IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 553: Worked on the same items and filmed. Posted in My Swing thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

post below, though written yesterday, didn’t go through and was stored 

Day 41 - 8i into net with focus on club back & up with straighter right wlbow

Day 42 today: 

Played 9 with a random guy after getting off work early today.  (1 birdie, 5 bogies)

40 (diff 4.1)

• FW: 5/7
  • GIR: 4/9
  • putts: 17

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 177 - Turned out to be a busy day, so I only had time to hit putts on my PuttOUT mat for about 5 minutes.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 13

Think this will be my last day of putting data. I know I planned to do more. But it became pretty apparent which putter/grip combo was best for me. And today was the best day. Made 84.67% (127/150). Brought my average for the 5 days of data up to 80.49%. 

Overall pretty pleased and feeling confident. Gonna get back into some more full swings in the coming days. League is starting up in another week.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

• Administrator

Day 173, April 22, 2022

Worked on the full swing for about 20 minutes before the first lesson of the day showed up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 47.  Ran an errand this evening, and stopped to putt for 20 minutes at a nearby course.  I tried the 4' drill, but 10:00 and 5:00 just wouldn't fall.  I am going to put a slope measurer into the practice bag so next time, I can try to determine if this is even a pin position I might face.  That green slopes significantly, and I'm not sure they place their practice holes at places where a pin could be placed on a real green.  Something to find out, I guess. 

Anyway, I got home and also spent a few minutes hitting 6-iron punch shots and then some 58 degree chip shots (indoors, off a mat, into a net). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

day 47: walked 9 holes and to get out of the comfort zone we decided to play the red tees.. tried driving the green on the par 4's but ended up in the water on both of them..

cheers Chris

Day 98:

Did covid-19 day-5 drill, some with 9-iron (with midsize grip), and some with 8-iron (standard grip). Not sure which grip I like best yet, but also worked on making sure lead hand grip is weakened per my lesson. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 14: Persevered with putting in the wind, and did much better, with a calm mind, and lower expectation.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 43 - played 18 today. Played well. Shot 80 (diff 8.0)

• FW: 14/14
  • GIR: 8/18 (44%)
  • putts: 31 (SGP: 2.75)

Best day I’ve had in a long time. Felt good to feel like I’ve played this game more than 2-3 times.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 554: Worked on similar pieces today and added trying to stay in my primary axis tilt longer through impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 178 - More time on the PuttOUT mat today. Focused on distance control for putts of 3' to 6'.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 135 (23 Apr 22) - one of my fave drills today - 9i on the beach sand as we were at the beach place today.  Varied lies - buried, crusted, ball below, ball above, about any lie available.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 14

Moved on from my putting quest and back into full swings. Had a bunch of home projects earlier in the day. So didn't spend a ton of time practicing. Still got in some low irons. Just working on tempo and rotation. 

May try to take the little guy to a par 3 course tomorrow. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 48.  Two separate practice sessions today.  Went to the good course near me for putting practice while out for errands.  My only drill while there was a 4' drill, around the clock, took 16 putts.  Nine fell on the first pass, two on the second, and 9:00 was stubborn.  

Later in the day, I practiced indoors at home, hitting punch shots with a 5-iron, full swings with 5 and 6 and PW, and quarter shots with the LW and PW.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 99:

Did a lot of chipping/pitching practice with Mevo+, up to 75 yard distance.

Did full swing work on palmar flexion.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

day 48: walked 9 holes with a "breaking 80" class and my pro to see what things on the course we need to focus on

cheers Chris

Day 15: Warm up with wedge through to 6I and putts before 18 holes.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1