whip_it_out

Do You Prefer to Walk or Ride?

Do you prefer to walk or ride? (on a walk-able course)  

99 members have voted

1. 1. If you're playing 9 holes, do you prefer to walk or ride?

• Walk
    • Ride
    • Either is fine, depends on my mood, playing partners, or some other reason
  2. 2. If you're playing 18 holes, do you prefer to walk or ride?

• Walk
    • Ride
    • Either is fine, depends on my mood, playing partners, or some other reason
  3. 3. If/when you walk, do you feel that you score better, worse, or no difference?

• Score better when I walk
    • Score worse when I walk
    • No difference in score when I walk

251 posts / 29973 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I prefer to walk, but obviously there are some courses where this is excessive, although they usually require carts in that case around here. So walking it is for me, but riding's cool too.

Riding for me. It helps give me as much time as possible to focus on my shot, and while looking for lost golf balls, especially if I'm playing with guys who are walking.

I've been a member at 4 private clubs around the country over the years. I recently joined Cedar Point CC in Suffolk, VA. It's the first club I've belonged to that allows walking. They have available "speed" push carts that allow one to walk and not be limited to a light weight carry bag. As for speed of play I see little difference. Plus, being a mid-capper I don't have to carry half my clubs with me to the area around the green. No worries about the 90 degree rule or the dreaded "Cart Paths Only".

Usually when I play on the weekends I'll end up riding just b/c the rest of my normal foursome like to ride rather than walk. If I'm playing during the week I have my own push cart that I walk with, plus it keeps the cost down a little bit.

I rarely ever ride. I find it tightens up my back and just throws off my rhythm. Drive, sit there and wait to hit the shot etc....

I have had a history of a bad back and did it in pretty good for almost a month. I just bought a cart bag and a clicgear 2.0 cart. I've played two rounds with it and my back feels so much better at the end of the round not packing my clubs.

Almost always walk. Only time I ride is during the odd fun tournament when everyone else wants to ride, and there are usually more drinks drank then putts made.

During the golf season here I play probably close to 5 or 6 rounds of 18 holes per week and the course has a lot of elevation change so it's a good work out. Like others have said, riding seems to throw my game off a bit. I also tend to be just as fast as a lot of cart golfers when there are cart paths and 90 degree rules in effect.

I prefer to ride. It usually shortens the time of my round. If I am with a group that is slow I will walk. Slow play irritates me. Especially when you play with guys who take a million practice swings, try to judge the wind, change clubs a few times only to top/shank/slice/hook the ball all over the course.

Just wondering, I like to walk for the record.

I always walk, for these reasons:

1. I like the exercise, and even though I work out, walking with a bag on my back is a good complement to the work out regimen. 2. It helps clear my head and help me plan and prepare for the next shot. 3. Golf is a great way to enjoy nature, and you notice so much more when you walk. This is especially true on a golf course that is built through the woods and deer, wild turkey, blue herons, etc. are likely to "show up" at any moment. 4. Walking the course helps me "get into rhythm", and I make smoother swings as a result. If I play in an event that requries carts, I throw my bag on the machine, and let my partner know that I will be walking unless his ball is some distance away, and I need to move the cart to keep play going.