IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 112: Went to the range for a little over an hour to work on my full swing feels. Working on get my hands forward at impact, along with softening my wrists a bit. I think I got some good work in today. Going back to the range tomorrow to do some more in depth filming.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 353 - February 1, 2019 - Good practice today. On phone so this is a short post.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5:

10 minutes of work in full swing today (can’t seem to leave it alone) good work though on forearm rotation to help flatten swing on the downswing. 

Day 397

Not much, of nothing new this morning. Woke up to cool, cloudy really damp weather. 

So, I dug out my diy springy, gizmo. It allows me to hit chips to full swing irons, and metal wood. With the irons, I can simulate a divot swing. I can use it on just about any surface, with no fear of damaging the club head. 

This morning I hit more chips and pitches. Targeted landing areas were hand towels I laid down.

Idea was to hit the ball, and hit the towels on the carry. I actually did hit some of those towels.  

Didn't spend much time on this routine. Cool, cloudy, breezy, and damp, after sunny great weather is not healthy for me. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 118, February 2, 25F, that little ground hog saw his shadow!😀

Worked on my priority pieces today hitting into my net. Had trouble getting my hands warm, go figure. Did mostly 3/4 effort swings for 25 minutes.

Next, warmed up some more and did my SS training. Improved to 102/106 with the green. Also did a couple of hits with my driver and got 93, which is up 4 mph. I think I will record this each time too.

Finished with chips and pitches with PW, GW and 54.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 6:

15 minutes or so of full swing work. Great practice. Mostly half swings getting the feel of my forearm rotating correctly. Few full swings. Good feels. 

DAY 432   Did other things until early afternoon and then it RAINS! and RAINS!!  So stuck indoors.  So I got out my Orange Whip to take some swings, and also my metal ruler to practice putting and even tried putting down Harold Swash's Putting Rail (with little success).  Back outside tomorrow!!!

Day 113: Spent about an hour at the range again today. Working on getting my hands forward, along with softening wrists in transition. Got some videos for Evovlr.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 354 - February 2, 2019 - More AimPoint practice today. I'm done doing that, though, because I'm done teaching the classes for awhile now. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 397

Not much, of nothing new this morning. Woke up to cool, cloudy really damp weather. 

So, I dug out my diy springy, ægizmo. It allows me to hit chips to full swing irons, and metal wood. With the irons, I can simulate a divot swing. I can use it on just about any surface. 

This morning I hit mote chips and pitches. Targeted landing areas were hand towels I laid down.

Idea was to hit the ball, and hit the towels on the carry. I actually did hit some of those towels.  . 

In My Bag:

Day 398

I see yesterday's post in this thread didn't post up for some reason, since it was waiting for me this morning. No big deal, as it makes today's post easier. 

Because of wet, damp conditions, due to previous rain showers, I did the same practice routine as I did yesterday. 

Probably spent 30 minutes on pitches, and chips to simulated landing areas (towels) on a simulated green. 

I even hit a few balls over some casual water ponding. The old forced carry practice routine....lol

In My Bag:

Day 34, 3 February 

A couple of hours today.

The first block was working on half swings with my wedges, using the target practise on sky Trak. I had neglected this in recent weeks and it showed.

Then working on swing plane with my 8i. I am clearly still in the ‘technical practise’ phase.

I’m quite sore and haven’t seen great results this weekend. Tomorrow - just putting to let my body, and morale, recover.

DAY 433   The rain yesterday was sufficient that it closed the practice range, and the chipping/bunker area.  So I spent 4 hours on the putting green!!!    Started by working on starting the ball on line, using the Pelz Putting Tutor at its narrowest width.   After 40 minutes, I put the Pelz Putter Clips on my putter, and hit ball using the Pelz Putting Tutor,... so now I had to hit the ball consistently in the center of the putter face AND start the ball on line.   It took a while to get this working.  I loved that it added an additional challenge... so I will try this next time I am out.

Then worked on distance drills from 15-60 feet.   And finally a shorter putting drill (3-5 feet).   To finish I hit putts to 9 holes (ranging from 20-65 feet) to see how the practice is transferring.   I 2 putted 8/9 holes.  I three putted one hole. :-(     Hopefully tomorrow the range will be open.

Day 119, February 3, 38F

Worked on my priority piece again and head set up outside. Didn’t film. Worked mostly with 7 iron 3/4 effort swings. Did 3 each with 3H, 3W and driver too. Finished with PW 3/4 swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 355 - February 3, 2019 - Great practice session today. I updated my Member Swing topic.