IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge April 2017

Note: This thread is 2554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12/4/17 - 10 minutes of slow motion swings trying to tie together the feelings of left arm being less active in takeaway, shallowing the club more in the downswing and really getting my hips rotating through. Off on holiday tomorrow so I'm going to need to read up on some things to do without a club!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4/12/17:

Worked on my turn, balance, and setup this morning. In the mirror in my bathroom while brushing my teeth. Thinking get my back to the target at the top, and face the target at the finish.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

April 12 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on turn from the top again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12th April:- Further full swing practice, outdoors, 10 mins. Now the A2 position is improving, the main thought was to complete the backswing. Focused on making a complete turn from A2 to A4, with the right hip turning toward the target (centered hip turn). Each part builds on the preceding one.

Chris.:roll:

4/12: The weather's nice, but the mosquitoes are back...so just a few minutes hitting balls and about 10 minutes of putting tonight.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

4/12:  After watching my Bruins pull out a big Game 1 win despite a rash of injuries... ;-)
5 mins. wall drills w/club, super slo-mo--focus on butt end of club tracing plane with a proper drop into the slot and no flip (was impossible when doing these 2 things)
The feeling really clicked w/me as exactly the feeling I had when hitting it so well on the last half of my 9 yesterday. May add this drill to my pre-session warmup to establish that feel from the start.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

4/13 - missed a few days; just not feeling it lately. Did some shoulder rehab/prehab for next surgery. Did some kettle bells swings for forward weight shift with focus on centered hip turn. Continuing to improve there slowly in time.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

13/4/17 - Spent five minutes practising my backswing motion without a club (plan on doing the same every day we're in Rome) - quite interesting to see to what extent I'm actually getting these positions.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

April 13 - Mirror work in the gym. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

4/13/17:

Hit some smooth SW, 9i, 7i, 4i, and Drivers this morning. Right around 5 balls each, focusing on balance, timing and in-line impact.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

April 13th:- 10 mins full swing practice, 6 iron, outdoors, no ball. Slow practice swings are definitely a big key to effective practice, and also one of the easiest things to forget. Still working on the backswing overall, focusing on a bit more right wrist cup at A2.

Chris.:roll:

4/13:  20 min. range session, focus on move from last night's practice (butt of grip dropping into slot and tracing plane into ball)
Walked 9 holes, focus on same concept.  Had some major pinseekers mixed in.  1 birdie (par 3), just missed 2 others.  Still had a few stinkers mixed in (late), but can easily see quantity of really good shots increasing.  Putting was better.  However, my former strength (wedge game) has gone off the rails...hit 3 partial wedges totally fat. :-(  Don't understand that, as my iron game is starting to look sharp.  Will need to focus on that in upcoming practice time & work it out.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

So i found a range here in Seattle, the Interbay and i hit a 7 iron until I could hit no more! The game was to step up from each green to the next with 5 strikes before advancing, starting with 85 yards, then 105 yards, 135 yards and finally 149 yards.

the game was great for my ball striking because at 85 yards with a 7 iron, it is all about contact--you can blade there. As the distance got longer and i got more  tired, contact wasn't enough so I needed body turn too. 

It wasn't until the end though that I found strengthening my grip added distance too. 

My hands got tired so my grip became progressively lighter. However, i could still hit the ball with distance--another important lesson for me

Tomorrow i will regret this exercise, (gonna be sore) but I will be on planes all day so it won't matter.

Edited by Mico
Edited for clarity

April 14 - Shoulder turn work while on conference call.

Scott

My Swing Thread

14/4/17 - more 'no club' feel work and really trying to get my hips to start the downswing in slow motion. Like the feel and I quite enjoy doing this with no feel of where the clubhead would actually be - I know they're the right motions, so it's good to disconnect from any feel of what the ball would do.

Note: This thread is 2554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!