IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 234 - Started with short shots with my 58* focusing on consistency of contact and carry distance. Next step to take this shot to the practice green to determine total distance (carry + roll) on a flat section of the green with PW thru LW. 

Slow motion swings with Driver and 8i checking positions.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 232, June 20, 2022

Played nine holes kinda regular, then another nine holes from the white tees mostly with irons off the tees… and about a one-second pause at the top of my backswing. 🙂 More in my Member Swing topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 106.  Made a stop while running errands to practice short putting (match play round coming up Thursday).  3' putt drill, took 14 putts to complete.   85%, not great, not bad... I'd really like to be able to do 13 or even 12 on a regular basis. 

I am also continuing the two step drill from my latest lesson.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 7 (20 Jun 22)  - broke out the hitting net with grandson, worked on full swing with 7i. Worked on centering contact of ball to club face.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 154:

Practiced with Mevo+, to make sure I was going slowly. Hit 8-irons that went about 25 yards on my first 10 VERY slow speed balls.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 235 - Practiced chipping and putting for about 90 minutes at the NKGC practice green today. Used LW thru PW, chipper and 6H for chipping.  Mainly block practice to work on technique and  determine carry and total distance for each of these clubs. Practiced approach and short putts. 

Ran into @boogielicious on his way to the range!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 604: As @Bob M said, crossed paths at North Kingstown! Went to the range and worked on my new pieces with several clubs. Mostly slower swing. At the end, I ramped up the speed on 7 iron and driver. finished with some chipping on the practice green.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8 (21 Jun 22) -  Gate drill today using tees to set the gate.  Used the 7i and hard foam balls to limit flight as I was working in the backyard.  Like this drill as it helps me focus on getting thru the gate and the ball. 

Edited by WillieT

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 155:

Lesson this morning before work. Touched on a few things:

• AoA, weight forward, and flip have improved since previous lesson. Inside takeaway is something that I always need to be mindful of.
  • Did work on pre-shot routine to help separate work on technical change from playing golf. We had a conversation on stats/score, and based on how I hit the ball in lessons, I should have better on course results, so I'm going to try having a consistent and repeatable pre shot routine and see if that helps bring performance to the course.
  • I asked for some help with greenside bunker shots, so spent about 10-15 minutes on that technique. Something new to work on.
  • Did some work on my driver issues. Need to feel like head is staying behind the ball.
Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 1: 6/21/2022

Okay, after an extended lay-off and considering I have golf league tomorrow, I decided to get back into it today.

I went to the range. I can't say I worked on anything specific. I just hit 5 balls with each club in my bag... well except the putter which I hit none and the 6-iron which I hit 10. I used the first 5 to warm up. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 107.  Played 18 at a nearby course as warm-up for Thursday's match play round.  I shot an 80, beating the strokes gained benchmarks for a 10 handicap in driving (by half a shot) and approach (by nearly two).  Chipping and putting weren't terrible, although I missed a short putt on the first hole that I'd really like back for several reasons. 😞 

I had a good run of pars a few times.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/3377844 

Unfortunately, the birdie at #15 does not improve my away course composite score.  But it was a fine birdie anyway.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 233, June 21, 2022

Hit balls for about 15 minutes with the wrist feels I explained in a post yesterday.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 236 - More chipping practice today, this time in my yard, continuing to focus on techniqu and making good contact. For a lark I tried Pete Cowan's cross-handed drill (Matt Fitzpatrick chips this way all the time) and found that it is really hard not to thin the ball unless you simply turn back and thru...no lag. 

Day 2: 6/22/2022

Hit balls with a 6 iron in the garage today. I have league tonight. It will be my first time back on the course since May. So, I'm looking forward to it. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 234, June 22, 2022

Hit balls for awhile downtown, after some morning lessons, but am going to Lake View to join as a social member with a range pass to use the short game area there and hit some balls.

Day 605: Played 18 solo in the rain this morning. Rehearsed my feels before each shot. Irons were ok. Driver was launching low with a pull. I adjusted the position forward and got better launch. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9 (22 Jun 22) - At the beach place today to do some maintenance.  We (the missus, son and grandson) opted to play one of the local putt-putt courses.  Decided to just play the holes easy, not rushed.  Little to no breaks except on the ones like you are putting on the side of a hill.  Only par 4 made 2 putt eagle. Birdies on four additional holes, one bogie.  Minus 5 thru 18 for a net score of 36 off a 41.  Now to make such putting happen on the course.

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 234, Part 2 (June 22, 2022)

Went to the range at Lake View after joining as a social member+range member. By "range" I mean the short game area, mostly. Three separate pretty big greens with a lot of fairway, rough, bunkers… tall grasses… the works.