IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 31, July 17

Mirror work at the gym. Focuses on alignments again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 197 

Took my 4 drivers I keep around to the range. My 10.5 low profile,.component gamer. A 9.5 Ovation round headed driver. A 10.5, and 12.0, TE round headed driver. All of the same length, and fitted to me. 

Hit all of them about the same. Couldn't really tell about the distances of each, other than I hit them all far enough, that my poor eyes couldn't tell the difference. All initial ball flights were on target. 

Hit about 60 balls, or so for a good full swing work out. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 164 - July 17, 2018 - SuperSpeed and a little AimPoint refresher with my feels (and a level).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 238    Spent 10 minutes working with my Impact Ball and my shortened golf club .... working on staying connected.   AND lots of hours preparing the house for moving.... only three more days then back to MORE golf and NO packing and preparing for the move!!!

Day 2: Today I putted after work for 15 minutes working on my lag putting from 20 feet to 50 feet.

Edited by MasonAsher2014

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Day 46, or day 45 because I somehow listed both yesterday and Sunday as day 44.  Let's say it's Day 46. I had a choice after work:  do I want to arrive 30 minutes early for my evening plans or do I want to practice putting for 20-25 minutes and arrive merely on time?  I chose the latter.  Because the putting drills I like to do can take some time, I didn't do drills, I just set up putts of varying lengths (mostly 8-12 feet) and tried to make them.  I didn't keep careful track, although there were a few breaking putts I made that made me happy, plus a 10-footer on the fall line that I correctly identified as such.  :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 198

Had an "all around" short game practice this morning. Pitches, chips, and putting; in that order. 

Started with 50 yard (carry) pitches. Hit 14 balls to a practice pin. Landing dispersion was decent. Focus was on alignment, (aim) and consistent distance. (B)

Next was pitches off uneven lies. Up, down slopes, and both side hill lies. These were all in the 30 yard range to my bag, which was doing extra duty as a target. Focus was on set up, aim, and ball placement in my stance for these shots. I treat these shots like a green side bunker shot, in as much as, just getting a useful ball flight towards my target is a good thing. (B-)

Next was chipping from various areas off the green. I use the Runyon chip/putt stroke method. My putting, and chipping strokes are exactly the same. Even my address position is the same. Focus was on not letting the toe of the club hit the turf before the ball. Since I set up to the ball just like a putt, I need to grip down a little. This also causes a heel up, toe down club face. (B+)

Last was putting practice. My putting is such, that I don't need to spend much time on it. After proper alignment (reads/aim) all I really need to focus on is starting my back stroke with my left hand/arm. This gives me a much truer back stroke, than if I started the back stroke with my right hand/arm. My putter is face balanced. (A)

If the current weather holds up, I will be playing at least nine holes, later on today. 

In My Bag:

Day 32, July 18

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on alignments. Hope to hit into my net later.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 14

Felt great after the usual physical warm-ups, so it became a day practicing my "woods" that means: 4h,5h,7h, Driver, 3f.  All met expectation with very few hooks or big draws.  Mis-hits were primarily failing jn getting the ball to launch well.  Corrections were primarily stance when I rushed to the next shot. 

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 239   Spent about 5-10 minutes on the putting green .... had to go in due to heavy rains, .. then went out with my regular Wednesday Golf Group to play 18 holes.   There was a LOT of casual water on the first 5 holes such that we drove in the rough, played lift-clean-and place, and still had difficulty on those holes finding a spot in the fairway where there was not casual water.  I can absolutely say that playing in a rain suit and rain gloves does nothing for my game.  Shot 84... and happy to do that.

Below is a picture looking up the fairway on the 6th hole.   Looked like this most of the time.

SVtd1.jpg

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

• Administrator

Day 165 - July 18, 2018 - A few light swings with a 7-iron to see how the groin is doing. They all drew, which is nice. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 16,

Worked on backswing and alignment

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 47.  I think I have changed the picture from my most recent lesson, and I went to the range for reinforcement and to get video.  I also hit my new hybrid and 4-wood a few times, with more practice swings than usual.  

I spent a good bit of time on the putting green trying to do the 10' drill from Broadie, but it seemed I three-putted every time I got to 9 or 8 points;  after 50 holes I stopped.  :-(  

I also set up my net at home.  Phase one of that room is complete.  I will update the relevant threads to go with this.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 33, July 19

Playing 18 today. Excited to see how my alignment changes will work out.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 240   Up early prepping for arrival of team that will be packing up our house.  So practicing pivots, using the door frame... turn back but don't hit the frame and through and not hit the frame on the other side.  Helps with staying more centered in my swing.  I think I will doing a lot of these over the next two days!!!

Day 199

Did some early morning range work today. Worked with my long, and mid irons. (2-8). Hit balls both off the turf, and tee'd up. Focus was on aim, swing tempo, and hitting my chosen landing area. All swings we're full swings. 

Since I was on the range, I used some of the flags to make a fairway. Idea was to land the ball in that make shift fairway. Distance was relative to what ever club I was using. Just wanted the ball to land in the "skinny corridor" I made up. Most did, and of course a few didn't. Even fewer missed by alot. 85% were what I would call acceptable, with 15% of those being acceptable misses. (B)

From there, I went to the putting green, and stroked a few balls. Practiced a lot of 5' +/- rolls. I was looking for a high percentage of one putts. Reads, alignments, and a dominant left hand take away we're my focuses.  (B+)

I have a "super senior" tourney tomorrow morning. Feeling good about it. I will be one of 15 (so far) participants. I will start my hydration prep today for the 3-4 hour round in the morning. 

In My Bag:

Day 15

A heavy schedule allowed for a short workout only.  Physical warm up then a half hour working on alignment and keeping the left hand from losing position on the downswing.  Felt good but I need to make it a much of a habit as possible.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 48 Did my first session of introductory protocol for the Superspeed.  I also had to move rooms a few times.  I will eventually figure out a room I can swing in without feeling like I need to flinch.  My house is narrow.  Even in my golf room, I don't like swinging anything longer than a 6-iron.  I had to swing very slowly to see if I'd hit anything.  And a few times, I set up and did (thankfully, very slowly).

And my back patio is too tiny.  Maybe if I move my coffee table I can do this in my living room (there's room, I just will be swinging standing on hardwood floor). 

-- Michael | My swing!