IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 19 (9/13/21) - Worked on hitting chips of different trajectories out of various lies today.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 322: worked on backswing again for about 25 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 44:

After a rough round, mostly due to swing regression, and bit of tiredness/soreness from yard work, I started over at ground zero with my priority piece. In my round I was hitting a ton of pulls, and had multiple shanks (stopped counting after 3), including a couple on simple short game shots. I did a little self-diagnosis after the round and think I have worked out what was going on.

I started off doing a bunch of rehearsals with a wedge in my work-at-home office throughout the afternoon while on various calls. Then I did some practice with balls and a net, repeating the rehearsals and then hitting punchy 9-3 shots with an 8-iron.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 78 (13 Sep 21) - Revisited the 52 wedge again today - worked on both pitches and chips.  Started each group with a pitch from about 20 yds, then “if” the ball finished outside a 5 club length circle (15’ +/-) I chipped with the 52 to get ball close to the cup.  As this was in my yard no greens were harmed in any of the shots taken today. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 3:

Went to range.  Worked on limited club set (PW- 5 Iron - 5 wood) -- concentrating on body rotation/weight shift (48 min).

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 198.  After MNF, I spent ten minutes hitting balls with a 6-iron.  The usual practice routine -- setup, not letting the club get too far back, and so on. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 9

Mirror work with a driver to view my backswing. It seems easier to get my dominant trail arm under control in my house than on the course.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 4:

Worked with Orange Whip Trainer -- concentrating on body rotation/weight shift within "tempo exercise" (15 min). 

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 20 (9/14/21) - Range and practice green today. Hit a small bucket on the range starting with partial gap wedges, then 11w, 7w and 5w. Tendencies today with the woods were mainly a push, but sometimes a hook. More work needed here.

On the practice green I worked on lag putting from >15 feet, then putting out, followed by hitting chips from various lies and putting out. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 323: Worked on backswing a bit, then on center face contact. I’ve been hitting on the heel side too much. Focused on setup and alignment. Finished with SuperSpeed.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 10

I started with the exercise of finding my BPM and was comfortable at 65. I followed up with putting practice from a range of 3' to 10'.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 79 (14 Sep 21) - got in some full swing work in the backyard w/9i and hard foam balls.  Focused on staying centered / balanced with positive weight shift forward in the downswing.  Ended the session with a few swings with the 5i doing the same - there is enough space (using the neighbor’s yard to land the balls) to get some great ball flight.  Nice not seeing the ball fade/slice right, rather slight draw pattern.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 45:

Worked on priority piece again. Half swings with a 7-iron for about 15 balls. I did slow rehearsals between balls. Finished with 3/4 swings using the new roll of impact tape that was delivered today. Good news is nothing anywhere near the hosel or even the heel of the club, as was the case in my round on Sunday. Strikes were mostly around the center of the face, misses being toward the toe.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 199.  After dinner, I went to a nearby evening-open putting green.  It isn't a great putting green, but it does have short-cut grass and holes in the ground, and I was able to practice putting inside 15' for 20 minutes.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 21 (9/15/21) - Played 9 at North Kingstown today, however instead of playing from the white tees, I went from the gold or senior tees today. Had a lot of fun getting a different look at a course I've played many times...and shot a 7-over 43 (3 pars, 5 bogies and a double). 

My approach wedges and short game was generally solid today, although I made a couple of bad calls, shot-wise, so it was a learning experience too. 

Day 80 (15 Sep 21) - applied a semi-variation of Day 30 of the Covid-19 Practice Plan as I worked on slowing the swing down to a semi-snail pace.  Using the 5i, I worked on rotating parallel to the ground w/club out front and not collapsing the arms.  Moved from that to the slo-mo swing albeit just a bit faster than the day30 drill.  Did hit the ball some (hard foam ball, max flight about 70yds), taking time to eval the shot and the swing that produced it.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 324: Range work focusing on set up, alignment and backswing. Finished with some short game work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 11

A 9 hole practice round at Baker Park golf course.

-Craig-

In my bag: