IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 46.  Before grocery shopping, I stopped at a local golf course to practice putting.  I did the 12 coins drill from 6', taking 27 putts to complete.  I would love it if I could consistently do this drill at or under 24, but 27 is fine.  Keep practicing Shindig!

Throughout the day, I'd go into my practice room and hit chip shots, no more than quarter swings, and even the "use the sand wedge with a putter-like swing" shot, and even a few with my 3H (I'm not sure what I'll do what that shot).  All were focused on setup and contact, since I was hitting into a net.  Working on hitting these well mechanically in hopes I can transfer that skill to the course.  I hit over five dozen such shots like this today. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9 (4/9/21) - Did the "Shoulder Pitch" and "Trail Arm" drills from the 2020's "Covid 19 Practice Plan" video series (Days 2 and 3).  I am definitely starting to get the feel of a steady head and proper position at the top. 

Edited by Bob M
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 181: played 18 then hit about 30 balls at the range working on center-face contact. Still toeing my irons.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 467 - April 9, 2021

Played nine holes. Played decent. Front nine at Whispering Woods. Had only a pitching wedge into the first hole… 🙂

Added a birdie to my tally.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 93 (9 Apr 21) - Played 18 at my local course - shot pretty decent for me, i.e. a 93.  Wedge practice in the yard paid off as I was confident behind the club(s) leading to getting up and down on a number of holes where I was left with putts in the 1' - 10' range, most being 6' or less.  Yes that is quite a spread but it is a vast improvement over what I was doing this time last year.  Also had a near "eagle-2" on a par 4 today (ball stopped about 6" short of the hole) - a first ever for me.  That was sweet to have a tap-in birdie.  While I had 36 putts on 18 holes there were a number of 3 putts, effectively countered by an equal number of 1 putts.     

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 479:

Did a little warmup working on priority piece with 4-iron and 9-iron. Then did a superspeed workout, but didn't use the radar device this time.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 47.  Putting on a ruler on the floor.  I set up well and hit and kept rolling them right off the other end of the ruler.  I lost count, but it was at least five minutes and I don't think any deviated.  This wasn't the practice I needed, but due to a circumstance, it was the practice I could do, and that's better than no practice at all. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 182: Worked a bit on my priority piece with a feel of swing out at transition. Then worked on center-face contact. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 10 (4/10/21) - Practiced chipping motion with the Orange Whip Wedge; about 30 balls to a 10-yard target. Then hit chips same distance with my Glide 3.0 Eye-2 56* wedge.  Reading Utley's chapter on chipping today.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 94 (10 Apr 21) - Played 36 today, flew solo, so there was plenty opportunity to work with club selection, shot types...big focus was approach shots, esp from 150yds in. Worked on approach shot scenarios - based on distance out, and what club combo would work best.  Good day of field application of the LSR guiding principles....

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 480:

Did some work on priority piece with 8-iron, and then hit some driver with Mevo. 

-Peter

Day 48.  Ruler and floor putting again.  As with last time, this was because it's what I can do in my circumstance, not because it's what's best for my game.  But I have seen my efforts at following through my putting stroke paying off with straight putt after straight putt (also evidence towards my hypothesis that my fault in putting is read and speed, not bead)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 481:

Played 18 today. Absolute trainwreck of a round, I think I lost more balls on the front 9 than I have in the last two months. But I did chip in twice (for par though). 

-Peter

Day 183: Off day today as I’ve played or practiced a lot in the last week. I did do some feel work and shoulder turn work without a club.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 469 - April 11, 2021

Played nine holes. Started to feel the "flow" back again along with the arms lifting up in front of me. Hit some really good shots.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/3031803

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11 (4/11/21) - Practiced chipping with Padraig Harrington's alignment stick drill and full swings with my driver being conscious of keeping my head steady.

Day 95 (11 Apr 21) - Limited swings w/7i today in the backyard.  Focused on coming cleanly thru the ball and clearing the hips by going w/half-swings instead of full on swings. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 49.  Got back home after the Masters so I can do the practice I need to do!  I hit 20 chip shots, off a mat, into a net, real balls, indoors, with a 56.  I was focusing on setup and contact.  

-- Michael | My swing!