IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 40. Finally was able to film my swing today. I will upload to my swing thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DayΒ 40 - Pre-putt routine work today. Focused on keeping my eyes on the line, not freezing over the ball and starting with a trigger.Β 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

• Administrator

Day 90, January 29, 2023

Good 30 minutes today. Nearing the end of the "backswing" work. Might extend it for aΒ little bit with some HackMotion work to Valentine's Day.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 59: 01/29/2023

I'm still working on backswing work. Been doing it a lot in the mirror. Today mostly slow motion, but I also used the pvc pipe and the no club thing. Gotta get myself more video soon.Β 

Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

Day 19/20 jan 29: got feedback from my evolvr submission and spent 5-10 minutes watching it working more on my setup with the wall. Plan to spend a lot of time the next little bit doing it. I’m finding it difficultΒ 

Day 29: Mirror work again. Same thing as the past few days - grip, A2, and speedier in the early backswing.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Day 20/21 Jan 30, 2023: Have spent time today getting into proper setup a couple inches from the wall and in front of a mirror. Had a bit of an aha moment where it took a bit of a different routine to get into posture. Instead of standing and then bending at my waist, stood like normal then kinda shifted forward to ensure my weight was on the balls of my feet and then bent. Kept the butt off the wall and kept me balanced differently. Now I gotta make that stick,

Day 41. Indoor work today focused on my same PP.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

Day 60, Jan 30, 2023

I did mirror work combined with running to the garage to try to recreate the feel I would have in the mirror.Β 

I also reviewed my recent videos of my swing.Β 

• Administrator

Day 91, January 30, 2023

Hit 12 balls after some lessons. Backswing stuff. Arch the right wrist during the backswing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 30: Did the COVID 30 Day chipping drill.Β 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Day 41 - Slow motion backswings with an 8-iron. Putting practice including re-doing the vision test and practiced aiming from various spots on the rug to a target, left and right hand swings and more work on my pre-putt routine.Β 

• Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

Day 42. Indoor work today focused on my same PP.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 92, January 31, 2023

Got in five minutes between lessons. Barely. ShouldΒ have time tomorrow afternoon for a good session.

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Day 42. Indoor work today focused on my same PP.

Dude, I know you mean priority piece, but I am far too immature to read that you've been focusing on your PP and not giggle. 🀣

Day 61, January 31, 2023

I had a good day of practice today. Got to the range and worked on my priority pieces (PP...πŸ€ͺ). I did mostly block practice with my 6 iron before switching to some random practice trying to perform the same swing with the same focus on priority pieces with my wedge, my 5 wood and my driver.Β 

Then I spent about 20 minutes hitting lob and/or sand wedge to a number of different targets from about 20 yards up to just under 100 yards.Β 

Later, I happened to be visiting a customer out near a Golf Galaxy so I went inside and test drove a couple of drivers. That was fun, but nothing impressed me enough to feel I'd need to make a switch. I hit the Callaway Paradigm, The Cobra AeroJet, and a couple of the new Titleist offerings. I maybe hit 5 balls with each.Β 

• Funny 2

Day IVIII:

This morning, sheltered from the frosty New England winter in my humble abode, I endeavored to continue my journey to become more skilled at this beautiful yet frustratingly painful game known the world around as β€˜Golf’. Using slower motions, I labored on myΒ motus prioritas, priority movement in layman’s terms, to improve the repeatability of the proper hand, arm, torso coordination needed to effectively deliver the club face to that tiny dimpled orb. I labored for the better part of one quarter of an hour.

Henceforth, I will reference this athletic labor as β€˜working on my MP’, so as not to illicit mirthful reactions from our 7th grade level membership who attended primary and secondary educational institutions in the greater Chicago Metropolitan Area.Β 

• Funny 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 42 - Since I can't top @boogielicious's erudite descriptionΒ of his practice today, I won't even try, LOL.

Busy day today so just a few minutes putting practice (mostly on pre-putt routine) and chipping with my 49* wedge and an AlmostGOLF ball.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1