IGNORED

Oregon - Forest fire right behind golf course

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure if this is fake. From what I'm reading in the comments, it's not. Raining ash in OR and WA? Stay safe. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What's the source?  Feels fake to me.  I grew up in a very dry area of Southern California.  Wildfires happened most summers so have been through literally dozens within miles of my house  The one in the picture seems pretty big in my experience to not at least shut businesses down near it.  A shift in wind and the smoke alone...

I did an image search to see if I could find any corroborating images or video and found this:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/northwest/surrounded-by-fires-in-oregon-cle-elum-evacuations-underway-air-quality-plummets/

Video is at the bottom of the piece.

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 3.01.33 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Holy Jeez

Well, if the world is burning, I guess playing golf isn't a bad way to go. Air quality must suck at that course.

Steve

Yea, where I grew up about 30 miles outside of LA, when a fire large enough got close they would shutdown all the businesses in the area.  Not all the reasons were for fire danger per se, as they suggested that all buildings close all their vents cuz once smoke got in, it takes awhile to get the smell out.  That said, there were hardly any official evacuations, so I suppose a golf course could still run.  Might be your last chance to hit it into that tree on that risky dogleg...

I'm in Spokane and the air sucks.  currently at 239 which is "very unhealthy".  Problem is a high pressure system is keeping all the smoke from blowing out.  My office smells like a campfire. 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

OMG,  my best to all out that way. Scary

Cobra Max Irons......Cobra F7 Hybrid..... 

A cheap Wedge and Driver I picked up online....

A bunch of Balls.... and a bag for it all.

These terrifying pictures of people golfing while a hill goes up in flames behind them are real

http://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires/index.ssf/2017/09/these_terrifying_pictures_of_p.html

Steve

The smoke stayed in higher elevations around me the last few days, but the air was full of ash.  So you could see it everywhere.  There was a period about a month ago from a fire in British Columbia, I think, that made our course look like dense fog for two weeks. It rained here today but the big fire is further south and east and most likely not going to get a drop.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Note: This thread is 2394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!