IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 40:

Started off working on priority piece with 7-iron but I was not focused and was practicing poorly.

Took an hour off to throw a nerf ball with the kids, and then started again.

Did COVID-19 day 5 drill for about 20 balls working in new downswing motion, and then 5 more balls with a full swing, but slow, thoughtfully, and deliberate. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 319: worked on the backswing again and focused on rhythm and long, slow, high feel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Apologies for the double post - thought I had posted day 74 yesterday evening - but found that I had not: 

Day 74 (09 Sep 21) - Able to get outside in the backyard before the rain started up.  Another round with the wedges and the 3' tub.  This time I used the TA 845s SilverScot wedges (48, 52, 56) and the Eye 2/2+ wedges (53.5, 57.5).  Was fun seeing how these work as compared to my regular wedges (Cleveland CBX's (50, 54, 58)).  Again, it was about distance control and getting balls in the tub.  Best club of the log - the 52deg 845s, had 3 of the 20 shots in the tub.  Most troublesome, the 845s 56deg, had 3 decent shanks with it.  On the plus side, no where as many errant shots (well outside the 2club circle today).  Also worked on short up and downs (less than 5yds) with the higher lofted wedges.  

Here is today's post: 

Day 75 (10 Sep 21) - Played 18 today as a practice type round with my son.  Focused on the irons as I was still "high" off the play from the other day.  Different day/different play.  As I was all over the place today - both sides and hardly in the middle, course management on proper recovery was paramount.  I do think working with different wedges may have had some effect on what I saw today.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 41:

Managed to practice in daylight today, so did quite a bit of video recording with LVP camera. Definitely have regressed since the first week of working on my new downswing priority piece. The feel that I had initially seems lost, so I'm struggling a bit right now. Slowed things down and just did a lot of rehearsals trying to find a feel for the motion and also COVID-19 day-5 drill, all with 7-iron.

-Peter

Day 196.  Putting again, but this time on carpet (well, on a ruler over carpet).  Drill from LSW, with a focus on not using my wrists in the putt (I need to do the hairband and alignment rods drill again before too long, speaking of which). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 320:  worked on backswing again with a three count, relax slightly and fire. Used a variety of clubs. Then worked on setup and center face contact with a different clubs and same backswing swing thought. I’ve been hitting off center a lot on the inside.  Made a slight adjustment to set up and that helped. Below are driver and 6 iron. 
AEBCB3A1-D93E-4BB5-B024-D73318F7AE14.jpegEBA01E59-7E32-418E-B4E8-0F42CFA6E2E8.jpeg

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 18 (9/11/21) - Swings with my 5-wood focusing on setup, backswing and tempo, using a whiffle ball. About 15-minutes.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 7

Shot a 92 at Baker Park golf course.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 42:

Rewatched video from last lesson to get a reference for new downswing motion, then worked on it for awhile, slowing things way down.

Also did my customary pre-round COVID-19 day 6/7 drills to keep short game sharp. 

-Peter

Day 1: 

Worked my Orange Whip tempo trainer for 5 minutes.

Worked irons and hybrids (10 balls each, must be good contact) in my golf pit.

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Day 320:  worked on backswing again with a three count, relax slightly and fire. Used a variety of clubs. Then worked on setup and center face contact with a different clubs and same backswing swing thought. I’ve been hitting off center a lot on the inside.  Made a slight adjustment to set up and that helped. Below are driver and 6 iron. 
AEBCB3A1-D93E-4BB5-B024-D73318F7AE14.jpegEBA01E59-7E32-418E-B4E8-0F42CFA6E2E8.jpeg

Good work Boog!  I need to work in this area as well, just need to set the net back up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 76 (11 Sep 21) - hit a few into the net at my grandson’s request while at my son’s house this evening as we were waiting for the burgers to cook.  Was for the most part either fat or thin.  After about 10 swings of the above, I slowed down and worked on rotation and purposely tried to not kill it.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 8 

Driver practice to work on not slicing as much. I focused on a slightly stronger grip, bringing the toe around a little to close the club face and not swinging in from the outside. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 2: 

Worked my Orange Whip tempo trainer for 5 minutes.

VIDEO SESSION: Worked every club in my bag (6 balls each, must be good contact) in my golf pit (49 min).

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 321: Worked on swing tempo today with the long, slow, high backswing. I’m using a 3 count on the backswing. I used the Blast Golf device and app and got a tempo or around 4.5:1 using 7 iron and driver. Will continue to work on this for a while.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 43:

Played 18 early morning after a day of hard yard work. Back and shoulders were stiff and sore, and hands and fingers had a few blisters. It was one of those rounds where I just kind of gave up half way through and enjoyed the company of of the guys in my group and the serenity of the redwood, oak, and laurel trees. Swing was a mess, but managed to add two new birdies for the 2021 birdie challenge, and made par on the difficult par-3 16th hole. Everything else was bogey or worse.

-Peter

Day 77 (12 Sep 21) - Spent some time with the 52deg wedge.  Continued work on getting good rotation all the way through.  Worked with sets of 7 balls.  Used the pin locations in the yard for target zones.  This wedge while a Cleveland CBX2 as opposed to the CBX’s I normally used felt way different - figuring it’s the Dynamic Gold steel vs the Rotex Graphite in the CBX’s.  A comfortable swing w/graphite was unnerving w/steel.  As I want to game the 52 some, I will work with it to get a better feel for it.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 197.  At halftime of SNF, I did the ruler / putting drill;  the ruler was more to check that my putt wasn't willy-nilly, I was really focusing on using my shoulders and not my wrists.

I missed yesterday (9/11/21) and I'm 99% sure this keeps me within the "28 out of 30" range -- but I will double check tomorrow when I am home and have access to my notes again.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.