IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Get my handicap index back under 10.
Whew, I may scare myself if I start shooting 81s more often than 91s.
Gotta play more. Gotta putt more. 25-30 rounds a year just doesn't get it.
Over and out.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Improve to a 12-15 handicap, i'm only 18 and hope to be a sports psychologist for either a pro golfer or football team when i get my degree. My golf game now is at a fairly decent level, I hope to become more comfortable with my driver and my long, non-hybrid irons.
In the Bag:
Driver:Exotics XLD 10.5° Standard-Flex
Woods: Acuity Turbo Max
Hybrids: Acuity Turbo Max
Irons: Acuity Turbo MaxWedges: Acuity Turbo MaxPutter: X3 Double Milled 1200Shoes: Walter Hagen Tour StopGlove: Walter Hagen CadetBall:Tiger Shark Attack Life 4 - Distance
WeeT's "home...

I have a few goals this season:

-Work on my fitness, I want to gain some muscle so I feel better on the course and hopefully gain some yards with all clubs

-Focus on the tournaments I am entered into, I feel like I can win anytime I tee it up

-Establish my pre-shot routine even more, this means getting the proper things to think about also, having a positive attitude about everyshot will help me tremendously

-This one may be a little much, but you have to set your goals high - Get a hole in one, I have been close in the past and I believe I can get one this season

-Make it to the Canadian amateur championship, not only make it there, but I want to play my best and have no regrets about the tournament

i have been working alot over the winter on my strength, flexibility and my short game. i have also had a few lessons, so these are my goals
1 get to a 14 handicap
2 cut down on the 3 putts
3 hit more GIRs
4 try to break 80

Goals for 2008:
improve my GIR's by working on my mechanics and course management
drop my PPR consistently under 30 by spending more time on the practice green
improve my consistency when the pressures on, by focusing on the task instead of the possible results (committing to a shot)
my index should drop with these improvements
What's in Your Bag?
Driver: Burner TP (9.5*)
3Wood: 906F (15*)
4Wood: 980F (17*)
Hybrid: Burner (19*)Irons: MP-67 (4-PW)Gap: MP-R 52*-07Sand/Lob: MP-R 58*-10Putter: Whitlam Jules ETBW/CentershaftBall: Pro V1Muroc Lake GC - Par 72White:71.5/124Blue:73.5/130

Improve from 170 - 200 yards out.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

Consistently Shoot In The High 70's By August/september

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

One and only goal this year is to break 80!!

Try this site for stat tracking...

http://www.mobilegolfstats.com
Free Golf Score & Stat Tracker
----------------------------------------

Josh G. White
In My Bag:Driver: G5 standard stiff shaft3 & 5 Wood: V SteelIrons: 3100, 3-SWWedges: 588Putter: BladeBall: whatever I pull out of the bagWebsites:http://www.mobilegolfstats.comhttp://www.ridgeriding.comhttp://ww....

My putting has improved over the last 2 months (new grip) taking me from a 7.7 to a 6.8. Driver accuracy has improved since I started standing closer to the ball and a little more knee flex, hitting around the center most all the time.

Working hard on the weakest part of my game...50 to 30 yard shots. I think I am above average for my hcap on chipping, probably enjoy practicing it the most probably the reason.

Hope to be around a 3 by December.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I am looking forward to a strong year. Since the HS boys golf season was changed(Michigan), I am hoping to get off to a strong start and have a strong season. I plan to get my drivers license soon and will be spending my days on the range or course when I am not working. I got new irons this year and feel very positive for the upcoming season. My goals for 2008:

1). Begin weight training to improve my lower body, upper body, and core. I have been going regularly and have become a stronger golfer.

2). To make my high school golf team. I did this freshman year, but am not guaranteed, but feel confident and excited going into the season.

3). To become a more consistent golfer. I have been lately struggling with consistency, but with hard work and determination, I feel I can become better at it.

