IGNORED

Glove?

muskegman
Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you wear a glove?

• Glove
    • No glove
    • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I always play with a glove. My hands sweat too much in the summer. Although these new multi compound grips from Golf Pride are pretty good at keeping the sweat away.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gloves, there all part of the look, Ive got to have them. Ive tried almost every glove. My favorite leather glove is the stasof but it dies fast. Mizuno makes a decent feeling glove and f3 is good too. As long as it is soft and I can feel the club, gloves are the way to go.

• 4 months later...
I wear a glove for driver, woods, hybrids and irons. Greenside chips and putts I prefer to make without a glove. It is so hot and humid where I normally play, so I rotate three or four gloves a round. I have been playing the Titleist Players glove this summer.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I have never been comfortable with a glove on. I live in Utah where the weather is very dry during my golf season and I have never had to deal with the humidity. All a glove would do for me is make me sweat more than I already do.

Casey

What's in the bag?
Driver: 10.5* TM 580 XD Stiff
Fairway: Wilson 3,53 - PW: Ping ISTKWedges: Cleveland CG10 52*56*60*Putter: Oddessy 2 Ball BladeBall: Callaway HX HotsBag: OGIO Grom

As a former baseball player I play both with and without a glove. I wear a glove when driving and hitting my irons. I do not wear a glove on my shorter irons (~100 yards and in) or when I putt.

Same thing, more or less, when I played baseball. Batting glove when I batted but I never wore one under my actual mitt. I felt I had more 'feel' in the field w/o the extra layer between me and the ball.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I usually am defensive about this, I wear a glove all the time. I never take it off except to put on a dry one. I did notice that both John Daly and Arnold Palmer both do the same. I think I have just gotten so comfortable with one on that taking it on and off is a distraction. I seem to have plenty of feel still as chipping and putting is my strength.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Ive played with no glove for the past two years and then since im such a sweat hog I just couldnt hold on to the club this year. I love the feeling of playing without a glove. I have played with a glove for about three quarters of this golf season. FIgured let me go to the range tonite and hit balls without the glove, felt great, although I have to wipe my hands and the grip down before I hit each shot. Im gonna try it again next time I go back out there.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I wear a glove when driving and that is it. I like the feel of the iron grip in my hand and the glove interferes with that. Don't know why I feel better wearing one while swinging the driver, I just do.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

• 5 months later...
Gotta have a glove on! How else am I going to have one white hand and one very tanned hand?

HAHAHAHA i have experience with this :D

Titleist 905R 8.5 Degree // Stiff
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 16 Degree// Stiff
Titleist 690.CB// PW-3 Rifle Flighted 6.5
Titleist Spin-Milled 56 Degree
Titleist Spin-Milled 60 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist Pro V1

I haven't worn a glove for about a year now and love it..you just can't beat the feel..and it's annoying taking the glove on and off when you chip/putt..unless you're a JD type who keeps it on all the time.

no glove now. i wore one when i first started playing but gave it up pretty early on. they are kind of like superstitions, one less thing to think about. just keep a dry towel on the bag.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Until a couple of years ago, some rounds I'd wear a glove and some rounds I would not. I didn't notice any scoring deviation (on average) between rounds with a glove and without a glove. For the rounds I WAS wearing a glove it was a constant hassle taking the glove off for chips & putts and then putting it back on for full shots. One day I started wondering why I bother with a glove at all. After all, Boom Boom Couples doesn't wear a glove and it seems to work for him. Some of the benefits of not wearing a glove at all (and most, if not all, have been mentioned earlier in the thread) -- don't have one tanned hand and one untanned one (but I'm not sure if this is a plus or a minus ); save money not having to buy gloves; never have the problem of having a couple of holes appearing in the glove in the middle of a round and then discovering you don't have a backup glove in your bag; don't have to worry about having two or three wet gloves drying out, but no dry ones handy; don't have the hassle of having to take the glove off for chips/putts & put it back on for full shots.

I bought a glove last season with the thought of experimenting with wearing it, but I ended up hardly playing at all last season. Its still sitting in its package in my bag. I've never worn one even when I was playing with crappy old clubs that had worn out grips back in my youth because I "knew" I wouldn't like the feel of it...and that stuck with me. I have big plans to play "a lot" this season, so I will experiment. It may help me lighten my grip. My hands are dry, too, and I tend to get little cuts at my fingertips when I first start up for the season, so maybe the glove will help with that.

The area in which I live is very humid, so I have always worn a glove. In the torpid heat of July, August and early September, I will often change gloves every six holes. I especially make a point to remove my glove when putting. I would like to play without a glove, but on those occassions when I've tried, I miss the traction I feel with the glove on. Gloves are an added expense and just one more thing to have to fool with on course, but so far, I can't live without them. Hmmm, can't live with them and can't live without them... sounds like the distaff gender to me.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!