IGNORED

Anyone used Thomas Golf hybrids?

Hello,

Has anyone used Thomas hybrid golf clubs please?

I am having a back repair (68 yrs) and am considering hybrids as a

way of continuing to play golf if my movement becomes more restricted.

Also how do reduce the line spacing on the tags and replies?

Thanks and regards,

Dennis

Edited by Dennis JA
Auto correct rubbish

Since it's been 4 days and no replies, I guess no one uses them. I've never heard of them. Who knows they could be great. Enlighten us, please.

As for hybrids in general, I love them! I get long iron loft and distance, but I can actually get the ball up off the ground! I no longer carry an iron lower in number than 6!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Good day Bucky,

They are an American company, google Thomas Golf, the company offers good results and of course testimonials. Nothing like genuine feed back though.

My interest is related to using the hybrids after upcoming back correction surgery.

I am 68 and would like more years of golf.

I do have some hybrids (Callahan RZR X #3 & #4) and like them. 

I believe that the hybrids may help me to continue to play.

Thanks for your interest, regards Dennis

Edited by Dennis JA
Grammar

7 hours ago, Dennis JA said:

Good day Bucky,

They are an American company, google Thomas Golf, the company offers good results and of course testimonials. Nothing like genuine feed back though.

My interest is related to using the hybrids after upcoming back correction surgery.

I am 68 and would like more years of golf.

I do have some hybrids (Callahan RZR X #3 & #4) and like them. 

I believe that the hybrids may help me to continue to play.

Thanks for your interest, regards Dennis

Sure you don't mean Callaway?

Good to know. Always searching for info. Some years back when I found I couldn't hit my 2 iron over a sports car at 30 yards, I decided I need to look into hybrids, which were brand new on the market. The first one I bought was a Cleveland 2 hybrid which is still in my bag! It's a great club, and I can hit it long and straight, and get it up in the air! You're 4 years older than me. Definitely check out the hybrids.

Like I said above, I don't carry an iron lower in number than a 6 anymore!

Edited by Buckeyebowman

What kind of back surgery, DJ? Some involve more restriction in movement, others less. Some require a longer recuperation, some less. I had what nowadays is considered "minor" surgery, a laminectomy, last November. I began practicing at a little over 4 months. I would suggest a good sports backbrace, though. I now practice 2-3 times a week and play at least once a week. I'm coming up on my 72nd b-day. 

But about hybrids...I think all should use them. I have two types: direct long iron replacements that are the length of and mimic the irons they replace; and traditional that are longer in length and may (for some) replace fairway woods. I would suggest lighter shafts, steel or graphite. AND that you see a professional fitter. But the search is really FUN! 

Finally, I have hit the Thomas clubs. A friend had a full set. He played well with them, and I found them easy to hit. Their are other brands out there. Good luck with surgery and in your fun search for new clubs! Keep us posted.  -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Hello Marv, things for me have changed. The surgery outcome would not really gain me a huge amount. I would have to say that suits me just fine. I am therefore working on my game from a different perspective. It would have been 2 long surgeries about a week apart.

All of the golf work is done by my shoulders and arms, no weight shift etc. This is beginning to show results. Driver to 200 metres, 5 wood about 170 and so on.

I have 2 Callaway hybrids and intend to buy a #5. While I am not a long hitter, I am forced to be a straight hitter. Overall I am enjoying the game. 

Thank you for your interest and help,

Kind regards, Dennis

Dennis, I sure understand your comments. Even before surgery, my swing was slowing, and while I no longer have the terrific pain in my legs and can turn a bit, my swing is still slow. Drives are 180-190 carry but straight, so I must "own" the second shot. Where possible, that's where the 5 wood or long hybrids come in if they are working that day. I just make sure that what ever happens, I can get on the green and use the putter. Scores are slowly dropping. And I too am enjoying the game. Best wishes, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2017 at 7:49 PM, Dennis JA said:

Hello,

Has anyone used Thomas hybrid golf clubs please?

I am having a back repair (68 yrs) and am considering hybrids as a

way of continuing to play golf if my movement becomes more restricted.

Also how do reduce the line spacing on the tags and replies?

Thanks and regards,

Dennis

I use the entire at-705 set 4-SW. Breaking 80 now. Like them a lot because they fit my natural swing the better than traditional fairways and irons.

• 3 months later...

Just had a full Laminectomy  Oct 10 anyone know a good swing coach in South Jersey Atlantic City area-am a 15 hcp was playing 2 times/ wk had surgery on my 63 bday tks

I use the Thomas Golf 3H and 4H...I like them, find them not to be extremely long but they are consistent and I continue to play with them for the past 3 years.  I tried a few others but settled on the Thomas Golf 3H and 4 H and am still playing with them and not looking to replace them...That is the best info I can give you...

My first year playing (when 55yrs. old) I purchased a Thomas Golf 1H (16L) on the internet, looking for a 1 iron. The plan was to use it to replace the driver, which I could not hit straight enough to save me at that time. The club looked great and was ok, but I was new to the game and I got as much distance from Cleveland Mashie 2H, and played with the Mashie 2H (18L) and 4H(23L) for several years thereafter. Didn't really give the Thomas club a chance. I use Callaway 5H and 4H now, not off the tee, but for long clubs off the fairway. I do tend to pull the hybrids and have to adjust for that. Hybrids are probably the best of my options for shots 170 yards and over. I experiment from time to time with woods and long irons, but the hybrids quickly find there way back to my bag.

• 1 year later...

Thomas Golf is a company that you should advoid. At one time their product was very good, professionally built. Not any longer! Since the mailing address is the same as a golf component company, HIREKO, they either combined or were bought out? In any case, the workmanship of the club I recently received is terrible! Also, Customer Service will not return emails. Also, phone calls go to pre recorded messages. You are better off dealing with another company!

• 6 months later...

What a difference a few months make. The prior comment about Thomas Golf seemed to be negative. Recently I purchased a full set of Thomas Golf hybrids. First and foremost, I found the customer service to be extraordinarily great. I traded emails with a very through and professional man and was fitted on-line by information I provided the gentleman. I selected a senior, graphite shaft. I'm really enjoying this set of clubs/hybrids and the quality is not questioned. All in all, I would highly recommend Thomas Golf if "you" are considering changing to hybrids. The price of $119.00 for each club is unbeatable. (Grips and head covers were included.) I am a genuine consumer and not affiliated with Thomas Golf in any manner, nor; was I rewarded in any way to write this comment.  

I have 3 of their hybrids, and what makes them stand out is lack of offset they have. Many complain about hybrids being 'hooking machines', not these. That was the first thing I noticed, how they stayed straight like my irons. Great quality too. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• 1 month later...

These are lovely clubs for older players in my opinion (as a 70 yr old) I bought them three years and love them but find the don't appear to go as far as I would expect but this may be dueto my aging but may notice a reduction in distance due to the weight dispersion of the Thomas golf clubs being very low and deep in the face of the club which promotes a higher flight required by many amateur golfers. 

I used them many years ago when learning to play as I couldn’t hit a iron at all. Gave up on them about 5 years ago as wanted to try something with a brand name , well that was a mistake.

I just got the Thomas hybrids back from a friend who I have them too..new grips and love them again...East to get in the air from most lies and hitting the ball straight again.