IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Picatinny Arsenal Golf Club - i was in leagues this past Tuesday, hole #8, par 4, 415 yards. it was quite windy, hit my drive into the wind to the 180 mark in the right rough, low lying tree in my view, had to hit a low, 2i hybrid punch under the tree with a fade...bounces on the front of the green rolls off. I chunk a wedge to the collar between the rough and the fringe. pull out the driver to make a 45 putt in the center of the cup. par to win the hole. get some

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I holed out an 8iron from around 145 for eagle yesterday. My first hole-out eagle.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Was playing a 214 yard par 3 from an elevated tee box (probably a good 60 feet) with the wind behind me. I took a 7i and pured it. I was playing a 4 ball, and we all just watched it come in from right to left with a baby draw. The pin was front center. The ball landed about 4 feet short and about 2 feet to the right, bounced once and checked about 3 feet from the pin. I didn't have a great round, but that shot kind of made up for it.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

After going 12-over through 7 and in the left rough on #8 I said to myself to stop the crap and par-in. Hit the 8i from 150 to 3' and went on a tear from there. 5 pars 2 birdies and one bogey in the next 8 till a buddie mentioned "Hey, you could go 34 on the back".......... finished Bogey, Double, Double........

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Started the hole with a big slice onto another fairway and had to play a 6 iron over trees to a green i could not see. i hit it good and it sailed over the tree. i walked uo to the green and it had stopped just on the back i went on to 2 putt for par.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

551 par5 #9... dogleg left with a lake all along the left side...
i got ahold of my drive and it started drawing towards the lake...
partner says... "i think youre safe"... he hits his teeshot... then his 2nd shot past mine...
we look for my ball towards the edge of the lake and he yells "its over here... dude thats gotta be at least 280-290"
the only real shot i had from that lie was to lay up back towards the fw... or attempt to go over the water... i went for it... pulled 3w... felt really chunky and i thought for sure it was gonna go swimming... hit the front of the green rolling to the middle... first time ever reaching a par5 green in 2
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I holed out from about 90 yards on Monday. It was my first eagle of the year.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

165y approach shot on long Par4. Hit a perfect 7I, landed at 165 and stopped dead at 170y a little left of target. Doesn't seem like anything special, but this was my first GIR from 150+ yards out.

Would have to be my drive on the 330 yard par 4, 6th at Leicester CC. Left me with about a 35 yard pitch to a ridiculous sloping green. Put it to about 5 feet under the hole. Of course I missed my putt. I shot 39, which ties my personal best but could've easily shot 37. Putter really wasn't doing it for me.

I actually have two. Imagine that.

#1: Par 4 359 yards. I hit a poor drive to about 120 out. I took a PW since the wind was in my face, and boy was it the right club. Landed about 3 feet away, took a hop, and stopped about 4 inches from the cup. I made the birdie. I have a picture of it on my cell phone if any of you want to see whilst playing with me ;)

#2: Happened today actually. Par 3, 122 yards. Took a 9 iron (15 mph wind in mah face) and it was the right club again! Landed about 10 feet away, took a bounce, and stopped about 2 feet from the cup for a nice birdah.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

first hole par4 382...
approach shot from 150 out in the right rough... 7i went straight at the pin bouncing to 2ft past... 1 putt birdie

260 yard 3 wood on par 5 15th 2nd shot to 3ft, tap in eagle!

TITLEIST 909 D2 10.5* VOODOO STIFF FLEX
TAYLORMADE R9 TP 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX
COBRA BAFFLER PRO 19* STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST 695MB 3-PW STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...

Par 5, 215 to flag a little wind helping blowing from about 8 to 2, uphill all the way, but not very steep. Two tier green and I don't want to be long and have to putt back down the slope, but I have about 7-8 yards past the hole until I get to the slope. 19 degree hybrid, choke down a little and just give it a normal swing. Never left the flag, straight as a string. Flew straight over flag landed about 10 feet past and rolled another 6-7. Missed the eagle putt, but a tap in birdie.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

This is not a story about me but a co-worker has a friend that hit a hole in one on a driveable par 4 this past weekend. I don't know the details about it....but it is a very reliable source. That is amazing!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

rocking driver all day today...
absolute bomb that i shouldnt have tried was a dogleg left par4...
water on the left... water straight in front of the teebox about 320 with cartpath in front of it about 295...
i got all of it that time carrying the hill framing the fw... hitting the cartpath and actually saw it bounce higher than the hill... didnt hit a provisional cuz i didnt think it would bounce 25 yrds to the water... all 4 of us looked for it and it was just gone... longest drive i have ever hit wind or no wind... unassisted...
i may have lost a ball... taken a drop... scoring double bogey on that hole... but damn i was proud of that shot... especially the looks on the other 3 guys i was playing with... priceless