IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 23. Worked on my PP with slow swings indoors today. Also did some chipping.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 40: 1/8/2023

I got about a half dozen sessions in the garage today working on my priority pieces. Basically every time I had a few minutes I went in the garage and hit a handful of balls into the net. I rotated working on different priority pieces. I'm looking forward to getting to the indoor range here soon and capturing some more video. 

Oh, and I did my swing speed training too. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 70, January 9, 2023

Got a good 90-minute session in. I'm sure about 20 minutes was gabbing with some students, but it felt good to get a good long one in. Really felt like I was palmar flexing my right wrist on the backswing, which is good for me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 9 - did mirror work on my backswing again today. Checking my grip and position at A2. Starting to work a bit more on the later parts of the backswing, but mostly focused on the grip and A2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 8 (10 Jan 23) - Went short club route today, set up the mat to where I was around 32 paces (roughly 30yds) from one of the pins in the yard.  Worked with hitting the 8i, GW and LW to within a 6yd circle of the pin.  The yard slopes away from the backside of the pin, so any "long" shot that released would roll out of the circle and not count.  Was hitting in groups of 8.  Drill allowed me to work on setting up wedges versus irons for short shots around the green so to speak.  In terms of overall grouping was more accurate with the 8i, doing basic bump and runs, getting on average 4 of 8 in the group within the circle.   The closest I landed the ball was with the LW - several within 2'.   One thing I like about the mat is that the two tiers allow me to hit from tight lies and the rough, which the "grass" had a memory to where it was bent mostly in one direction, which allowed me to hit with or against the grain.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 24. Range today working on the same items.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 70, January 10, 2023

Tried out the Devil Balls. They're okay. Mostly worked on the backswing in a mirror.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 40: 1/10/2023

I also fiddled around with the Devil balls. I haven't really found a way to incorporate them into any kind of actual practice yet. I just kind of experiment with them now and again. If anyone comes up with a way to get good use out of them I'm interested. I guess I could literally just use them for any putting I do instead of using a regular ball. 

I hit the outdoor range on lunch and did some block practice with random elements in it. I worked on my priority pieces for a series of 6 balls, but I switched between 3 clubs (PW, 8I, 6I) randomly for each of the 6 balls while focusing on that piece. Then I switched pieces for 6 balls or so again with the random element of switching the club for each ball. 

Later I spent 15 minutes in the garage making super slow swings working on putting all of my priority pieces into one swing. Or at least trying to do so. I tried to do the swing slow enough to be able to incorporate all my focus points into one swing. I'm trying to include more slow mo and mirror work into my practice regimen. 

Day 10: Did a super speed session. 

-- Daniel

January 11, Day 1: I spent time this morning working on setup posture. I need to change how I set up as I am in my heels almost sitting. Was told to get my heels 2 inches from my wall and set up with my butt just barely touching the wall and to get my other angles right. 2 inches is surprisingly close to the wall when you look down, and I felt like I was falling forward. So I was doing it right. I need to do it looking in the mirror too so I can set up right without the wall as a crutch.

Day 25 - Chipping indoors today using AlmostGolf balls. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 25. Worked some more in the basement.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 9 (11 Jan 23) - Hit hard foam balls in the backyard with the 4h.  Worked on the key points in setup that I have been working on - grip position, club alignment to ball.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 42: 1/11/2023

I got my swing speed training in today. In addition I went out to the garage at least 3 times to put about 5-15 minutes of work into my priority pieces. Although the first time out there all I did was super slow swings. I now know why foam balls are good for slow swings. I hit one off the hosel (I think) and it rattled around in the garage a bit. Oops. No damage was done but it was pretty loud. 

So I did slo-mo swings and speed training. Kind of an interesting combination. 

I also spent about 10 minutes putting the devil ball. Basically I tried to make 6 foot putts over and over again using the putting mirror and the devil ball. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer

Day 11: Mirror work. Checked my grip and position at A2 mostly. Beginning to play around with speed in the backswing too. 

-- Daniel

Day 10 (12 Jan 23) - Walked the front nine at Minnesott today, weather started in the 50’s headed to almost 70.   Focused on setup and pre-shot process - which getting out ahead of the morning groups allowed me time to stay in the moment.  Score was about “par” for me with a 43. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 26 - Did a Trackman session today at my local GG. Booked and hour, but probably did more like an hour and a quarter.  Driver was a real mixed bag, but needs work...as do other fairway woods. Wedges are off to a pretty good start.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 2: Went to the club to get in some practice and record myself for Erik. Did about 10 swings where I very consciously worked to set up with the instructed posture and then recorded swings. After I finished that I spent another 15 minutes where I took maybe 20 swings. Again worked on that posture and worked on Erik's rope drill. 

After that I went to our chipping area to practice. I chipped 30 balls to various holes from various areas around the green, some 10ft away some up to 50 feet away. Put 13 of the 30 within 5 feet which is the game I'm playing as I practice.