IGNORED

"Hunted" TV Show

iacas
Note: This thread is 2603 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, chilepepper said:

I would take this show too seriously. All this stuff is scripted to the max. 

Assuming you meant to say "would not", what makes you so sure?

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

Assuming you meant to say "would not", what makes you so sure?

Yes " would not". I don't see the producers and directors leaving anything to chance. Too much money involved, mostly in the form of advertising revenue

5 hours ago, chilepepper said:

Yes " would not". I don't see the producers and directors leaving anything to chance. Too much money involved, mostly in the form of advertising revenue

Would say the same thing about the NFL...

$250K is a drop in the bucket for Hollywood. 

- Shane

• Administrator
11 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Why do they have to go from the bank to an airplane on foot? That's stupid. A fugitive wouldn't do that. 

That contrivance basically ruins the end. Stupid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

That contrivance basically ruins the end. Stupid.

I'm also wondering how the contestants knew which bank to go get the money.

- Shane

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I'm also wondering how the contestants knew which bank to go get the money.

It wasn't quite as bad as I thought from what you described. They got to pick their own airplane, and they got to pick their own bank, I think…

Why didn't they use, say, TorBrowser to log onto the website? At least hide the IP a little.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why didn't they use, say, TorBrowser to log onto the website? At least hide the IP a little.

I have no idea what that is. 

Here is my thought. They start off the game by picking up 2K at a bank emulating a robbery. Then they have to evade the hunters for 28 days. If they succeed, then they are rewarded with more money.

Another thought. It would be more realistic if the hunters have to ID the hunted. They are at a huge advantage to have their names up front.

- Shane

• Administrator

I have no idea what that is.

The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

Here is my thought. They start off the game by picking up 2K at a bank emulating a robbery. Then they have to evade the hunters for 28 days. If they succeed, then they are rewarded with more money.

Yeah, well… the whole show was even more contrived than I thought it would be.

• Limited travel area.
  • Tapping phones of people who probably didn't sign up for the game or waive any rights.
  • Rigged bank accounts - Max of 5 $100 withdrawals from an ATM card THEY gave you.
  • Ability to tap into CCTV cameras for non-criminal activity.
  • Other restrictions on how they can win the game (the final steps).

Admittedly some of those would be fine if they were actual criminals. And since they made those last three steps… it somewhat eliminates just going to a friend's house and hiding in their basement for 28 days, because they could just have a team wait for you outside and follow you to the bank and bust you there, since they required that you do those things on Day 28. I thought you just had to evade them for 28 days, in which case my plan would have worked since they had no authority to enter private property, seemingly.

I just looked up tor browser. I thought you were talking about some kind of banking thing.

In the end, it's a reality game for TV with rules and limitations. I'm glad that in the end, 2 teams won. I guess that proves to me that it wasn't totally rigged for the hunters. They certainly have some big advantages, but not so big that it is unwinnable. 

- Shane

The local guys I mentioned earlier ended up winning the show. I never even watched an episode, but it's kinda cool that some locals won

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

30 minutes ago, TN94z said:

The local guys I mentioned earlier ended up winning the show. I never even watched an episode, but it's kinda cool that some locals won

That's very cool.

- Shane

Well, I don't watch any "reality" TV. Why? Because it's not! I was mildly interested when the promos for this show first began running, but it quickly soured.

I think the promo that ran me off was one where a couple was shown fleeing across a body of water in a boat. Whaddaya know, there's a film crew in another boat right alongside them, and the whole shebang is also being filmed from a helicopter! How secretive! 

Plus, as others have said, some of these people are far too dumb to make it! They have no idea of what "going off the grid" entails. They've become far too used to modern conveniences!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Well, I don't watch any "reality" TV. Why? Because it's not! I was mildly interested when the promos for this show first began running, but it quickly soured.

I think the promo that ran me off was one where a couple was shown fleeing across a body of water in a boat. Whaddaya know, there's a film crew in another boat right alongside them, and the whole shebang is also being filmed from a helicopter! How secretive! 

Plus, as others have said, some of these people are far too dumb to make it! They have no idea of what "going off the grid" entails. They've become far too used to modern conveniences!

I don't think any of us thought this was "reality."

And of course they had a film crew with them.

So, to the guys in the forum, do you think you would be better at "hunting", or would you be better at evading the hunters?

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

4 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

So, to the guys in the forum, do you think you would be better at "hunting", or would you be better at evading the hunters?

It looks like being a hunter is relatively easy since you are apparently allowed to to track anyone's cell phone at will. I think it would be more fun to be a fugitive though. 

Interesting thought... Did the hunters get a reward for finding fugitives?

10 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

There isn't a reality show that has ever been made that is realistic. With Survivor, is "voting someone off the island" signifying the act of killing/eating them? If so, this could be realistic for a cannibalistic society I suppose, but [unfortunately] we can't simply vote people out of town. It would be nice if we could. I see these things more like a game shows in a real world setting.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2603 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!