IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think that disconnects the Mevo app from the Mevo itself.

Yeah, that's what I think. I'm gonna go with two devices next time, sounds like more work, but just during setup.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Just now, nevets88 said:

Yeah, that's what I think. I'm gonna go with two devices next time, sounds like more work, but just during setup.

Why? The Mevo video isn't larger, AFAIK. It's likely the same 720 frames (or whatever).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think that disconnects the Mevo app from the Mevo itself.

Yes, it does. That's how I eventually turned the Mevo off when it was in a bluetooth pinging mode.

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Ah, my mistake, I see.

Actually I recorded using the Mevo app. So the Mevo recorded video shows 19 seconds on the video I posted above when listed in the Photos app. A video of my swing via the Camera app that's pretty much exactly the same shows 3 seconds. Will have to download the videos to see just how much space they take. Might be the same exact size and all this is moot.

Can one set the Mevo app to data, no video, then switch to the Camera app to record video? Not sure, but doesn't the Mevo app need to be in the foreground to measure/talk to Mevo?

You can also just record normal speed video with the Mevo app with 3 seconds minimum record time. Then just treat slow motion swing analysis separately?

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Do you have enough time to setup everything with those 1/2 hour time slots? Or can you take a few consecutive time slots at your stall? (Guessing this was at the PGA superstore you discussed?)

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why? The Mevo video isn't larger, AFAIK. It's likely the same 720 frames (or whatever).

He might have limited memory on his iPhone with Mevo?

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's not the just the file size, I want to just leave the Mevo app be and I just really like the Camera app's interface.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

PSA: Kind of obvious, but when you register, you need to check your email and click the accept button or you won't be able to access your data on the website. I just assumed I was done with the register process after providing password in the app. 

Steve

18 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

PSA: Kind of obvious, but when you register, you need to check your email and click the accept button or you won't be able to access your data on the website. I just assumed I was done with the register process after providing password in the app. 

Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It took me a while to figure out why I couldn't access my data on the website. I had to double check the sign up e-mail to figure it out, too.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Also, about an hour with an iPhone 5, screen on, talking to the Mevo, data only (no video), no cell radio, no wifi, took about 6-7% of the battery and obviously, being an iPhone 5, a worn out battery. Having a separate screen for the Mevo, that works for me, prefer using one smartphone for radar, one for video, don't get ratholed into messing with Mevo app.

Steve

31 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It took me a while to figure out why I couldn't access my data on the website. I had to double check the sign up e-mail to figure it out, too.

Yeah, I never read that blurb that pops up for a fraction of a second either. I finally read the DIRECTIONS and realized all my data was there and not in some cloud based database only Flightscope had access. :-D

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Also, about an hour with an iPhone 5, screen on, talking to the Mevo, data only (no video), no cell radio, no wifi, took about 6-7% of the battery and obviously, being an iPhone 5, a worn out battery. Having a separate screen for the Mevo, that works for me, prefer using one smartphone for radar, one for video, don't get ratholed into messing with Mevo app.

The convenient thing about the Mevo app is that video triggers though shots. I find that part pretty nice.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Setup (off topic - a little too high, need to shorten legs next time):

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 1.44.03 PM.png

Is it okay if the Mevo is a little slanted? Does it need to be parallel to ground?

Yeah, I'm gonna take a pass on your simulator, golf store:

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 1.42.37 PM.png

Steve

18 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Is it okay if the Mevo is a little slanted? Does it need to be parallel to ground?

Might affect how it reads spin axis ;-)

BTW thank you all for sharing your insights and feedback, it will make it that much easier for me when I can finally use mine.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Might affect how it reads spin axis ;-)

BTW thank you all for sharing your insights and feedback, it will make it that much easier for me when I can finally use mine.

If only. :-P

Steve

Dumb question. So does it matter how much light there is for the Mevo to be effective? If you use it at night, it still works?

Steve

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Dumb question. So does it matter how much light there is for the Mevo to be effective? If you use it at night, it still works?

Yes.

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Loving the Mevo.

Tested my TaylorMade 3-wood against my PING G400...which one should I go with? ;-)

M1

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.22.13 PM.png

G400Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.22.01 PM.png

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

They're basically identical. :-) Looks like you can use whatever you want, Michael, on any given day. :-D

• Like 1

High forties on Tuesday. Gonna try and use it outdoors if it's warm enough.

Steve

Well, I finally hit full swing shots with wedges and 3W. Ran out of battery when I got to driver. Not sure why? It must have turned on in my bag since I charged it last Tuesday.

image.thumb.png.270353dd046bc840a0acfd5377b35597.png

image.thumb.png.d877865c1c11952cf93abca41bf5da67.png

image.thumb.png.9113cfdbfa5c707e10d31818131a2a2a.png

I was hoping to have some decent 3W shots to contrast with Mike's readings. And yup they contrast with his, that's why he's a scratch and I'm bogey. . . :-P

At least these are consistent with my last GG round with 3W off the tee typical distance of 241 yards.

image.thumb.png.edf6607697e6a162721b2518eec74f89.png

Hoping to get back on the range tomorrow afternoon for driver and some other irons. . .

I think I'm hitting fat and this was off a driving range mat. Pretty crappy, and if the swing speed is correct I should be getting way better shots than the crap I posted. :ninja:

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

6 hours ago, Lihu said:

Well, I finally hit full swing shots with wedges and 3W. Ran out of battery when I got to driver. Not sure why? It must have turned on in my bag since I charged it last Tuesday.

image.thumb.png.270353dd046bc840a0acfd5377b35597.png

image.thumb.png.d877865c1c11952cf93abca41bf5da67.png

image.thumb.png.9113cfdbfa5c707e10d31818131a2a2a.png

I was hoping to have some decent 3W shots to contrast with Mike's readings. And yup they contrast with his, that's why he's a scratch and I'm bogey. . . :-P

At least these are consistent with my last GG round with 3W off the tee typical distance of 241 yards.

image.thumb.png.edf6607697e6a162721b2518eec74f89.png

Hoping to get back on the range tomorrow afternoon for driver and some other irons. . .

I think I'm hitting fat and this was off a driving range mat. Pretty crappy, and if the swing speed is correct I should be getting way better shots than the crap I posted. :ninja:

The SW stats definitely show what I thought in the other thread - launch angle is your massive variable. 

P.S. I'll post my 3W too when mine arrives - that club goes all over the place. Currently, my Mevo package is still bouncing around every post office in New York...!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 1507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!