without a doubt :)

Very niiiiice!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Sprained/fractured my ankle this past week, does this count? I guess I won't be playing for a month or so. There are some good plays out there. I am already missing the game.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Finally played for the first time in a few weeks today. Shot 9 over for 12 holes.

Best shot was on a really narrow par 4 where I had to pitch out from a blocked tee shot. I had about about 150 to the green, blind shot right over the woods. Slight fade with a 7 iron and made the green. Felt great, the three attractive ladies I joined liked it too

Two putted for bogie, but on this particular hole, bogie is just fine for me.

Played with my dad just me and him for the first time in over 8 years (was awesome btw). Neither one of us breaks 100 regularly yet but we had fun. We were on a long par 4 and after a few shots I ended up behind the green and behind a huge oak tree. I probably could have gone under the branches but what fun is that? I opened the face of my 60* and "flopped" it up just over the tree and ended up about 5' from the pin. Made the putt to save double bogey :-D:-( On another hole I really got a hold of my new 3wood and took it about 277 uphill. Had right at 100 yards to the green, shanked a wedge shot to the right of the green, ended up saving par for the hole!:-D

300 yard 3 wood i crushed that thing, I even know what I did to create such a far shot. I also hit a beautiful 4 iron 200 into wind 10 ft of green in between trees over water & a bunker put it on the fringe for an easy putt..sign of things to come i hope.