IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
5 hours ago, b101 said:

Srixon range balls - whatever their standard is. 

Then that's a big part of your problem (i.e. the 42° you were getting): urethane balls launch lower with more spin, firmer (cover) balls launch significantly higher, particularly off partial wedges.

This basically completely explains your issue. You're not hitting premium, urethane-covered balls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, b101 said:

Well, mine's normally pretty good and I can't get above 1.44. At my last fitting, I averaged 1.50.

Not sure whether this affects launch angle though? I also remember some early reviews saying that the Mevo over-stated launch though

I saw the reviews as well, and with a sample of two Mevos I got pretty good results if it’s setup correctly.

I’m probably more skeptical of the many YouTube videos that tested the Mevo except for the one pro from UK who compared it to an X3.

The sensor technology is pretty accurate and is designed in Germany. I’ve run FMCW tests with it and it’s pretty good.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 1 month later...

Richie3jack is positive on the Mevo and recently posted this about yardage gapping.

http://3jack.blogspot.com/2018/03/yardage-gapping-test-with-flightscope.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently updated the Mevo App which wanted a new FW update of the Mevo. Since that I am not getting any shots registered.

Anyone else seen any issues. My app provides the following version information:

App Version 1.3.5

AVR Version 0.08 FSMevo BT

DSP Version 1.09

Do these versions match those used by others?

Thanks

Dave

On 25/03/2018 at 5:51 PM, FrankfurtDave said:

I recently updated the Mevo App which wanted a new FW update of the Mevo. Since that I am not getting any shots registered.

Anyone else seen any issues. My app provides the following version information:

App Version 1.3.5

AVR Version 0.08 FSMevo BT

DSP Version 1.09

Do these versions match those used by others?

Thanks

Dave

Just to answer my own reply in case it helps anyone else. The versions that I mentioned above are correct. The issue I had is a known issue within Flightscope and there is a fix coming coming in the next days.

The workaround should you have this problem is to change the mode (Outdoor to Indoor and back again in the app) when connected to the Mevo.

After doing this everything working perfectly again.

As usual great support from Flightscope. They replied within hours and came up with a solution immediately.

• Informative 1

• Administrator
8 hours ago, FrankfurtDave said:

Just to answer my own reply in case it helps anyone else. The versions that I mentioned above are correct. The issue I had is a known issue within Flightscope and there is a fix coming coming in the next days.

The workaround should you have this problem is to change the mode (Outdoor to Indoor and back again in the app) when connected to the Mevo.

After doing this everything working perfectly again.

As usual great support from Flightscope. They replied within hours and came up with a solution immediately.

So is this true if you are already set on indoor mode?

Is it more an issue with the app?

Or does changing the mode just reset something so it can function (and you changing it back was just because you were outside)?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, iacas said:

So is this true if you are already set on indoor mode?

Is it more an issue with the app?

Or does changing the mode just reset something so it can function (and you changing it back was just because you were outside)?

I can not say anything about the actual error that they had, and hence what additional use cases there might be. I can only say that if anyone has the issue that their unit is not registering ANY shots that switching the mode to something else and back again when connected might help.

For me I only test "Outdoor" mode hence I went from Outdoor to Indoor and back again. Whether the same issue can occur for Indoors or Pitching I do not know.

• Administrator

Likely switching the mode once works then. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I read something on Golfwrx on a "sniper's sight", I assume that's referring to the notch to help you align the unit?

Also, there's an update to the Mevo (new model not firmware) in a year or two? What new features are anticipated?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I read something on Golfwrx on a "sniper's sight", I assume that's referring to the notch to help you align the unit?

Yep.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Also, there's an update to the Mevo (new model not firmware) in a year or two? What new features are anticipated?

I don't need anything more.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I noticed something odd today. I was recording 7-4 irons and driver. My first driver session was 5 shots and had spin in the 2100 range. Then I did 6 iron and was around 5000. I went back to driver but forgot to switch the settings to driver. My distances were shorter and spin was around 5000 again. 

Im assuming the algorithm uses club selection to resolve the spin numbers verses what it is reading for the spin sample. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I noticed something odd today. I was recording 7-4 irons and driver. My first driver session was 5 shots and had spin in the 2100 range. Then I did 6 iron and was around 5000. I went back to driver but forgot to switch the settings to driver. My distances were shorter and spin was around 5000 again. 

Im assuming the algorithm uses club selection to resolve the spin numbers verses what it is reading for the spin sample. 

No, but it might use the club to determine the range for spin. Especially if you don’t have dots on the balls.

Just now, iacas said:

No, but it might use the club to determine the range for spin. Especially if you don’t have dots on the balls.

I had the dot and was hitting into the net. One concern I have is the net is only 7 feet from the contact area. I’m not sure if that affects accuracy. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I had the dot and was hitting into the net. One concern I have is the net is only 7 feet from the contact area. I’m not sure if that affects accuracy. 

Do you have it set to the pitching setting (or whatever the shortest flight setting is called)? I only have about 7' to my net as well and that's what I have it on. It says it needs 10' of flight but that's as good as it's going to get at home for me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Do you have it set to the pitching setting (or whatever the shortest flight setting is called)? I only have about 7' to my net as well and that's what I have it on. It says it needs 10' of flight but that's as good as it's going to get at home for me.

I have it set at indoor and 5 feet. I was have trouble when I set it for pitching. I know Erik had more accurate results with driver at 7 feet, but my driveway is sloped and 7 feet will be too high above the level of the mat. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Why does this use a mini usb port? I lost the original charging cable and had to dig to find a mini usb cable, have a million micro usb cables. Guess it has something to do with rate of charging.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Having trouble with it lately outside with 5-30 yards. Doesn't seem to be capturing a majority of the short game shots. Moved it front and back and it's on same level as mat. Will keep trying.

Steve

Note: This thread is 1517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!