IGNORED

Glove?

muskegman
Note: This thread is 5576 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you wear a glove?

• Glove
    • No glove
    • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

No, I don't like them at all. I played with one for a while when I first started because I was under the impression that since virtually everyone used them they were a mandatory piece of equipment. But it irritated me to keep taking it off to putt, and it was nasty and kind of sweaty. Then I saw that Freddy Couples never uses a glove and just dumped it. My hands don't really sweat, so I don't need a glove to improve my grip, and I just don't like it, Sam I am.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wear a glove besides when i putt. My hands start getting sweaty.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Nah, not me. When I was a young kid I was playing in the rain when my glove became soaked on the 9th hole. Took it off for the back nine and never put one back on.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've got fifty seasons under my belt (1959-2008). I didn't use a glove until leather grips started to go out of favor.

Then, when Tour Wrap-type synthetic leather wraps came out, I gave up the Victory and Crossline type rubber grips--and stopped using the glove again.

I never really liked it, but used it with certain grips.

I've got fifty seasons under my belt (1959-2008). I didn't use a glove until leather grips started to go out of favor.

WOW 50 years is awesome! Keep going.

That club setup you've got going there looks pretty impressive too! Pretty fancy looking stuff. How's the changes in the equipment over those years of play sit with you? I see you are taking good advantage now. Also, are you Japanese? I don't know of many new-timers that actually play that setup you've got listed.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Yes, but I remove it for putting.

Beside sweating, I was told (by several teaching pros) that the rationale for using a glove on the left hand is to re-inforce it with respect to the right hand as a many people have weaker left hands.

I haven't worn one in years. Then this summer, my friend was telling me I was crazy for not wearing one. He had an extra one, and I put it on, as soon as I gripped the club, I said, "Nope, not for me". I just couldn't get comfortable, and all I could think about while taking practice swings was "why is this thing on my hand?"
My hands do not usually get sweaty, nor do they blister, so luckily I don't really need a glove.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Yes, all but for putting and around the green....feel like it allows me to keep a lighter grip and still hold onto the club...

A little off topic, but for the weightlifters out there....started working out without gloves a couple of years ago....feel like it has improved the strength in my hands and forearms....

i started off bare-handed for the first year or so that i played, then wore a glove for about two years, and finally made my way back to bare-hands again. i feel more connected to the club, as others have said, without a glove. plus i hated the "pale hand" that tended to come with wearing a glove in the summer sun.

must wear glove all times. I just love the way it keeps my left hand pressure loose. I'm a better hitter than swinger so it lets me focus on controlling my right hand instead of both.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I make my own grips using tennis wraps. Since I started doing this, I have not needed a glove unless it's raining, or I'm sweating a lot

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I usually wear a left glove.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

Note: This thread is 5576 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!