IGNORED

Do You Prefer to Walk or Ride?

whip_it_out
Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you prefer to walk or ride? (on a walk-able course)  

120 members have voted

1. 1. If you're playing 9 holes, do you prefer to walk or ride?

• Walk
    • Ride
    • Either is fine, depends on my mood, playing partners, or some other reason
  2. 2. If you're playing 18 holes, do you prefer to walk or ride?

• Walk
    • Ride
    • Either is fine, depends on my mood, playing partners, or some other reason
  3. 3. If/when you walk, do you feel that you score better, worse, or no difference?

• Score better when I walk
    • Score worse when I walk
    • No difference in score when I walk

I walked 18 and carried my clubs once in 90 degree heat with probably 80% humidity.  Then I went home and slept for 30 hours straight.  I haven't walked a round since.

I'll walk if I have the time. Most times I have to finish as quickly as possible to avoid as much wrath as I can so I ride. It doesn't save a lot of time but 15-20 minutes earlier coming in the door can mean a lot depending on the mood :-P I've walked several times where it was so hot I had to stop and sit down to keep from passing out when I couldn't afford the extra money on a cart but still wanted to golf.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Might have mentioned this before but..I will walk if I am only playing 9 or 18.  If I am playing twilight it is only $10 more for a cart for me.  I can many times almost double the amount of holes I can get in with a cart vs. walking.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I walked 18 and carried my clubs once in 90 degree heat with probably 80% humidity.  Then I went home and slept for 30 hours straight.  I haven't walked a round since.

Wait, how is this unpleasant?

On topic. I walk when it costs an extra $14, because I'm cheap and it gives me exercise. I did find myself out of breath getting to my tee shots a few times, yesterday. I guess I need to get used to taking my time, and not be so anxious. Might even save me some strokes (ambiguity intended).

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Wait, how is this unpleasant?

On topic. I walk when it costs an extra $14, because I'm cheap and it gives me exercise. I did find myself out of breath getting to my tee shots a few times, yesterday. I guess I need to get used to taking my time, and not be so anxious. Might even save me some strokes (ambiguity intended).

Wait, it cost more for you to walk than ride?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

The weather isn't unpleasant, taking a day and a half to recover from the massive energy drain it causes is what's no bueno.

I really should walk more though, I'm sure the extra exercise would be good.

Wait, it cost more for you to walk than ride?

I probably should have re-worded that, it costs an additional $14 for the cart. There is one place where it's only $21 super twilight with cart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strandly

The weather isn't unpleasant, taking a day and a half to recover from the massive energy drain it causes is what's no bueno.

I really should walk more though, I'm sure the extra exercise would be good.

You will gain some health back by walking. Start off with 9 holes, then work your way up to 18.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I prefer to walk and course designs that support walking ... however, living on the surface of the sun during the summer with temp 105+ its not healthy.

But I will walk every chance I get ,,, I like walking up to my shot and already planning it

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I prefer to walk and course designs that support walking ... however, living on the surface of the sun during the summer with temp 105+ its not healthy.

But I will walk every chance I get ,,, I like walking up to my shot and already planning it

I thought you were exaggerating, until I saw your location. Yes, it gets pretty hot in AZ. Pretty hot here too in So. Cal., but nothing compared to what you guys get.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I probably should have re-worded that, it costs an additional $14 for the cart. There is one place where it's only $21 super twilight with cart.

We have a pretty nice course here that has all you can golf after 2 pm on weekends for 25 with a cart. I like to try to take advantage of that as much as I can.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by isukgolf

I thought you were exaggerating, until I saw your location. Yes, it gets pretty hot in AZ. Pretty hot here too in So. Cal., but nothing compared to what you guys get.

Denver also tops 100 in July/August, with thin air as well.  I used to be a confirmed walker, now I'm a rider.  It works both ways.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I actually tone it down a few degree's ... I play even on those 115 days after work.

It seems like less and less courses are designed to be walked ... long stretches between holes.  That's why I am a big fan of older style courses.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

If I'm playing 9 I usually walk. Otherwise, I ride or else my left knee will hate me the next day.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Yeah the heat and humidity is very tame here so there's little reason to not walk.  It would probably improve my game too since bad shots would punish me with even more walking.  Ha

"Golf is a nice long walk spoiled."

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

"Golf is a nice long walk spoiled."

Actually, the quote by Mark Twain did not contain the word "long" (He wrote "Golf is a good walk spoiled"), but more pertinent, that statement was made before the invention of the automobile.  He didn't have the option. :smartass:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Insert Debbie Downer sound byte...wuuummmp ....wuuuuuhhh

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!