IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

my buddy hit a drive that did something funny about 100 yards off the tee, but it kept going... when they got up there near the spot they found a headless Cardinal (bird) they found the head about 20 ft in front, and the ball was way down the fairway,...
a dead Cardinal, and we live in St. Louis, is this a bad omen...?

I was about 90 yards away, and pulled out my sand wedge. It landed a foot in front of the hole, and bounced past the hole. It sucked back to 2 inches!! Made the put for par.. ( I messed up my 5 iron the shot before)

It was fun because I usually don't get that much spin, but it spun back. The people on the next tee were laughing! ( I knew them )

In my bag...

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.5*

Fairway: R9 3 Wood *15, Tour Edge Exotics 5 Wood

Hybrid: Taylormade 4 Rescue Dual *22

Irons: 4-PW Taylormade Rac's

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56.11, Vokey Spin Milled 60.07

Putter: Rife Aussie IBF Tour Edition 34"

Terrible tee shot on a par four left me in a fairway bunker and 175 yards to the green. Picked a 6 iron clean and left myself a 10 footer for birdie which broke left to right and found the bottom of the cup. Wow. Two holes later on a 140 yard par 3 that slopes from back to front I hit 9 iron well past the hole (15 yards) but it spun back within 3 feet. Missed the birdie putt though. Memorable shots for me

In my BagBoy Griplok bag
Driver: Diablo 9 degree stiff graphite
3 Wood: Diablo 15 degree stiff graphite
Hybrid: Hb5 3 stiff graphite
Irons: FG Tour V2 stiff steel  S W: Harmonized 55 degree

Putter: Odyssey Teron

Ball: E6

GPS: UPro

Three for me:

1. Approach on a par 4, ended up on opposing fairway, 160 yards with a low 7 iron that went under a tree and ended up just off the green.

2. Similar approach on another par 4, opposing fairway, over water, 158 yards with a choked down 6 iron..nailed it.

3. Chip in with my SM 60 deg. for par..it was sweet..it hit..checked..and rolled straight into the hole..

Yesterday, I played my home course. Number 12, par 3, 175 yards: tee shot hit high just to the left of the green into a greenside bunker. When I got there I was horrified to see the dreaded buried lie, looked like a fried egg. I recalled Dave Pelz writing about what he called the "Pop and Cock" shot: set up, then on the backswing, cock the wrists immediately and swing down a bit more steeply. I know I set my feet down in the sand and I know that I cocked my wrists, the rest is a blur, except for the part when the ball gently flew out of the bunker, onto the green and released. The ball tracked right into the hole. Birdie. My comment to my partner was, "Well, even pigs can fly, sometimes."

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

At Dyker Beach, Par 3 8th hole, 162 yards to the center. Swung a bit too slowly and left it short of the green. Uphill chip with a spine in the way, maybe about 35. Needed to play a bit of break, tried to get it close, and rolled it right into the cup for a nice 2. Always good to get those birdies without the GIR.

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

Sunday afternoon -

The good: 280 yd drive left me a 220 yd 2nd shot over bunkers into the green. 3 wood tagged the lip of the far bunker, checked up, and rolled right up and in to a front pin...

The bad: I was playing alone, and no one saw it... I might as well be making this one up, lol...

What I play:

R7 Limited, UST V2
Burner 3W, Rifle ULF
Tour 3H-4H, Rifle ULF RAC MB 5-PW, Rifle ULF 54*, 58*, TP Smoke wedges Black Pearl Studio Select 1.5 ProV1 or TP Red LDP

good stuff, i smashed the pin from 150 from a hook stance in the rough. i hit a low draw right at it. however, it rolled to about 15 ft to the right on the fringe missed the putt, made par. coolest shot i've hit in awhile. coolest shot ever is a 3 iron from about 250 for a 2 on a par 5.

PW from 111 today. choked down with a 3/4 swing and knocked it right over the pin. ended up about six feet from the hole. Cool thing was that I actually converted the short birdie putt for once!

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

last week my friend(5 handicapper) and I were tied going into the 18th.
We were playing for a dinner. I went first and I hit a decent 3 wood on a dog leg right and left it about 110 yds. He grabbed a driver, perfect fade and left it only about 50 yds. I went up to the ball thinking I have to stick it with in 10 feet to have any chance. I hit a perfect 56* knock down and spun it back to about 2 feet. I guess he felt the pressure cause he hit his thin pass the green. made the birdie, free dinner baby. One of the best pressure shots of my life...

In Bag:

Driver:909D2 8.5 Voodoo
Fairway:909F2 15.5 Voodoo
Hybrid idea pro 20*Irons: MP-57 3-PW Proj x 6.0Wedges: CG12 54* & 58* 2 dotPutter: Studio Select Fastback 1Ball: Pro V1Rangefinder: LR800

I chipped in twice during my last round and finished with 26 putts. Had 7 one-putts. Lowest putting round ever. Greenside wedge play was insane. Lots of up-and-downs.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

on the 18th, hit a 3-iron approach uphill 185, 12 feet from the pin...GIR to 2 putt to go up and down. Based on how the round had been going, the best hole for me by far this week...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Played a matchplay final yesterday and two shots really made it for me (I won!).

I was giving shots on 11 holes and approached the 13th 1-up. Opponent had shots on 15, 16 and 17. Opponent drilled a mid-long iron to about 4 feet and after a 2-iron tee shot I had ~110 to the raised green. Easy, punched PW to 4 feet - holed putt whereas opponent (coming downhill) missed. Two up.

14th hole. Par 5. Slightly down-wind. Cut tee shot into rough right. Hack out leaving ~190-200 to green. 4-iron as sweet as you like (didn't really feel the contact, you know the sort of strike I'm talking about) all over the flag lands on front of green, stops ~8-feet short of hole. Missed putt but didn't matter as after the 4-iron, opponent pulls shot way left into deep trouble. Three up. Game over.

By the way, Macgregor's 1025M blades from 2002 are fabulous irons. Best £85 (~$150) I've spent in a long while!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

played friday afternoon in the rain, was a lot of fun and the course was empty. I took out my new seemore putter and drained two 25ish footers which never happens for me because Im an awful putter.

The other one was I hit a low 5 iron to two feet for a tap in birdie from 182 on a par 3. I was pretty happy with myself because the shot turned out exactly how I envisioned it in my head.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Yesterday on the 14th, a par 3 surrounded by sandtraps, took out a 6i and blasted the ball, landed and rolled back about a foot or so, and stopped 5 feet from the hole, a decent putt for birdie.
Good Thread for a Newbie?

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

I was playing in a friendly tournament with the rest of my team (3 v. 3 v. 3) and it was the par 5, 7th. Could be reached in 2 with a good drive. One kid bombed a drive up there, and our #2 decided to try and go for it from around 210. Oh yeah, there is a big pond that blocks to way to get there in 2. He pushed his shot deep into the woods. Miraculously we found it and it was my turn. I was about 40 yards from the cup and had a decent shot. Struck it perfectly and it glided over 2 branches and landed 6 feet from the pin. Luckily the other kid knocked it in for bird. Finished par, par for a -3 (33) and the win.