4). The lowest rounds in my life and been 85, twice. I hope to break 80 and try to stay there most of the season. I don't have an official handicap, but I hope that I can cut it in half, from where it already is.

5). To play 5-6 tournaments and hopefully qualify for the Michigan Junior Amateur Championship.

6). To have fun doing what I love to do and enjoy the outdoors.

Good luck to everyone else trying to accomplish their goals for the upcoming season.

i think that the way i hit the ball at the range, i can cut 20 strokes off of my game! i was hitting my irons straighter and farther than ever, and even can draw and fade on purpose, sort of......as far as equipment, i need to improve my wedges, and get a driver that isn't broken

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• Administrator
I'm borrowing heavily from my 2007 (and thus, my 2006) list, but when you get to be a low handicap, improvements are small.
  • Practice more. Part of this depends on when the driving/practice range at Whispering Woods is finished, because I think I practiced LESS last year than in 2006. This year I'm going to practice more (it's cheaper and takes less time, yet lets you work on more shots than you'll get playing) when possible.
  • Reduce handicap index to 2.0 or lower. Last year my goal was 2.9 and I got there a few times. This year I want to basically shave one more stroke off my rounds and get down to a 1.x handicap. My "fallback flaws" have largely gone away, and if I can make a few more of those longer putts and get a little more consistent, I'm right there.
  • Mentally commit to every shot prior to hitting it. Shots inside of 1 foot excluded, of course. I didn't even come close to meeting this goal in 2006 or 2007, but I got better. As I said then, this will be the toughest goal, bar none, to meet because it's too easy to just step up and hit a shot right after joking around with the guys and not pay much attention.
  • Work on the short game. Stop using the lack of a short game practice area as an excuse. Make the time to practice the short game on the course. Also work at home extensively with training aids like the Z-Factor.
  • Improve my lag. I'm leaving some distance on the table. I make good contact but could improve my lag a bit to get a little more distance. 155-yard 7-irons may be "okay," but they're not where someone of my caliber should be. Any course of 7000 yards is quite long for me.
  • One round in the 60s. I don't even care if they're from a set of tees a bit further forward than I'd normally play - I want at least one round in the 60s from men's tees.
  • Some stats: Score (avg): 76, FWY: 60%, GIR 55%, Total Putts: 30, PPGIR: 1.75, PPMGIR: 1.35.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Practice more - Go to range and/or practice green, not automatically the first tee box when I get to the course
  • Break 80/40 more often & Drop handicap to single digits - Broke 80 for the first time ever in the league championship last year. Less screwing around, hitting stupid hi risk shots.
  • Less 3-putts - Concentrate more on line and speed rather than how much I left myself. Be less pessimistic of my putting.
  • Concentrate on the next shot - That last shot is done and over with....what do we do from here.
  • Play often! - if this coldness ever ends....

-By April 14th, choose ONE putter and stick with it for the rest of the year. (Currently a battle between SIX(!!!) putters)

-Don't hit range balls more than once a week. Practice PUTTING.

-Keep hitting the ball well, but stop sucking it up with the flatstick.

I am just so unbelievably frustrated with the putter(s) right now. I have had three 9-hole rounds so far (out of 4) with at least 6 GIRS, and I haven't broken par yet.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

• Break 100 by end of year. Right now I am hovering over this number, and by the end of this season I hope to shoot in the double digits every time I play.
  • Become a better ball striker Early this year I have been hitting way to many shots fat(this may have something to do with the muddy conditions). I need to be able to hit the ball before I hit the ground.
  • Visualize each shot and trust that I will hit that shot pretty self-explanatory, but I need to be confident that I can hit any shot I visualize.
  • Make 2 putts the rule, and 3 putts the exception This is probably the most important goal, I need to take as many strokes of my handicap as I can, and this is the fastest way to do that.
  • Increase swing speed I have a pretty fundamentally sound swing, but the distance isn't there. Bottom line:the ball needs to go further.
  • Play more rounds overall After school(and the golf team) ends, I want to get out at least once every week.

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!