IGNORED

Doesn't Shawn Clement look like Will Ferrell?

Lihu
Note: This thread is 2353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks to @Ernest Jones bringing this up...

Here's one golf lesson from Will.

Here's Shawn:

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What happened to the "keep Out" sign?  Saw it disappear twice, but never returned.  Yes, the similarity between the two is there.(A little of George W. there also) Shawn can get a little goofy, but he is captivating and has a knack of making things seem so simple. His stating that with driver, he normally carries in excess of 285 is noteworthy also.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

13 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

What happened to the "keep Out" sign?  Saw it disappear twice, but never returned.  Yes, the similarity between the two is there.(A little of George W. there also) Shawn can get a little goofy, but he is captivating and has a knack of making things seem so simple. His stating that with driver, he normally carries in excess of 285 is noteworthy also.

I'm pretty sure Will can carry his driver 285 yards down the fairway on foot. Yup, he can walk it all the way down any fairway.

:-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Speaking of Will Ferrel. That was the name of the associate at Dick's Sporting Goods that worked with me in tweaking a driver's swingweight after trimming shaft, changing grip, and changing out moveable sole weights. He cut and assembled, I took the SW Measurements off the scale and provided the weights.  Yep, his name was Will Ferrel. He no longer works there. 

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

As I’ve mentioned before I took a lesson in person with SC and was pretty disappointed. The whole ‘grass whip’ thing was a waste of time for me. I can use a grass whip all day (have done so in Africa many times) and it have me zero ‘feel’ of a golf swing really.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Lol at ferrel

i don't put much stock in Clement although most here imagine I am a fanboy.

fluff

Mechanics are key.  They drive the swing.

intentions are critical espescially those pthatnproduce perfect swing online 

bad swing fade bias

hooks suck

8 hours ago, Jack Watson said:

Lol at ferrel

i don't put much stock in Clement although most here imagine I am a fanboy.

fluff

Mechanics are key.  They drive the swing.

intentions are critical espescially those pthatnproduce perfect swing online 

bad swing fade bias

hooks suck

IMO, the biggest issue with SC is that although he has an amazing sense of club head feel and where the face is ( I was impressed with how he could swing and just barely catch the top of the ball, then do a classic thin shot, way off the toe, heel, shank all at will) he tries  to 'teach' his feels as if they are natural to everyone. @iacas has pointed out many times that feels are very individualized and cannot be used for generalizing concepts of mechanics yet this is the primary basis of SC's teaching.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

What is it that makes SC’s backswing so funny looking? Is it his almost purposefully straightening of his back leg? Something’s goofy there and I can’t pin point it. But now you guys have me chuckling at his videos cuz he sure looks like Ferrel doing a skit!

45 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

What is it that makes SC’s backswing so funny looking? Is it his almost purposefully straightening of his back leg? Something’s goofy there and I can’t pin point it. But now you guys have me chuckling at his videos cuz he sure looks like Ferrel doing a skit!

I hope you didn’t pay Will, I mean Shawn by  Check for the lesson. Didn’t want Shawn to track you down... :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

39 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I hope you didn’t pay Will, I mean Shawn by  Check for the lesson. Didn’t want Shawn to track you down... :-D

Shawn I can handle.

i get something out of Shawn's exhibitions, but only because I "dissect" it and look at only the parts that resonate with me in terms of feel. Nothing he does is especially wrong, and it does work for him, and probably many others.  A lot is wasted with the incorporating farm implements and such. He does not spend a lot of time using data from Trackman and other tools, but admittedly because his thing is keeping it simple for a certain segment of the population.  Some of his drills I like and are helpfuil. Other parts I find a bit weird and at times ludicrous, one example being his comparison to a downhill skier with a lot of head bobbing, however, I understand his premise and reasoning behind it. Again, it can and does work for some.   I do like his narrative and delivery. 

"James"

23 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

i get something out of Shawn's exhibitions, but only because I "dissect" it and look at only the parts that resonate with me in terms of feel. Nothing he does is especially wrong, and it does work for him, and probably many others.  A lot is wasted with the incorporating farm implements and such. He does not spend a lot of time using data from Trackman and other tools, but admittedly because his thing is keeping it simple for a certain segment of the population.  Some of his drills I like and are helpfuil. Other parts I find a bit weird and at times ludicrous, one example being his comparison to a downhill skier with a lot of head bobbing, however, I understand his premise and reasoning behind it. Again, it can and does work for some.   I do like his narrative and delivery. 

Kidding aside, I'm sure Shawn is pretty good at demonstrating things to us, and all the jokes are only about his similar appearance to Will. Nothing more. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

42 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Kidding aside, I'm sure Shawn is pretty good at demonstrating things to us, and all the jokes are only about his similar appearance to Will. Nothing more. . .

haha   I think he looks a bit like Bush and Kasich too (this is NOT political)

"James"

On 10/31/2017 at 8:17 AM, Vinsk said:

IMO, the biggest issue with SC is that although he has an amazing sense of club head feel and where the face is ( I was impressed with how he could swing and just barely catch the top of the ball, then do a classic thin shot, way off the toe, heel, shank all at will) he tries  to 'teach' his feels as if they are natural to everyone. @iacas has pointed out many times that feels are very individualized and cannot be used for generalizing concepts of mechanics yet this is the primary basis of SC's teaching.

Kind of like Walter Hagen. He had an uncanny sense of where the clubhead was, but no one would try to teach his swing, or his feels!

Note: This thread is 2353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!