IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 32  January 4.   The club is closed on Monday... so I spent time in my garage, working on my pivot while standing on Balance discs.... then taking backswings with my back to the wall.  My garage wall sometime serves as the Bender Wall.  By standing a couple of inches off of it, and taking backswings, it forces you to be more vertical in your shoulder turn, and use your arms more to get to the top of the backswing.  Which helps you keep the club in front of you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 371 - January 4, 2021

Made a bunch of swings downtown (Golf Evolution). The first was a really nice shank, just a beauty. The next bunch were almost all just absolutely flushed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Day 372 - January 5, 2021

SuperSpeed work (just the 30 swings, plus five measured at the end) and then about 20 balls, backswing stuff only, starting slowly. Really hit the first several pretty slow, then sped it up a bit. Last three were nearly full speed.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 83: Worked on my drill with 7 iron and driver then did SuperSpeed Training. Yes it was snowing! Finished with partial PW.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5:  Started off with some backswing work in the mirror, making sure my hands were in a good position at the top of the backswing.  From there, I was trying to feel starting the backswing with my left hip moving back and down first, then finishing with my turn around the left side.  Some swings felt great, others not so much.  But thats ok.  I know I have way too many swing thoughts and lose track of all of them.  But I think I'm working towards the right goal... trying to understand what every part of the swing does in relation to the other parts.  Hopefully next week, I'll feel pretty good about posting a swing video in my swing thread.

Day 2 - work in the backyard today on pitches and chips - ranging from 10yds out up to 30yds - using foam balls, varying the clubs (today was the 3hybrid, 58* and 8i).  Focus was on ball flight and accuracy to the flags/target areas.  Love using the battlechip game as it provides a good target area to land the balls.  Distance was good (hole high) - balance of either left or right.  Of course with the grandson we had to stay with the foam golf balls.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 387

Superspeed workout and then some work with 6-iron on my priority piece.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 3 - putting pendulums using Blast with focus on backswing/swing lengths (trying to be consistent within my heel/heel and big toe/big toe strokes respectively 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 1

After taking a total 2 week shut down from anything golf I am starting the year off today!  Yeah!

Did a light Gold Flex work out

Hit my Driver 10 times, first 5 balls started at 1/2 swings and then up to 3/4 swing.  Last 5 balls were full swing.  Overall good contact - much improved from my last round in 2020

Used my alignment sticks & Izzo swing band.  

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

DAY 33  January 5     I spent 6 1/2 hours practicing today..  Started with the SupeSpeed Challenge and other swing speed improvement exercises, then spent an hour hitting chips/pitches from about 15 feet off the green, then 90 minutes on the range working through various drill from the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge, then putted for an hour - focusing on short putt (3-5 feet range), then back to the range to continue working through various drills from the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge (18 drills total today with these two sessions hitting 12 balls with each drill), then finished by hitting wedges to 25, 50 and 75 yard targets.

1/06/21 - Day 4

more Blast putting with focus on back swing length consistency. Even at my 10-20ft stroke (big toe-big toe), I still have 4" of variance between my longest and shortest strokes. That seems like a lot for what should be a constant reference point. I think some of this is accounted for by the fact that sometimes the ball is positioned further toward left foot rather than center of my stance and so I need to get more consistent (less lazy) with set up. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 1/4/2021 at 7:16 PM, JuanTheGolfer said:

DAY 32  January 4.   The club is closed on Monday... so I spent time in my garage, working on my pivot while standing on Balance discs.... then taking backswings with my back to the wall.  My garage wall sometime serves as the Bender Wall.  By standing a couple of inches off of it, and taking backswings, it forces you to be more vertical in your shoulder turn, and use your arms more to get to the top of the backswing.  Which helps you keep the club in front of you.

You can claim your 5 mins daily award here:  https://thesandtrap.com/awards/category/4-monthly-awards/

• Like 1

-Jonny

Day 84: Range work today. 🥶 Worked on my drill for a bit with PW, 7 iron, 3H and 3W. Tried out new shafts for the hybrid and woods. Then did a bunch of short game work with  my wedges to various targets. Did partial shots, long chips, pitches and flops. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 373 - January 6, 2021

Blast work with the putter in my living room while watching the Penguins scrimmage. Good pace to the game.

Day 3 - Revisited and worked on the Day1 Drill of the 30 Day Plan from last April.  Felt like I was getting lazy in my initial takeaway.  After working on it for a while, worked on basic shots in the backyard w/foam balls and grandson in tow.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

DAY 34 January 6th.   I spent more than 5 minutes in my home office and the garage working on my swing.  In my garage I use the wall like the Mike Bender Wall.   Where I set up so my backside is just slightly away from the wall.  Then I take backswings and remember to lift my arms up, so that when I am at the top of my swing.. the club touches the wall.  If you take it back too flat or inside the club will bang the wall immediately.  I do not use an actual club since it will mark the wall. ... so I have been using a PVC pipe that is the length of a 7 iron.  Much easier on the wall when I make an incorrect backswing!!!