IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear Revitalized in 2017 (**Two New Models!**)

Note: This thread is 1226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like them both fine. I've got a few pairs that I like, but don't generally wear on the course. I don't really need to replace them at the moment. I do hope True has turned themselves around, because I really liked some of their earlier shoes.

I am in the market for a new pair of spiked shoes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

If you're on the fence, HOP OFF!

http://truelinkswear.com/30-day-trial/

They have a free 30-day trial. Buy a pair, walk around your house, and if you don't instantly love 'em, send them back. But you'll love 'em, and want to play golf with them soon, so do this on a nice day. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, billchao said:

I like the look of the Originals and I don't generally like True's aesthetic. Will wait and see how the waterproofing holds up, which is the #1 factor for me when it comes to golf shoes.

Though honestly I'm not in the market for shoes atm. I need to stop looking at things I want to buy :whistle:

I'm with ya on the waterproof issue.  I took a long break from golf and just getting back in to it and always walk (typically early in the AM).  I bought some True Motions and love the feel of them but my feet are soaked after the first 3 holes from morning dew.  I sent True an email and asked what they recommend I treat the leather with to get a better waterproof seal and they gave me an awesome store credit- without me asking.  I like the new style and the company made it right by me so they have a long term customer if the waterproof issue is resolved.

I think the black originals are going to make their way into my locker.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Climber said:

I'm with ya on the waterproof issue.  I took a long break from golf and just getting back in to it and always walk (typically early in the AM).  I bought some True Motions and love the feel of them but my feet are soaked after the first 3 holes from morning dew.  I sent True an email and asked what they recommend I treat the leather with to get a better waterproof seal and they gave me an awesome store credit- without me asking.  I like the new style and the company made it right by me so they have a long term customer if the waterproof issue is resolved.

Yeah, they acknowledge their past issues in the middle of their existence:

We’ll be the first to admit that through our growth and evolution, not every product over the last eight years has been a perfect demonstration of our core motivation. So, recently we've been working in the background to drastically change the framework of our business model, getting back to our roots all so we can deliver our best product yet.

http://truelinkswear.com/business-model/

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My pre-order is in for a pair of Originals.. I hope these Originals are as good as the original Originals. LOL.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

On 8/23/2017 at 3:18 PM, Climber said:

I'm with ya on the waterproof issue.  I took a long break from golf and just getting back in to it and always walk (typically early in the AM).  I bought some True Motions and love the feel of them but my feet are soaked after the first 3 holes from morning dew.

That's exactly the reason I need good waterproofing. It's not as bad in the summer, but in the spring and fall, the dew lasts quite a while and I usually tee off just after dawn.

On 8/24/2017 at 1:51 PM, Climber said:

Just placed a pre-order for some Originals and will update after a few rounds once received. 

Looking forward to it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The review is being published tomorrow.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/apparel/true_linkswear_outsider_shoe_review

That link will work after 9am tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Late this afternoon UPS delivered my pair of True Originals. They look much better than the original Originals I had several years ago.  I'll be trying them out tomorrow morning.

I also had an email correspondence with True about the Lyt's that gave me blisters. They gave me a 50 dollar credit so, I bought a pair of Outsider's. They should be here sometime next week. 

Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

Played Friday and Monday in the new Originals.. IMO, it's a much improved shoe, I really like what they did to them. I found them to be comfortable and most importantly dry. We play every weekday morning at 0800 and being walkers the shoes tend to get really wet from the dew.

With my previous "other brand"  foot wear they would soak right through after several holes and when I got home I'd have to leave them out in the sun to dry out. I don't have to worry about doing this with the Trues.

Then yesterday afternoon the UPS guy shows up with the True Outsiders. I opened the box, looked them over, and just thought "WOW...these are great". A different design style than the Originals and I couldn't wait to try them on.. so I wore them around the house. LOL. 

I wore them on our round of 18 this morning. No disappointments here. Like the Originals they are comfortable and dry. My footing felt secure and didn't have any issues with "slippage" on the steep portions of the course in the morning dew.  This also holds true with the Originals.

IMO, I find it's best to put these shoes on with the assistance of a shoehorn so one doesn't breakdown the heel or the shoe liner. They are a snug fit to get on.

Now the hard part... which pair to wear... I really like them both. But, seeing that I have 2 rounds on the Originals and 1 on the outsiders, I'm going with the Outsiders tomorrow morning.  After that who knows..LOL.

Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro

• Administrator

I wore the Originals for the first time today, and I think I like them just a tiny bit better than the Outsider I reviewed.

They're fantastic!

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

I wore the Originals for the first time today, and I think I like them just a tiny bit better than the Outsider I reviewed.

Nice...this is good to hear.  I don't love the look of the Outsider, so the Original will be the shoe for me if (when) I take the plunge.

Any specific differences?  Or just slight comfort/style preference for the Original?

- John

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Nice...this is good to hear.  I don't love the look of the Outsider, so the Original will be the shoe for me if (when) I take the plunge.

Any specific differences?  Or just slight comfort/style preference for the Original?

B, yeah, the slightly different fit (more contoured, less "straight" sides or something?) and the style is maybe a little fresher.

But I like the style of the other, too. I think it looks a lot better on your foot than in photos.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

They're fantastic!

I agree, they are fantastic. It is an interesting shoe. Every time I put them on they feel a bit snug, but then they mold to the foot for a great fit. Over the course of they day they get more comfortable. 

I tend to wear a slightly wider shoe, this shoe fits perfect. I am very happy with this buy and probably will but a few more pairs soon. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

OK, I've walked 36 holes in each of the True shoes. Both the Original and the Outsiders were "brand new" right out of the box.

I found both pair were very comfortable, afforded excellent traction on the wet "morning dew" grass and both kept my feet dry. I experienced no slippage walking or during golf strokes.

As to preference... I'm going to have to say the Originals. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the the Outsiders. BUT, from the point of view of someone that walks 18 holes 5 days a week and puts a lot of tough miles on shoes and feet... I need a shoe to be as comfortable as possible.

I lean towards the Originals because of their "smooth toe box". I found that they are a bit more flexible where the foot hinges while walking. The Outsiders toe box is stitched around the top section and the flex is a little bit stiffer possibly due to this.. If one flexes both shoes in their hands they will find the Originals will flex much easier at this foot pivot point.

Would I buy the Outsiders again?? I certainly would and probably will as they are a great good looking shoe. You could probably go out on a night on the town in the Outsiders. 

Based on my totally unscientific weighing of each pair of shoes on my wife's digital bathroom scale, the Originals came in at 1.8 pounds and the Outsiders at an even 2,0 pounds. 

• Informative 1

Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro

Original looks really good but the Outsider looks perfect for wogging in the mall with khakis pulled over your belly button while working up an appetite for County Buffet. Should be a big hit for the assisted living set. I loved the Sensei, still have 3 pair NIB,  make it waterproof and you have my business for life. 

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 1226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!