IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 13 - Short iron practice swings at home for 5 minutes. Busy day preparing for our trip tomorrow.

Nave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 423

Some indoor messing around with the "Heavy Putter" this morning. Too much rain in the area to venture outdoors. 

Focus was on rolling the ball at various furnature legs. My wife says I am a "golfing nut job". She is highly educated.....lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 234:

As I mused about doing yesterday, I removed my 5i, 6i, and 8i from arsenal of weapons and will concentrate now on primarily using my hybrids, 7i and 9i as my clubs, with the addition of my 50º, 56º and 60º wedges.

Today was primarily about my hybrids and 2 irons.

The irons responded quite beautifully.  Lofts were solid and direction very true, though the 9i showed a little bit beyond acceptable left on a number of shots. I even played these with gentler than normal to see if I were able to simply get a somewhat shorter shot than I normally get.  Results here were not bad but not always predictable.

The main focus was on the hybrids, as they now need to replace the clubs I have put into storage.  All had some great results, but consistency was pointed out as the focus of future practices.  3h was very much the most iffy; but took a while to do what I wanted/need it to do.  First few did not loft as well (my fault in the addressing the ball) and I did have a hook or two and one nasty push.  I sat a bit and rethought my checklist and corrections did come about.  4h was the first hybrid I every bought and it came to life quickly.  Both on and off of the tee, I got clean loft, distance and direction.  It was readily duplicating what I tended to get from my 6i.  The 5h was well in the direction of what I hoped for, though, my own imperfections caused a few pulls.

I will keep my current direction on what I will play with the possible addition of a 6i or 8i in the future if I can obtain one that matches my current Pings.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 146, March 2

Snowy day today and my right knee is sore. So it just did some chipping and putting in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 469.   Another long session.   2 hours on the range working on synching my backswing better ... so I have more left side bend/right side flexion....  and then 90 minutes on the putting green.  Started by working on my technique using the Pelz Putting Tutor and the Putter Clips.  Followed up with a distance drill... today it was 30 in a row into a 3 foot circle around the hole from 20 feet, then 30 feet.  I completed these the first time.  Then I went mad, and chose an extremely sloping downhill putt to try to make 30 in a row from 45 feet.  Epic fail.  I could not even get 5 in a row inside the circle.   Well a "challenge point" that was too tough.  Fun any ways.

• Administrator

Day 392 - March 2, 2019 - 10 minutes with the "shallow and pivot" piece.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5 - worked on backswing stuff. Also did a driver fitting today 😇

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 141: Spent 5 minutes doing full swing mirror work. Checking set up, and working on soft wrists in transition feeling.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 147, March 3, 41F

Nice long practice today, about 1:45. Spent the beginning working on chipping to dial in contact feel. Worked up to partial wedge shots focusing on hips to target at A8-9. Then moved to 7 iron and worked on hips to target again with mapping, 3/4 swings then full swings. Same with driver. I filmed both FO and DTL. 

Did SS training next. I haven’t done it for 10 days due to weather but I didn’t lose any speed. 103/108 with green then 93 with driver. I am going to bring the gear to my gym so I can keep the training going.

Finished with pitches using my 54. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 424

Played 18 holes earlier today with my regular golf buddies. 

Lots of fun, and insanity. Scores were not important. 

Shot of the day was by who ever hit our cart on the fly. Not sure where it came from......lol

In My Bag:

Day 235:

Took a sort of break day from hitting the little round things to focus physical exercises.  I have been kind of going through some of the programs I have been using. It was a solid day of leg, foot and hip shuffles, arm positions and head steadiness.  Will focus on this stuff tomorrow as I prepare to launch some missiles into the air.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 393 - March 3, 2019 - Ten minutes putting today. Felt really good working on the same thing: just a little shut face feeling on the backswing, if anything the tiniest float load. But really, nothing new or foreign feeling.

But the bigger deal was the 15 minutes on the full swing. Little pause, but mostly lay it down (weight on the right trigger finger) and then pivot. I mixed in a little feeling of the hands dropping but pivoting out and around. Kinda weird to describe, not as weird to try to do it in real life.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 6 - Same backswing stuff. Slow motion, not letting the left hit shift much, setting the club to a good position at A3-A4. I'm trying to do this more with out looking back and up with my head to check the swing path. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 425

Played 18 holes this morning. Carded an 81, with 29 putts, which I am pleased with. 

Golfed with a couple of strangers, who turned out to be decent folks. Both had game. 

In My Bag:

Day 148, March 4

Foot of snow last night, so no outdoor work. Did chipping and pitch work in the basement. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 7 - Slow motion backswing work. Focusing on feeling the movements while keeping my head focused on the ball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

DAY 471    Put in an hour of practice this morning.  Hit a lot of 7 irons working on improving the synch of my backswing and a more steady head on the downswing.  Then spent time on the putting green, working on putts in the 8-15 foot range (green reading, aligning the ball to the proper line, and stroking the putt).   Tomorrow I will be back at it in a serious way,