IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 62 (12/22/21) - Putting practice, 4', 5' and 6' putts. Focused on roll and speed (no more that 18" return from the pressure putt trainer). 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 143:

Rained all day, so only was able to do indoor stuff; backswing rehearsals focusing on hip turn priority piece, a little grip work in the mirror, and some yardstick putting drill. 

Day 15 (22 Dec 21) - Rain done, skies cleared and able to get out in the backyard this afternoon.  Worked on chip & putt drill.  As I have three holes cut in the yard about 20-25 yds apart, can get decent chip shots in along with putts for “par” or better using 8i and putter.  Made this a game with the grandson - basically we are chipping par 3 holes.  Makes for good fun, and getting “birdie” the goal.  We played about 12 holes, had a number of pars and several birdies.  Makes focusing on getting ball close key as the “yard” putting relies heavily on the ball being close. 

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Okay, I'm back in on the 5 minutes per day challenge.

Day 1: 

Spent 5 minutes in front of a mirror. Working on my priority pieces. (And my set up piece) No ball, just a 7 iron and 2 mirrors. One down the line and one face on. 

Then spent 5 minutes (12 balls) rolling straight 6 foot putts. Putting to a hole that is 2-3/16" in diameter. I made 8 out of 12. This is my first step to sharpening my bead. ... possibly slight benefit to speed as well. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
added that the mirror work is also for set up

Day 63 (12/23/21) - Things started out pretty rough on today's putting session. Went back to basics of stance and ball position and mostly "righted the ship". Did the "ladder" drill (successive putts of 1' to 6') trying to both make the putt and have the ball return somewhere between the 1' and 2' hash marks. Goal is the work this to 1' to 1.5' return. 

Edited by Bob M
clarity

Day 16 (23 Dec 21) - Played 18 with my five yr old grandson.  Worked on just keeping the ball in the short stuff.  Was a so-so round in terms of working on game improvement but a blast with my fave golf buddy…

78DC877A-64B2-4963-812C-8937C342A71D.jpeg

Day 64 (12/24/21) - My PuttOUT mirror and gate arrived yesterday! Today I hit putts using both, starting with the mirror at 3' and the gate at 2', then moved the mirror back to 6' while keeping the gate at 2'. I rolled putts cleanly through the gate until I hit 6' at which point I only got 3 out of 5 through the gate without touching the sides. As is the case with all of my putting practice, I worked on putting with a speed such that on the return, the ball stopped at about 18" (but definitely between the 1' and 2' lines).

My approach is to make all of this indoor putting work have an element of "speed" in addition to "bead".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.