IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 159.  Periodic 6-iron shots (at least one block of at least five minutes) during breaks in a long meeting schedule.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, priority piece related to backswing length.

I also tried quarantine day 13 drill (high pitches/flops), something I don't know how to do, and I think I was doing the drill wrong.  All my shots went left.  Thankfully, I was using foam balls.  I'm going to review the video later (time permitting), along with what people tried when those drills were released and see if their feedback applies to me, and try again

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 69, August 2, 2021

More work on shortening my backswing. I don’t want to even get to hands to right shoulder… at least feeling like that.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 3:

COVID-19 day 6 and 7 drills again. Then downswing priority piece work with 7-iron, not much, just 10 balls. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 282: Played 18 again this morning. Driver wasn’t as good, but short game was better. Played with three older guys, two in their 80s and one in his 70s. I walked, they rode carts,  we finished in 3:15. We were behind four women, 3 in carts and one walking. They never held us up. So there goes the old people are slow theory.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 38 (03 Aug 21) - Jumped outside around mid-day just before the afternoon rain was to start to work on the left hand in the grip.  Been way too weak with the left hand of late, seeing too many pushes right.  Worked with the PW, making sure I had a stronger grip in hand before 1/2 swings with the ball.  Know it is not what I have been doing as it was somewhat foreign feeling.   

Next step - once it stops raining (forecast has that early next week)  is to take it the range and work more there where I can work on full swings. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 160.  Played golf today, shooting an 83 at a course I've played twice before.  I felt I didn't have control of my driver for about half the day (and GG shows:  I hit 50% fairways and missed right 50% of the time).  I think if I had missed the 18th green with a near-GIR in the grass instead of in the sand (where I proceeded to hit it too far over -- these greens aren't very big) and then short-sided myself, left it short... 😞  Double bogey on hole 1, triple on hole 18, bogey-or-par on 2-17 inclusive.  

Also, I had poor directional control on some iron shots, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

And I hit a putt on #10 fat after a GIR, leading to a bogey.  That was unfortunate. 

Despite feeling like I played some of those poorly, GG tells me I had full swing strokes gained under the 10 handicap mark and putting under the 15 handicap mark.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 584 - August 3, 2021

Hit fifteen or twenty balls at Chautauqua between lessons. Wrists while I turn, 1/2 swing (or 3/4). Whatever it is, it's "less." Hit some good ones.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 70, August 3, 2021:

Grip work, I mean my grip sucks. So I worked on it for ten minutes then hit some chips.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Day 39 (04 Aug 21) - Mirror work today focused on legs leading and keeping the hips rotated especially through the downswing.  May make this a daily morning routine to stretch out and limber up the old core.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 283: Worked on my priority pieces today hitting into my net. Concentrated on the takeaway feel, which has helped reduce hooks the last couple of rounds with the driver. Finished with SuperSpeed training. Hit 108 with the blue sticks and 101 with the driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 585 - August 4, 2021

Hit balls after a lesson at Whispering Woods. Just about 15, but five minutes plus.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 4:

Yesterday's post didn't go through, guess I didn't hit submit after typing it out :doh:

Started with full swing priority piece, but everything was out of sorts. Tomorrow I'll practice earlier in the day with enough light to set up LVP camera. Switched to hitting pitch shots with 7-iron until I was making solid contact and the ball was starting on target. Then did some COVID-19 day 6/7 drills with LW.

-Peter

Day 161.  Tonight after dinner I spent ten minutes hitting 7-iron shots (indoors, off a mat, into the net, real balls).  The rehearsal and full swings were slow, with the intent that if it were outdoors, I'd hit the shot about 100 yards.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 71: August 4 2021:

Grip work, I mean my grip sucks. So I worked on it for ten minutes then hit some chips.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• Administrator

Day 586 - August 5, 2021

Hit about 40 balls outside, really proud of how slow and exaggerated I made things feel. This followed about 15 balls off a mat, the last five or six of which were also good. The first nine or so were to see where things were and how the body was moving and how everything felt today. 40 balls took just over an hour.

Day 40 (05 Aug 21) - Solo round today as the rain had relented.  Course was pretty open as there was only one person ahead and no one behind.  Allowed me to be not rushed as I played 18 at the local course.  A good day with the putter which I did have two putters with me - my old DF992 and the Odyssey White Steel 5.  As I had time, I would set up a second ball once on the green, play out the original ball for the score and then putt the other ball with the other putter from the same distance.  Found I am much more accurate with the White Steel 5, so in the bag it stays.    

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 284: Worked a bit on my priority pieces with a new drill to feel the left leg push back. Then worked on tempo.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 5:

Started off with pitches, using a 7-iron, until I was finding center face and ball was starting on target. Then moved on to 3/4 swings with 7-iron, and finally a few full swings working on downswing priority piece. Then did some COVID-19 day 7 drill with 54* wedge. Finished by attempting to pitch 3 balls. Took 3 tries to successfully hit all 3, but one went over the net and backyard fence into the community pool next door (no one was swimming at least). 

-Peter