IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Par 4 at a local course. Hit my driver and caught a little wind and a great bounce to just land on the fringe of the green, was about 80 feet to the hole breaking left to right about 2 feet. I hit it up the slope just to try and get it close and it went in for eagle.

Let's start with the most frustrating shot: Short par 4, perfect strong drive off the tee...cannot find the ball. WTH?!? We looked all over and even looked for a plugged ball. That ball was within the lines of the fairway, not moving at all and yet...where was it? We ended up (as a team) taking a bad bad score on that hole.

Ok, so then after the tournament...we decided to play another round on the same course, except this time from the blues instead of the whites.

Now, back to the 8th hole, I am teeing it up from 25-30 yards back this time and once again hit a big clean drive going straight at the pin. I feel pretty good about this because I could figure out more or less where my earlier drive went.

So...we get down there and there's my ball...from the blue tees....sitting on the green a full 20 feet past the flagstick! (Missed the eagle putt, but made birdie).

So anyway we figure the drive from the white tees flew the green and that why we couldn't find it. Crazy.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

i didnt do a very good drive then i hit a real nice 7 iron from about 155 yards to save a par.

If I hit it right, it's a slice. If I hit it left, it's a hook. If I hit it straight, it's a miracle.

par5... bombed driver... duffed 2nd shot... 3rd shot was a long long way and had to carry water and sand for a chance at a gir... everytime i layup on this hole i end up losing a ball... so i went for it and actually hit it too far to my amazement... but i got it on the green and ended up 4 putting for a double
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

The toughest hole on the course, tight fairway, deep grass and bunkers left, water along the right from tee to green, 440 yard par 4. I hook my drive into the rough left about 220, yeah! I have 220 to the green. My ball was sitting beautifully in the grass, but I was on a severe downhill. I aimed left and didn't fight the fade - I crushed a 3 iron to the middle and two putted. 4.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

From the "Better Lucky than Good" department:

With around 130 to the pin on a par 4, I blocked a 9-iron well left of the green. 30 yards to the hole, but 20 feet above, with a row of trees and a cartpath in my way and no green to work with. I play a wedge with the ball well back in my stance, and give it the slightest bump. Somehow, my shot just brushed the bottom of the tree branches, landed about two feet beyond the cartpath, and ran down the hill to about six feet from the hole. The par putt lipped out, but bogey was a lot better than what I could have walked away there with.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2nd hole at a course nearby. Slightly uphill at 144 yards. Decided to hit a solid 8. Turned out more than solid and flew the green. Ended up a couple feet from a stone wall and some 25 yards from the pin. Hit a nice high flop to about 8 feet but missed my par-saver.

Just finished walking 9, had my best drive on 9 a par 4 dog leg left. I called my shot on the tee, " I am going to hit it over the tall pines on the left".

Got up an hit a beaut, right over the pines, cut the dog off at the tail, 110 to the green. Pulled a wedge to the left edge of the green, 2 putted for par.

Lots of fun ...

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 9.5 
callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 3 Deep 14.5

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro Hybrid 18 and 23
callaway.gif X-22 3-L
odyssey.gif White Ice Sabertooth
clicgear.gif 2.0 black - bushnell.gif Tour V2

par 3 11th hole I missed the green was in rough and chiped out onto the green it rolled right at the pin and dropped i was really happy with the birdie because i hardly ever chip in.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

I was playing in my Wed. night league last night and was off to a poor start in rainy, cold conditions. I pushed my third into the soupy greenside bunker. I managed to put my fourth to about about six inches for a tap in par.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 ft from the waste basket next to the bed...
had a tough lie from the carpet at the foot of the bed...
pulled sw with an open stance 1/4 swing...
ball way back in stance... girl and dog on bed watching tv...
took alot of practice swings to get the feel for it...
lots of distractions especially with the thunderstorm raging outside...
stared down the target and pulled the trigger...
hit a high flop almost hitting the ceiling... smooth arc right into the bucket for a hole in one... i heard no soft claps from the gallery... only raving barks and my girl screaming... "wtf are you doing?"
man its been raining for the whole week and its not supposed to stop till like monday or tues next week

138 yard Par 3 with sand to the right and water to the left. Hit an 8 Iron that hit the slope splitting the middle of the green and rolled down towards the hole... came to a stop about 3 feet behind the hole and I tapped in for birdie

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

scenario: 184 yd par 3...tee off with a 5 iron...land short by about 5 yards...scull my second shot over the green...in the rough, deep crappy lie...17 yard chip to the front of the green...2 foot roll out, in the hole for par

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

ROFL! Hopefully you replaced your divot. :)

no divots in the shag... used the bounce of the club to get it airborne... i refuse to scratch my clubs on the carpet... LOL...

thank god it stop raining enough so that i could go out an play in the mud... if not i think my girl woulda kicked me out before then... hahaha... today i had a beaut shot since my money 3h was misbehaving so i pulled 4w and for the first time it drew a high arc 190 out missing the green by inches... playing in the mud is better than tight lies on hardpan

From the "Awesome Drives That Didn't Get Their Just Reward" department:
The fourth hole at the course I played today is a 475-yard, dogleg-right par 5 with an uphill drive that drops off if the player can turn the corner. I hit a perfect draw around the bend that fed down to stop 190 yards from the hole. From there, I blocked a 4-iron into some shrubbery left of the green and hacked my way to double bogey.

From the "Great Shot After a Terrible Shot" department:
Item 1: On the ninth hole, I had an uphill 170-yard approach after a drive that dove straight down as soon as it went into the air. I topped a 4-iron (not my club on this day, having pushed it, topped it, and shanked it on the three occasions it came out of the bag) to 75 yards, still uphill. I then played a full sand wedge to 10 feet, hole high, and sank the putt for par.
Item 2: Hole 11 is a short, straight-forward par 4. My drive left me with 60 yards to the pin. Pulling out my 60° wedge, I chunked my second, and still had 25 yards to go. Still with the 60° wedge, I hit a half-swing to two feet for a tap-in par.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Hit a horrible approach shot leaving myself 30 yards right of the green

Pin location is front right with sand between the hole and my ball..... Choke down on the gap wedge and swing real steep

Ball hits 12 feet behind hole bounces once and rolls back to about 7 feet from the hole

I have been working on putting spin on the ball and it felt great to watch it work

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

The entire 9th (final) hole today. 331 slight dogleg right with OB right. Hit a bomb (250 yards... it's a bomb for me) that cut the corner perfectly and left me with about an 80 yard slightly uphill wedge. Stuck it to about 7 or 8 feet. Then made the birdie. Perfect finish.

And that was coming off a great 8 iron on the 8th (par 3) that I stuck to about 7 feet but missed the birdie putt.