IGNORED

Temporary (hopefully ) Loss of Muscular Coordination

JonMA1
Note: This thread is 2472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have you ever had a day when you can't seem do anything right? Like you have almost no control over your body?

I played poorly on Wednesday but was still able to pull off a few decent shots. Today was a different level of bad. I can't think of a good analogy... maybe one of those dreams where you try to run but your feet are stuck in wet concrete. I tried to blow off bad shot after bad shot, but it soon became obvious that this was something I couldn't workout. At that point it becomes almost humorous... almost.

The strengths of my game became those of someone going out on a golf course for the first time ever. As for my weaknesses... if I was goofing off and trying to putt poorly on purpose, I couldn't have done a better job of looking like an idiot out there.

On my best day I'm not a very good golfer, but I'm curious as to whether what happened today will continue, or if it's just one of those inexplicable phases that will pass.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have days like that from time to time. I'll get to the range and my arms or my legs just don't want to work with the rest of my body. Instead of trying to hit good shots I just take the time to do drills. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

24 minutes ago, jamo said:

I have days like that from time to time. I'll get to the range and my arms or my legs just don't want to work with the rest of my body. Instead of trying to hit good shots I just take the time to do drills. 

This...but if it isn't working on the range, it's time to head home for the day.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

It's just one of those inexplicable phases that will pass.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

2 hours ago, RandallT said:

Let's go with this being temporary Jon! 

Back at it tomorrow :beer:

I was worried that someone might blame this on Biorhythms (for those of you too young to remember this) and then tell me I need to be fitted for new equipment.

It's a weird thing that happens to me from time to time and I'm not surprised others experience it. Today it was extreme and across the board.... every club, every type of shot, pitches, putts... even decision making. I wonder why it occurred. It's been a pretty taxing week on a personal level and I probably haven't had much in the way of normal sleep. Who knows?

I just don't want it to spawn an unnecessary, knee-jerk change in what has been an otherwise functional swing.

Jon

4 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

I played poorly on Wednesday but was still able to pull off a few decent shots. Today was a different level of bad. I can't think of a good analogy... maybe one of those dreams where you try to run but your feet are stuck in wet concrete...

If you feel like this overall, even off the golf course, go to the doctor for a check-up.

Some people suffer mini-strokes, which pass quickly but can do long-term damage to the body. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I have relatives and golf friends who have suffered mini strokes.

Hope you're feeling well overall.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Just now, WUTiger said:

If you feel like this overall, even off the golf course, go to the doctor for a check-up.

Some people suffer mini-strokes, which pass quickly but can do long-term damage to the body. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I have relatives and golf friends who have suffered mini strokes.

Hope you're feeling well overall.

Thanks for your concern and I didn't mean to make it sound that dramatic.

To be honest, I thought it might be a heat related thing. The temps were only in the low 80's but I was doing some running to stay ahead of the group behind me (I was staying hydrated). By the end of the round I was pretty exhausted and the lack of coordination may have worsened towards the end. But really, I was already "off" at the first tee.

It was likely just a bad day but I'll take your advice seriously. Thanks again.

Jon

I get days like this when my body is just not working. Sometimes it is injury or stiffness/soreness. With my injuries now, I really notice it. Some days my left knee seems loose or funky and even with the brace I don't seem to pivot with it very well. When I figure that out, I can usually compensate or focus around it. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!