IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I had a pretty solid shot into the green on the 18th last weekend. I was one down in my match so had to win the hole to get a half. I had 140 yards to a back left pin location with a strong left to right wind blowing. I lined up at the left edge of the green and hit a perfect shot that started dead at my target and faded back with the wind about 8 yards to land right on line with the flag about 15 feet short of the pin. My birdie putt was a bit misread (right weight but two feet to the right) but all I needed was par to win the hole after my opponent had tree trouble and had a bogey. Pretty happy with that shot after some difficulty taking my evolvr lessons to the course lately.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

500yd Par5:   I hit a poor drive......a low trajectory quick-hook into the right rough that didn't go very far.

I had 237yds to the pin with a forced carry to the green.   Anything over the left or right trees= Ball in Hazard     Keep the ball between the gap in the trees and carry the ravine short, and you're good to go!!

I caught a good lie and felt comfortable with the shot.   The green is very wide, but shallow and it's positioned diagonally......I  played a beautiful high right-to-left fade right into the heart of the green.   I had about 20' eagle attempt, but missed the putt.  The easy 2 putt birdie was worth the gamble.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

500yd Par5:   I hit a poor drive......a low trajectory quick-hook into the right rough that didn't go very far.  I had 237yds to the pin with a forced carry to the green.   Anything over the left or right trees= Ball in Hazard     Keep the ball between the gap in the trees and carry the ravine short, and you're good to go!!  I caught a good lie and felt comfortable with the shot.   The green is very wide, but shallow and it's positioned diagonally......I  played a beautiful high right-to-left fade right into the heart of the green.   I had about 20' eagle attempt, but missed the putt.  The easy 2 putt birdie was worth the gamble.  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/129090/] [/URL]

Is the ravine a hazard as well? Was it 237 to the pin or 237 yards to carry the ravine?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The 13th hole on my course is a short par 4 with a water guarded green, close to an island but not quite, run off at the back.

I'd played a 6 iron from the tee to about 80 yards, stepped up with a 56 wedge and hit it to 5 feet.

I'm a 28 handicapper so as expected I three putted, won the hole in a friendly match we were playing though due to having 2 shots on it B-)

Got to the 17th hole, par 3, 231 yards from an elevated tee over a large pond. Heavy wind in our face with gusts creating a 1-2 club wind. Large trees on either side create a tunnel through which one must hit so in addition to hitting it 230 into the wind, it has to be pretty darn straight. Being a bit distance challenged I was concerned about clearing the pond because of the wind gusts.  Hit my driver solidly and held the green for a relatively routine 2-putt par.

Brian Kuehn

Was actually 3 shots back to back for birdie on 566 yard par 5. 304 from the tee then 249 to front of green, rolled the 20 foot missed eagle putt to a couple inches and tapped in. Still liking the kiXck Blast Driveway it's a beast.

Dave :-)

Hole #3 @ River Forest CC, Freeport PA:

The situation: A difficult par 5 guarded by a pond in the front. I hit my drive into some difficult rough. After pounding by TM Raylor out of the hairy situation, my third shot had more than 200 yards to clear the pond, so I laid up. I pulled the shot just a bit and left myself 110 on the edge of some trees.

The shot: I selected a pitching wedge, barely missed the trees and then the ball landed on the green 8 feet away.

The result: I made the putt for a well deserved par. and then birdied the next hole, a par three.

I love this game. :-)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Long downhill right dog leg par 5 on Sunday, blasted my drive so far I overshot the fairway by a couple yards, 220 to the green, but a tree is right in my path, so I try to hit a fade with my 4h between the 3ft gap in the trees and it made it!  I then putted it 3 ft past the hole and down the hill it went right off the green and it took 4 more putts to get it in the hole, but that approach shot was magical, my first ever par 5 green in 2.

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

Played 18 Monday on course that previously hosted PGA events ( slope 135 from men's tee.) Had 10 putts on front 9: my 4 chips ( mostly 60 degree wedges from 10 - 30 yds) were all 12 -24 inches from pin, and approach shots were crazy close . Practicing those chips pays off.

I left myself about 40-50 feet out on back to back holes today. My best shots would have to be the lag putts that got me close enough to make pars. They weren't that flashy but it really built up my confidence for the rest of the round.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Par 4 eagle from 175. Blind shot to the green, had to hook it hard around some trees. A shame because I didn't get to see it go in. Spent way too much time looking for my ball because I knew it was a great shot. Gave up looking and said "Hey what the hell, let me just check the cup..." Zing!

I played in a best ball tournament today at my local course, overall my team did pretty well as we shot -12 and finished in second one shot behind the winners.  Anyway on 13 we ended up with a about a 80 yard approach shot on a par 4 into a flag sitting on the back left of the green.  I figured it was about a soft 3/4 pitching wedge and the results were:

As you can see from the ball mark on the lip of the cup I pretty much gaged the distance perfectly.  The ball hit, spun back right into the flat with enough force to give the flag a visible lean as we approached it.  The ball ended up about 4-6 inches away from the hole when all was said and one.  This will probably be the shot of the year, let alone shot of the week for me.

• Upvote 1

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

I ended up in the hazard on my approach shot and had about 40 ft to the pin. Using my 56 degree wedge the ball came out and landed just 2 feet short and and couple inches to the right of the pin. Just as it looked as if my ball would roll to the far back of the green it stopped 2  1/2  feet past the pin as if someone put the brakes on it which enabled me to save par

Early sat morn,Qtr final of pairs comp,4UP on 13th hole, my partner and I are dovetailing well and looking to break their hearts,Ive pulled my drive big style onto adjacent (12th) fairway but actually got plenty on it and left myself a great line into the green.Blind shot into front flag on a green that slopes severely back to front with 4 bunkers protecting it.Quite windy thev'e all come up short from the "right" fairway,Ive got 126yds to front pin,gripped down and punched a 7iron low into the wind,looked and felt great off the club straight at the only thing I could see,the very top of flagstick,walk over the bluff and there I am sitting 5 ft from pin,rolled in the putt and walked to 14th tee dormie 5.....SF here we come! just a great feeling when they come off like that!

Third shot on a par 5, about 40 yards to the hole, I hit a knockdown 56* wedge that did exactly as i envisioned.  I hit it perfectly, it took two bounces and stopped dead on the third, six inches to the left of the hole.  Easy birdie.

Not any particular shot, but I hit 12 out of 13 fairways. It's been a long time since I did that. :dance:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D