IGNORED

Why no TV for Lorena Ochoa MatchPlay?

MrGolfguy67
Note: This thread is 2540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't know about anyone else but I find this very disappointing.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought the LPGA was a big enough deal now to have every event televised; guess not.

Don't you shank no more 

I'm going to guess it has to do with Match Play being harder to cover (meaning can't just follow a couple of leaders, must cover more of the course to get coverage of top players, and the likelihood of many matches not going past 15 or 16 holes).

And maybe it is harder to compete with the Kentucky Derby, Hockey World Championships, MLS, College baseball/softball, Euro GolfSixes.

Players play, tough players win!

I agree with Wally...plus if a few upsets happen you will have ladies that nobody has heard about unless they are die hard golf fans. 

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I understand your points but honestly that is pretty lame; don't televise an event because, maybe, lesser known players might upset better known players and the viewers wouldn't know who they were watching?

That's one of the things that makes match play so cool

Don't you shank no more 

18 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

And maybe it is harder to compete with the Kentucky Derby, Hockey World Championships, MLS, College baseball/softball, Euro GolfSixes.

Yeah, but the golf channel broadcast the first round of the Wells Fargo four times. (2 pm, 7 pm, 11 pm, and even 3 am overnight)

Almost like they wanted to make a point of not broadcasting the ladies.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

21 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Yeah, but the golf channel broadcast the first round of the Wells Fargo four times. (2 pm, 7 pm, 11 pm, and even 3 am overnight)

Exactly.

Besides, anybody watching the LPGA tour is likely a die hard golf fan that understands match play and is not going to turn it off just because the top names might get eliminated early.

Don't you shank no more 

5 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Well once they have recorded it then it doesn't cost anything to rebroadcast; to cover the LPGA event would require quite an investment in equipment and people.

Here is the statement about TV coverage from the LPGAtour

NOTE REGARDING TELEVISION COVERAGE

The Citibanamex Lorena Ochoa Match Play presented by Aeromexico and Delta will not be televised this week. While the LPGA strives to provide its worldwide audience and partners with premier television programming, the LPGA released the Lorena Ochoa Match Play organizers from their TV commitment due to tournament budget constraints. However, the LPGA will continue to work with the LOMP team to ensure television coverage in future years. Please go to LPGA.com and the LPGA app for reports throughout the week and live scoring on competition days, and follow us on Twitter at @LPGA and @LOYMEXICO for regular updates on the matches. Mexican broadcaster Grupo Televisa will air a 30-minute highlights package on the Saturday and Sunday of the Match Play while Golf Channel will carry a highlights/update package in the United States for Golf Central on each of the four days of competition. We will also be streaming on Facebook Live some of the press conferences and we plan to provide additional coverage of live action from the Hall of Fame exhibition matches over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

So while I was at the LPGA site they have todays results posted and here are the highlights.

Upsets so far include
Thursday:
1- In Gee Chun (2&10
2- Ha Na Jang (1 down)
3 - Stacy Lewis (1 down)
4 - Gerina Piller (2&1)
5- Mo Martin (1 down)

1- Inbee Park (loses 3&)
2 - Sung Hyan Park (loses 2&1)
4 - Jessica Korda (5&4)
5 - Brittany Lang (4&3)

More here - http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/lorena-ochoa-match-play/leaderboard?round=1

• Upvote 1

This would have been interesting to watch.   I love to watch match play and it looks like there were several close matches, including the upsets that @Wally Fairway posted previously.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

14 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Well once they have recorded it then it doesn't cost anything to rebroadcast; to cover the LPGA event would require quite an investment in equipment and people.

Here is the statement about TV coverage from the LPGAtour

Thanks for posting this.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!