IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I'd say my best of this past week came yesterday. I ripped a drive on my home course and had 157 into a par 5. It was in the left rough though, but I had some adrenaline pumping because I had just hit the flagstick with my wedge approach on the hole before. I pulled a 9-iron and hit it perfectly. It landed soft about 8 ft from the pin. Unfortunately, I cannot putt as I described in my other thread, so I made birdie.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I guess this is as good a place as any to give you my first post. The other day I almost broke a pin with my 3-wood on a Par 5. I was 257 out and drilled the pin about 2 ft. above the ground. It was cool because there was definite damage done to the pin, and I had never seen anybody damage a pin before. The bad news is the ball ricocheted into a sand trap after it hit the pin.

• Administrator
I hit one awesome shot today. Pulled my drive left on the sixth (a long par 5). Had an opening about 50 feet up and about 50 yards ahead - at about a 7I trajectory. It was just a notch or a V between two trees, so anything low would be trouble, and anything left or right would be trouble too (unless it went even higher). Anyway, I didn't want to hit a 7I or an 8I and leave myself with a 5I to the green, so I pulled my hybrid out, 19°, and tried to stay back to get the ball up. I had to hit a slight cut, too, because the V was in line with the very left edge of the fairway.

It came off perfectly. I couldn't have hit the shot more like I imagined if I tried it again a thousand times.

Hit on and just missed the birdie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Without a doubt my best shot of the day, week, month (you name it) was yesterday. Monthly tournament thru work, local course, 40+ guys with $10 ante for skins.

14th hole is 507 yard par 5. Driver straight down the middle at 220 yds. Scuffed a 3 wood to 150 yds out. 7I to 3' from pin. 1 putt later I'm in for birdie. Best part is it was good for an $85 skin.

Nothing better than taking money from your pals...and spending it on beer at the 19th.

par 3 138 yards
didnt hit the 8iron solid or it felt like i didnt..... low draw, checked up and hit the pin, about a foot and a half for birdie... this was actually a few weeks ago but i still remember

par 3 about 200 yards. pulled out a 5 wood and aimed nearly 20 yards left cuz i was pushing and slicing all day. hit a terrible shot but it ended up 3 feet from the hole....... somehow i missed the putt which bugged me for the rest of the round

Rich Lee's Artillery
---------------
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5° Aldila NV 65-S
3-Wood: Titleist 980F 15° TTDG S300
Hybrid: dunno yet...Irons: 3-PW+GW Titleist 704.CB TTDG R300Wedges: (subject to change)Putter: White Hot XG #11Ball: Titleist ProV1Handicap: 10and i2!ch = RICH

Last Sunday on 2 back to back decent length par 4s I had nearly identical situations. On both I got off so-so drives that faded into light rough with trees blocking my view of the green, but far enough away to not be serious obstructions. The first I was about 180 out with a slight uphill lie (back of an old tee box). Hit my Hogan 3h hybrid, and dropped it on the green. Two puts for par. Next hole, similar situation but about 210 out with an iffy lie, took a smooth swing with my 1h hybrid onto the green but a LONG way from the hole so 3 putts. Hitting greens from that distance my not sound like that big a deal, but the way I have been struggling lately, I was thrilled.

The best shot I've seen this week and this year wasn't mine but I have to write this. This guy I played with shot a 29 with me. He hit the flagstick with his drive on a par 4, left it about 3 feet and made the eagle putt (his 2nd eagle in a row). Smokin.

I hit my best shot ever on Wednesday. I holed out a Gap Wedge from 90 yards out for birdie on a 380 yard par 4. My Tee shot was about 1 foot into knee deep heather and I only found it by accident. Instead of trying to blast it out, I just took the stroke and called it unplayable. I dropped it and just tried to get it close. It landed 6 feet from the hole, bounced twice and disapeared into the cup.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Decided to play 9 holes yesterday despite the terrible (hot and humid) weather. My bunker shot on a par 4 spun around the cup and..... ALMOST sank. Tapped in for par, but up until yesterday, I had never, never gotten a bunker shot anywhere that close to the hole. So naturally, I was very happy.

Sank a 25 footer from the fringe. Had a slight left to right break downhill... and it had just stopped raining. It was one of those that you knew was going to drop as soon as you made contact.

Last night I was commig off a tripple that let my opponent get within 1 shot. He pushed his tee shot right and I hit my drive 315 down the left center. I was safely on in two and lipped out my birdie. He made bogey and I won by 3.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

About three hours ago I ran a low 3-iron to the right of one tree and to left, and below the branches, of another, up a rise to an elevated green to 10 inches from about 110 yards out. Tapped in for a birdie.

My wife, God love her, was hopping up and down and hollering like I just won a tournament. Helps to bring your own cheering section!

Rick

I was playing an unfamiliar course just outside of Leavenworth, Washington
this afternoon and I hit a beautiful fade around a very tight dogleg right. I used my five wood and just called up the fade when I needed it. I had to avoid trees and houses and did both. I am very encouraged! I drove the ball reasonably well tonight and was able to work the ball a little which is a breakthrough for me.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
I played the back nine at my country club with a 5-iron today in practice. So, a bit of a Tin Cup moment here, but "what was my best shot today? Was it the 5-iron on 18? How about the 5-iron on 12? No? You liked the five-iron on 14? Oh, the 5-iron on 15? Yeah, but that doesn't beat the 5-iron on 16!"

Anyway, my favorite shot was the flop shot I hit with the 5I from the fairway - about 30 yards from the front of the green and 35 feet from there to the pin, over a bunker. To three feet. Made the putt for par (with the 5-iron).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Playing in a Pinehurst format tournament with my lovely wife I was put left off the fairway, tree in front, 40 degree sidehill (ball below feet), tall trees guarding both sides of the green, 175yds away (thanks honey!). Shot called for a high fade, around the tree trunk and under the branches, sky-high to carry trees next to the green.
5 iron. 8 ft from the cup (do I have to mention she missed the birdie putt?)

• Administrator
Playing in a Pinehurst format tournament with my lovely wife I was put left off the fairway, tree in front, 40 degree sidehill (ball below feet), tall trees guarding both sides of the green, 175yds away (thanks honey!). Shot called for a high fade, around the tree trunk and under the branches, sky-high to carry trees next to the green.

Of course she did! D'oh!!!

I played in a charity tourny today where you only had a seven-iron and a putter. I hit the fringe, pin-high on a 208-yard par 3. I also beat the longest drive, but I was off the fairway, so it didn't count.

The funny thing is that because I forgot to pick up the sticks at the club, I played with two clubs I haven't played in 15 years. I think they were made by Mizuno and KMart( ).

Played in the monthly stableford playing the par 4 13th and drove a long ball down the fairway actually thought i had drove in the stream wich was lookin well out of range from the tee. anyway was left with a 8 iron to a 2 tiered green and as the round was going ok but nothin great decided to go straight at the pin an stiffed the ball within a foot of the cup

looked really decent in the air but wouldnt of been to happy missing the green off the back as it would of damn impossible to make par from there

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade r580 XD. STIFF SHAFT W/ FIRM TIP 10.5°
5-Wood: Titleist 975F, 21°, S300 Stiff SHAFT
Irons: Titleist 990, S300 3 - PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56°CLEAVELAND TOUR ACTION 60°Putter: 33" ODYSSEY 2 BALL MALLETScotty cameron Newport 2 Pro platinumBall: Titleist...